kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

So I've just tried to count..... and it seems like in OD, her fullscreen Za Warudo is 4s startup?

Izanami threads are up, and they look pretty now too. You guys should totally post in them. Especially all the data and observations we've collected over the past four days. <3

So Nine has a theme that plays against Celica and Kokonoe, but does that theme play when it's the latter two against each other? Or is it still Sector Seven?

Really hoping the new theme plays so it's a sort of Mercury family theme.

11 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

So Nine has a theme that plays against Celica and Kokonoe, but does that theme play when it's the latter two against each other? Or is it still Sector Seven?

Really hoping the new theme plays so it's a sort of Mercury family theme.

At the moment is only confirmed for Kokonoe, I didn't heard anything involving Celica and Nine, in the latter's arcade act 1 it was Crystal forest (Celica theme) which played at that time

Just now, JustaMaskedFreak said:

At the moment is only confirmed for Kokonoe, I didn't heard anything involving Celica and Nine, in the latter's arcade act 1 it was Crystal forest (Celica theme) which played at that time

Based God Sourenga confirmed it with a video.

Nine vs Kokonoe/Celica confirmed to be "Family Feud".

Bad jokes aside, I'm guessing that Izanami will have/has a theme vs Jin, Ragna and possibly Noel?

Just now, Moy_X7 said:

Bad jokes aside, I'm guessing that Izanami will have/has a theme vs Jin, Ragna and possibly Noel?

She has one vs Rags. Not sure about the others.

19 minutes ago, Moy_X7 said:

Her vs. theme is just for Ragna. 

57 minutes ago, Moy_X7 said:

Weak, I was expecting it to be at least against Ragna and Jin.

Well Jin bullied her, you think she's gonna share with him :V

Spoiler

Why wouldn't she share death with Jin? Him especially.

Izanami autoguard special looks supremely good, thankfully her mixup game seems kind of tame though it looks like she can extend pressure indefinitely. It does seem high risk high reward so if she cannot confirm a string into deactivate or command grab in time she's gonna be worse off especially against amane.

27 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Well Jin bullied her, you think she's gonna share with him :V

If anything they should have given her a theme vs Jin alone due to the aforementioned bullying. 

That ribcage seems like a good way to deter wake-up DPs, hopefully it can be setup without having the opponent roll out on you.

Went to the arcade today to try out Izanami. Didn't bother to look up with her drive did, couldn't figure it out on my own. didn't learn much, lol. Couldn't combo at all, especially with her weird float instead of a double jump. Going to have to do some research next time.

Also, I watched a 19 Dan ranked Izanami fight a 19 Dan ranked Mu, and for  the first round I honestly, seriously thought he was playing training mode. That Mu touched him like 3 times the whole match (and it was best 3 out of 5). I'm scared.

Well she's still new so. New character syndrome

just look at nine and how everyone is blocking Kunzite now. It's only a matter of time until she (izanami) is figured out and she's gonna need to pull out more technical mixups.

On 2016-02-06 at 11:04 AM, TD said:

Well she's still new so. New character syndrome

just look at nine and how everyone is blocking Kunzite now. It's only a matter of time until she (izanami) is figured out and she's gonna need to pull out more technical mixups.

I don't know man, I'm still seeing alot of people still trying to block Kunzite with their face. It really depends on the nine that their facing playstyle. Sure there are people that always use kunzite as soon as it pops up which means they are predictable as fuck but on the flip side a good amount of nine players who mix it up with other spells like taaffeite and whatnot so they catch their opponent offguard when they do use kunzite.

On another note, I know that it's still pretty early but I'm sad that there's not alot of Izanami videos out in the wild right now. Even though it's been a week it doesn't seem like people are playing as her when compared to nine and her release where there were tons of videos and whatnot for people to get a feel of what she was going to play like. Not alot of people are picking her up it seems 

1 hour ago, MabuRabu said:

On another note, I know that it's still pretty early but I'm sad that there's not alot of Izanami videos out in the wild right now. Even though it's been a week it doesn't seem like people are playing as her when compared to nine and her release where there were tons of videos and whatnot for people to get a feel of what she was going to play like. Not alot of people are picking her up it seems 

I consider this a good sign for the balance of the character.   When a character comes out and is LOLGOOD, you see tons of them in a hurry.  Since we're not seeing that, she might actually be balanced or require skill.

7 hours ago, Shadow_Aizen said:

Is it true that Izanami is easy?

IMO, I would hope so but from what I've seen, she doesn't seem easy.

4 hours ago, susano said:

IMO, I would hope so but from what I've seen, she doesn't seem easy.

I was only asking cause someone told me through Twitter that she's easy. Wasn't sure if they were serious.

Izanami has a lot of options. A lot. I feel like she's going to be extremely solid once she is fleshed out. The hardest parts of her seem to be execution which really doesn't look that bad, and match ups.

She's confusing as hell to me. The incomprehensible combos listed on her forum aren't helping. I was going to sit down and try to figure some basic crap out today, but 2 rounds in some punk-ass Hibiki challenged me and of course steamrolled me because I couldn't even remember what all of her specials were. He knew too, he was sitting next to me playing one of those Nesica fighters I've never seen anyone touch, Quit just for the easy win, what a punk. 

On the bright side, after an initial loss because I'm out of practice (and still auto pilot CS1 stuff, and forgot the stuff I learned a month ago and I've never fought a Hibiki player before) I beat him 4 times in a row (then lost). Now I'm 3rd Dan, and the website is recognizing Mu as my main instead of just assuming I use Ragna! Yay! 

Hibiki is obnoxious, I hate fighting characters with full screen, near instant supers. I always forget about them when I'm throwing steins around all willy-nilly.

2 hours ago, Devdan said:

She's confusing as hell to me. The incomprehensible combos listed on her forum aren't helping. I was going to sit down and try to figure some basic crap out today, but 2 rounds in some punk-ass Hibiki challenged me and of course steamrolled me because I couldn't even remember what all of her specials were. 

That is partially my fault, I've included some English play-by-play for her combos. I'm also going to add some routes and protips for strings too.

I sincerely apologize for the trouble you had and hope you don't ditch her over one bad experience I am to blame for. 

Nah, no worries, I worded that obnoxiously anyway. I meant to look into it more while I was at home, but I forgot so when I got to the arcade and loaded the page on my phone I was surprised at how not-straightforward her combos seemed to be. Her drive is super weird too. Maybe once you figure her out she's easy, but she certainly isn't intuitive.