kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

2 hours ago, solidscheme said:

Waaaay too early to be worried about a tier list. Pick up a character and study. 

Im mostly curious in how it may have changed than any important techical stuff like top tier picks. I never been one to follow a tier list, prefering to play who i like over who is good, but only to stay in the know about more general things like the general state of balance of the game.

Susanoo Wish List

1. Inevitable Calamity input changed to 236[C]

2. 2A hits low

3. Each version of Sundering Claws has more + frames the higher the level.

4. Dancing Dual Kick is projectile-invul frame 1-start of kick.

5. Air Hunter's Fang must be block high.

6. Inevitable Calamity builds heat from absorbing projectiles

7. Removal of pause in his dash.

Susanoo has HORRIBLE neutral tools (except his sword) currently even with specials unlocked. His specials don't actually do anything. 

System Wish List

1. Removal of guard-cancel Overdrive

2. Active Flow does NOT activate from Overdrive activation. 

8 minutes ago, Arcus Diabolus said:

Im mostly curious in how it may have changed than any important techical stuff like top tier picks. I never been one to follow a tier list, prefering to play who i like over who is good, but only to stay in the know about more general things like the general state of balance of the game.

That's going to takes weeks to find out. 

On July 18, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Number 13 said:

Welp rip Naoto OH. Strange to gut it since he has to work to get in against half the cast and should be rewarded a decent mixup game. 

Speaking of 'working hard', is anything being done about Nine and Izanami?  I mean seriously, I'd think they'd be nerfed out of anyone.

Yeah, let's wait it out to put in a seperate topic for BB:CTB once we get more info later on.

So in two years the new Blazblue saga is coming and it will involve alpha 1 somehow but mori said his new project won't be a fighting game so rpg?

2 hours ago, Toxin45 said:

So in two years the new Blazblue saga is coming and it will involve alpha 1 somehow but mori said his new project won't be a fighting game so rpg?

Not a fighting game? I hope not. 

The only thing I might find Interesting would be a strategy game centered around the wars of Blazblue or a hack and slash game like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden. 

Pound for pound though, I want a fighting game. 

6 hours ago, Arcus Diabolus said:

Not a fighting game? I hope not. 

The only thing I might find Interesting would be a strategy game centered around the wars of Blazblue or a hack and slash game like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden. 

Pound for pound though, I want a fighting game. 

This trend is sounding a little too off-topic-ish so I'll be as brief as I can. The general rule when it comes to Mori is to take everything he says with a grain of salt. The interview which the guy is talking about mentions nothing about the next BlazBlue not being a fighting game. You can check it out yourself here. But I'll quote the things of interest because I don't like unproven musings being presented here.

Part 1: "Alpha-1" is the tentative name of the character that Mori has been teasing around for a while now. She doesn't exist, technically, in any form beyond some concept art and twitter posts. To think the next saga stars her is presumptuous. What Mori said in that interview is as follows:

Woocash: I wanted to ask you about your Twitter banner. It has “Apocalypse,” on it, is that just a teaser, project, or…?

Mori: You will figure it out in around two years. Well, at some point but no later than two years, it could be sooner.

Translation: keep your hype and expectations in check. "Alpha-1" is not something that exists as of right now. Ergo, it is pointless to dwell on anything that she might be representing because we have virtually nothing to go on. Again, she's so far only something that Mori draws and showcases from time to time.

Part 2: Mori never said that the next BB will not be a fighting game, as far as that particular interview is concerned. His primary response is that he'd like to take a break from fighting games since he's been doing it with BB for a while now. And that's perfectly reasonable on his part. He considers BBCF a complete game so if he were to do another, new BB saga, it'd need to start from scratch (whatever that means for him). We only know that BBCF concludes "Ragna's story" which was made clear months ago. Trying to predict something beyond that is grasping at straws.

Woocash: Mori-san, I want to ask about Central Fiction’s gameplay in comparison to older games. CF seems to be faster, more explosive, you get Overdrive back a lot faster, etc. You ever think about toning it down, do you feel it’s a little too much, too fast?

Mori: Currently, I believe Central Fiction is the complete form of the BlazBlue series. From Chrono Phantasma, all of those systems, I made up the new system additions myself. After that, I had a discussion with the staff about how we can perfect things, and the result of that is Central Fiction. If I ever get to work on a new BlazBlue series, I would actually start the system from zero.

Woocash: Why start over?

Mori: Personally, for me, Central Fiction is a complete format, so I don’t want to touch that or add something or modify. If I want to start something new, I’d rather start fresh.

Woocash: You were also saying you don’t really want to work on fighting games anymore. Can you comment on that?

Mori: It’s not like I hate fighting games. It’s just that I’ve been working on fighting games for such a long time. It’s like a food thing — even if it’s your favorite, if you keep eating it over and over, you’ll get tired of it. So perhaps I wanted to work on something new for myself. My core philosophy is to entertain people. A fighting game isn’t the only way to entertain people, and I want to find what other way I can give joy to people.

