kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

24 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

I guess the chances are slim but I hope they add more story to the game with the Jubei DLC.

With the HUD slight changes, they probably will pull out a REV2, with some interface changes, new chars and some more story content, I guess...

Never was a fan of Jubei, personally, but still, him finally being playable is great. Though I do hope we'll see some more new content besides him, preferably story-related.

As for the crossover title, looks very cool, but I see two possible problems with it:

1. The game seems to be re-using assets from earlier ASW games... yet again. That means most of the returning characters will likely be very similar to their original incarnations, and that's a bit boring.

2. A crossover like this means that not every character will make it to the roster, which is especially sad in regards to RWBY. Before knowing that it's a crossover I was really looking forward to the possibility of playing some of the side characters from the show. In a crossover, however, we'll be lucky to get anyone besides the main cast at this point.

Stil looks very hype-worthy, though, can't wait until we find out more.

50 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

I guess the chances are slim but I hope they add more story to the game with the Jubei DLC.

I hope Variable Heart, Spiral Shift and Bloodedge Experience make it to the game in a story expansion since they're kinda crucial to the overall story and yet they're demoted to LN format.

hopefully they release more info of Cross Tag Battle, it look totally so good to play. Maybe there gonna be some chance for a Demo in future.

Hey everyone. I've returned after hearing that I could potentially have Makoto :MK: and Sho :ballSHO: on the same team in a REAL game. At first I only cared about the RWBY warning but having RWBY in the game is just a side thing at this point. I think it's interesting that they paired up English Ruby with a JP dubbed game but RWBY is a US show so it makes sense I guess. And I get that not everybody can come back but I have high hopes that Makoto and Sho can make it, and I imagine that there would only be 4 RWBY characters.

As for Jubei, I hope you're all happy he's in after waiting for years. My only hope is that it's a REV2 change and not another EXTEND because I don't think I could buy it again. He looked like he had story so I'm assuming it's more Arcade stuff.

Hmm. Never really cared for Jubei but good that he's in, at least we won't be hearing about his absence any more.

But goddamn, RWBY? That's super hype. I'm already wonder who else is going to make the cast apart from Ruby herself.

Also, if this tag game is going to have any chance at all of making it to PC, ASW will need to figure something out with Atlus (and maybe bring P4A over for that matter).

One more thing caught my attention. The artworks of the Six Heroes and Ragna at the end of Jubei's trailer - are those new? Because if so, seems suspicious.

4 minutes ago, In&Out said:

One more thing caught my attention. The artworks of the Six Heroes and Ragna at the end of Jubei's trailer - are those new? Because if so, seems suspicious.

I've heard around that will be a "new version" of Central Fiction. My guess is something like Rev2: digital update or new disc for whoever wants it

7 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I've heard around that will be a "new version" of Central Fiction. My guess is something like Rev2: digital update or new disc for whoever wants it

Define "heard around"?

Also, if it is indeed Central Fiction 2 or whatever, seems strange for them to release Jubei as a standalone DLC. Him being a part of an expansion would sell it MUCH better. Unless he is a part of CF2, which would mean we're getting not just one character but an updated version in just a couple of months - but that's too good to be true.

The interview I posted earlier, people are telling me (more like translating) that there will be some balance and it will hit soon. I am just waiting to see if someone tell me if this is right

3 minutes ago, In&Out said:

Also, if it is indeed Central Fiction 2 or whatever, seems strange for them to release Jubei as a standalone DLC. Him being a part of an expansion would sell it MUCH better. Unless he is a part of CF2, which would mean we're getting not just one character but an updated version in just a couple of months - but that's too good to be true.

Since Jubei's release says Summer 2017, you can expect it from now up to September (I really hope not), because that art in the end of Jubei's trailer seems like a new boxart, like they always do. But I can't simply think Jubei will be the only one, and no, I'm not those ones like "When X character", because the select screen won't have symmetry, which will be strange, unless they move up Susanoo's place to somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

The interview I posted earlier, people are telling me (more like translating) that there will be some balance and it will hit soon. I am just waiting to see if someone tell me if this is right

Since Jubei's release says Summer 2017, you can expect it from now up to September (I really hope not), because that art in the end of Jubei's trailer seems like a new boxart, like they always do. But I can't simply think Jubei will be the only one, and no, I'm not those ones like "When X character", because the select screen won't have symmetry, which will be strange, unless they move up Susanoo's place to somewhere else.

Thanks for clarifying about the interview, sounds interesting. Though "balance patch" does not necessarily mean "new edition" It might be just that, some balance changes to accompany Jubei.

But I sure hope that if that's really a new version, then Jubei isn't the only new character. While not much of a "When's X?!" person myself, as I said, I'm not really hyped for Jubei.

BBCF is a Japan Evo event. Something is coming and soon. Hopeful really soon to avoid being in another game's purchase/attention space. Tomorrow would be perfect...

3 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Pretty much; he specifically says there will be a new version and it will be out "very soon." Whether he means for arcades or console isn't clear, though.

All I know is that we'll get some more sequel hooks for when Blazblue finally makes the Xrd jump.

Jubei seems to have gotten upscaled to Carl's size. I think it's better this way.

BB x The World looks very hype, I wonder how's it going to play button wise though. 

All I ask for is a reasonable PC release date.

What are the odds of we getting Ultimax on Steam though? I won't say impossible since Overture did get ported, but it's going to be tough to have Cross Tag and not Ultimax in the same platform, sounds very unreasonable. Besides, seems Arc Sys did manage to work something out with Atlus if P4A is in.

Man, the possibility of this being PS4 only because of Atlus is hella scary.

Some Jubei Trailer analysis:

0:31 - Fireball looks similar to Kokonoe's, given its use in the trailer it could be used for Okizeme?

0:32 - Anti Air, it looks to have decent height due to the fact he jumps up a bit first.

0:36 - Counter Move, it looks similar to Hakumen's drive: wonder what the input is.

0:43 - Appears to be an Install distortion, hard to say what it does for him without knowing what his Drive is

0:46 - This part is important, notice Hakumen's state before he gets hit by the series of "bumper" attacks. The moment the first hit lands, he gets a black marker placed on him. I'm thinking this is Jubei's Drive.

0:59 - Astral Heat, have we seen that mask at any point during the story?

Active Flow:

We only made the following actions that trigger active flow.
· Hit the attack (Do not activate with guard)
· Activate overdrive
· Hit Exceed Axel
· The opponent activates a negative penalty

5 hours ago, Monarch said:

0:59 - Astral Heat, have we seen that mask at any point during the story?

I think it's just his face upon removing the eyepatch.

Nice analysis!