kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

27 minutes ago, Solemen said:

I think they made short starter combo almost the same length as normal starter but the frame in between hits are noticeably shorter for short starters.

While I'd like to think that is the cause, I don't think so. If 2A is still a short starter, how come I cannot do j.B > j.A > j.B > dj.B > dj.C in the 5B starter combo like in CPEX?

Simply put, my theory is that either 2A is also now a normal starter move and normal starter was nerfed to be similiar to CPEX, or ALL moves are short starter ratings now, expect 6B which is very short. Also, 2A > 5B > 5C > Rosen vs 2B > 5B > 5C > Rosen. In both cases, the opponent techs at the same time... you would expect them to fall further in the latter case, as... 2B would be a "normal" starter.

I hope that it's a glitch regarding the PC version, as Bullet and Ragna could still combo moves late in their combos... Valk is the only one plagued with this issue, it seems.

Also would like to point out that this exact same combo, from 5B starter and adjustments leaving the CT out works in CPEX.

58 minutes ago, Mr.Ownage said:

While I'd like to think that is the cause, I don't think so. If 2A is still a short starter, how come I cannot do j.B > j.A > j.B > dj.B > dj.C in the 5B starter combo like in CPEX?

Simply put, my theory is that either 2A is also now a normal starter move and normal starter was nerfed to be similiar to CPEX, or ALL moves are short starter ratings now, expect 6B which is very short. Also, 2A > 5B > 5C > Rosen vs 2B > 5B > 5C > Rosen. In both cases, the opponent techs at the same time... you would expect them to fall further in the latter case, as... 2B would be a "normal" starter.

I hope that it's a glitch regarding the PC version, as Bullet and Ragna could still combo moves late in their combos... Valk is the only one plagued with this issue, it seems.

Also would like to point out that this exact same combo, from 5B starter and adjustments leaving the CT out works in CPEX.

CF is weird on that but I don't have any experience with Valk to give a reason why it doesn't work, sorry.

I played Bang and we have a combo path involving a float in between a midscreen combo and it does not work on any of the 5A/2A starters but would work on a 5B/2B starter.

In my experience of CF, minor changes to certain combo path might make them invalid at some point.

You are rather forced to either omit a move or try a new string but in the end, it is something you have to remember and it is kinda of a pain to manage.

Sorry if this was not the answer you were looking for.

I wonder where mai fits on a tier list, she looks amazing to play with, so many tools for neutral and good looking pressure.

2 hours ago, TD said:

I wonder where mai fits on a tier list, she looks amazing to play with, so many tools for neutral and good looking pressure.

Besides a pretty weak mixup, Mai's pretty good and well-rounded.

I'd say mid/upper mid-tier, maybe even better depending on how the rest of the cast works. Mai definitely has a good advantage against characters with weak neutral.

14 hours ago, Solemen said:

CF is weird on that but I don't have any experience with Valk to give a reason why it doesn't work, sorry.

I played Bang and we have a combo path involving a float in between a midscreen combo and it does not work on any of the 5A/2A starters but would work on a 5B/2B starter.

In my experience of CF, minor changes to certain combo path might make them invalid at some point.

You are rather forced to either omit a move or try a new string but in the end, it is something you have to remember and it is kinda of a pain to manage.

Sorry if this was not the answer you were looking for.

Yeah... BBCPEX had an untech time decay table on the Dustloop wiki. Maybe CF's untech decay values are different comprared to CPEX and starters standardized (like how ALL characters combo rate being 60% now). If we would get a table regarding CF's untech time values (which will take a while) that would explain a few things.

Combo timer is even shorter here than in CPEX, which I thought was actually impossible...

Except the things were you discussing guys...

Any sign of Central Fiction Material Collection? It's almost seven months after release and zero information about it. The only existed publication I was able to find (or rather say had got knowledge) is „ES Works”.

8 hours ago, Kenji Harima said:

Except the things were you discussing guys...

Any sign of Central Fiction Material Collection? It's almost seven months after release and zero information about it. The only existed publication I was able to find (or rather say had got knowledge) is „ES Works”.

I doubt it will happen, the other artbooks are out of print too, they should re-print them, there must be some demand.

I know there's not much activity here, but for PC/Steam players of BBCF and for those that have potato/toaster PC's who want to get their game up and running to a stable 60FPS without having to resort to using the PC's graphic settings, then this "Imporvment Mod" is just for you guys, lol. (Credit to KoviDomi.)

---

Version 1.05 is now up on PC/Steam, fixes the graphics issues, besides using the improvement mod, which now you can also toggle in-game for better performances for those with toaster/potato PC's and some hi-end ones with issues. Also includes chaning the button layouts for menu and battle for those with their own controller/stick layouts.

So hey, since the thread got necro'd anyway, I might as well ask. We're supposed to get some Blazblue-related announcement on EVO, according to what Mori said some time earlier, right? And if so, when can we expect such an announcement - during the tournament on Saturday or only during the finals on Sunday?

Just now, In&Out said:

So hey, since the thread got necro'd anyway, I might as well ask. We're supposed to get some Blazblue-related announcement on EVO, according to what Mori said some time earlier, right? And if so, when can we expect such an announcement - during the tournament on Saturday or only during the finals on Sunday?

If it is Blazblue-related, Sunday, since Blazblue's Finals are on Sunday. Although, I have other theories about what it might be, if not Blazblue-related.

2 hours ago, Calamitus said:

If they will announce RWBY fighting game instead new version of CF, it will be a serious letdown.

I've heard there will be an Arc panel on Friday. It is more likely they announce it right there.

However, I really doubt about the possibility of a new CF, if not the one coming for switch, so I guess there will be just DLC and (I hope) a balance Patch

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I've heard there will be an Arc panel on Friday. It is more likely they announce it right there.

However, I really doubt about the possibility of a new CF, if not the one coming for switch, so I guess there will be just DLC and (I hope) a balance Patch

When's the Arc panel and where can I watch it?

10 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Wait is it an Arc System Works panel or an Aksys panel because that changes things. It's on Aksysnation Twitch channel which suggests the later.

Well, the source says "Arc System Works" panel, I thought weird too that it was on Aksys twitch channel. It even say that it will feature SNK and Bandai Namco (the later probably about Dragon Ball Fighters)

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Sorry about that guys, I thought there would be something.

Why be sorry, though? It's not like you forced us to watch it or promised that they'll totally announce something. No worries!

But it kinda sucks that all the big announcements are now likely to happen on Sunday. That means due to timezone differences I'll only get to see the news on Monday morning and that isn't nearly as fun.

Call me cynical, but something tells me it'll be news on pretty much ANYTHING but BlazBlue.

Unless, the announcement on Sunday was specifically mentioned to be about it?

I still feel like the Switch version is a wildcard; it could mean that they have something interesting planned for it....or it'll just be a quick port for whatever reason.