Long story short: don't worry about it. Start making your judgement after ASW decides what to roll out within that supposed 2 year time period. Right now we've got BBCF with Jubei+patch coming in. We also have BBCTB announced for next year. Focus on that and wait out the time until the next bit of news comes our way.

All good?

7 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

-snip- 

All good?

Yea, I was just kinda thinking about what direction I would prefer Blazblue to go in if it stepped away from the fighting game genre.

Also kinda curious what he means by start fresh. Does he mean starting over from Calamity Trigger?  Of course, the world can never know until he announces it, but still, its good discussion material.

On 21/7/2017 at 8:11 PM, solidscheme said:

Susanoo Wish List

2. 2A hits low

3. Each version of Sundering Claws has more + frames the higher the level.

4. Dancing Dual Kick is projectile-invul frame 1-start of kick.

5. Air Hunter's Fang must be block high.

Susanoo has HORRIBLE neutral tools currently even with specials unlocked. His specials don't actually do anything.

Not sure if troll but I laughed anyway.

8 hours ago, Luminos564 said:

This trend is sounding a little too off-topic-ish so I'll be as brief as I can. The general rule when it comes to Mori is to take everything he says with a grain of salt. The interview which the guy is talking about mentions nothing about the next BlazBlue not being a fighting game. You can check it out yourself here. But I'll quote the things of interest because I don't like unproven musings being presented here.

Part 1: "Alpha-1" is the tentative name of the character that Mori has been teasing around for a while now. She doesn't exist, technically, in any form beyond some concept art and twitter posts. To think the next saga stars her is presumptuous. What Mori said in that interview is as follows:

Translation: keep your hype and expectations in check. "Alpha-1" is not something that exists as of right now. Ergo, it is pointless to dwell on anything that she might be representing because we have virtually nothing to go on. Again, she's so far only something that Mori draws and showcases from time to time.

Part 2: Mori never said that the next BB will not be a fighting game, as far as that particular interview is concerned. His primary response is that he'd like to take a break from fighting games since he's been doing it with BB for a while now. And that's perfectly reasonable on his part. He considers BBCF a complete game so if he were to do another, new BB saga, it'd need to start from scratch (whatever that means for him). We only know that BBCF concludes "Ragna's story" which was made clear months ago. Trying to predict something beyond that is grasping at straws.

Long story short: don't worry about it. Start making your judgement after ASW decides what to roll out within that supposed 2 year time period. Right now we've got BBCF with Jubei+patch coming in. We also have BBCTB announced for next year. Focus on that and wait out the time until the next bit of news comes our way.

All good?

But where do the previous statements that Mori's next project won't be a fighting game fall into place with all of this? Granted, Cross Tag Battle makes that statement a bit suspect but assuming we're talking about something after that, in order to be ready in two years maximum the new saga must either be that new genre game or in a non-video game medium.

3 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

But where do the previous statements that Mori's next project won't be a fighting game fall into place with all of this? Granted, Cross Tag Battle makes that statement a bit suspect but assuming we're talking about something after that, in order to be ready in two years maximum the new saga must either be that new genre game or in a non-video game medium.

This assumes that supposed project is related to BlazBlue to begin with and that Mori wasn't lying when he said he wanted to take a break from making fighters. We've already established that in the latter scenario, Mori lies like there's no tomorrow so his words carry little evidence. And we know nothing concrete about that project in the former scenario. I am not denying the possibility for BB to switch genres, but I do think that making baseless claims like "Next BB game is not a fighter and it will have Alpha-1" is...unproductive, at least for this thread.

It might be worth noting that Jubei is where the random select slot was previously. I'm interested in seeing where they're going to put the timer and random select slot now.

The more adjustments they make on character select screen, the more confused I get. Damn, now my hopes for an extra char are crushed, but oh well, CF is good, we got Jubei and a patch. Aaaaaand people are guessing unlimited chars are back, because Hazama "used" one of his unlimited skills, let's see what happens.

8 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

The more adjustments they make on character select screen, the more confused I get. Damn, now my hopes for an extra char are crushed, but oh well, CF is good, we got Jubei and a patch. Aaaaaand people are guessing unlimited chars are back, because Hazama "used" one of his unlimited skills, let's see what happens.

They are probably focusing on Blazblue cross tag

The only thing that I really dislike about Jubei's position on the character select screen is because the middle section is supposed to be the final bosses of the game AND in the order they are fought (Mu>Terumi(at least in CP)>Nine>Izanami>Susanoo)

I mean, we got the most important character, so it's fine if they don't add more I suppose.  Finally got what I was after, so it was cool if they added more, but didn't matter much either to me.

23 hours ago, TekkamanArk said:

I mean, we got the most important character, so it's fine if they don't add more I suppose.

Wow, don't get me wrong, but that sounds kinda egotistical. What about all those people, to whom Jubei wasn't the most awesomest thing in all of BlazBlue?