kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

I feel like I'm the only person in the Western audience who was incredibly excited for Celica's inclusion. She's my favorite character in the whole BB Universe (with Mai right behind her) and while I know it's unlikely for her to be fighting, keep in mind that for the majority of the story in CP she didn't have Minerva with her. So of course you wouldn't typically see her fighting, but with Minerva with her I see it as pretty viable. Though it's not entirely the same as Relius and Carl as the two seem perfectly capable of combat on their own, and thus have movesets of their own independent of Nirvana and Ignis. Celica doesn't, which is why they put Celica and Minerva as the same character, and the only moves she has that are not directly from Minerva are very silly things like slipping on her face and wiggling her wrists. 

I will be extremely pleased if Mai makes it into this game as well.

It was just stupid to people that she was added. She was supposed to be on linhua levels of non-fight, if not more than that, and yet here she is contradicting her own beliefs and story progress. Add to her very uninspired playstyle and "everyone (minus me, where's nine) wants jubei", and you have a despised character.

I grew to like her...a little... But many others, I just understand why they do not. They feel cheated. Hopefully in this new game she has more of a niche, at least. She still has the potential to be redeemed just as lambda has the chance to become her own character (in a figurative sense).

---

After Carl's lunge attack it appears Ada has a new claw attack as well. It could very well be a different animation on her 6d, but it's possible to be a new attack.

I guess some people want more than brand new sprite work for 3 new characters, new moves, new stages, new balance, etc. I also guess BB isn't the game some people should be playing then.

Well you know the saying: "Some people just cannot be happy with anything". Perhaps BBCF SHOULD have gone down the Xrd route. Burn the previous data to the ground and rebuild it in a completely new style while eliminating about 20 characters off the roster. I'd love to hear the kind of whine-fest that such a situation would cause.

On the subject of past additions, I was pretty happy to have Lambda-11 back in CPE. I don't like what they've done with her in that version but from the look of things, ASW is trying their best to differentiate the 3 Murakumo ladies. Celica as I've said felt like she was included more out of character popularity than anything. However, I will also admit that I really like how she plays. It's just the kind of right balance of cute and fierce. But then again, I am a sucker for things new and am always happy to try them out even if I do not use them in the long run. Which is why I feel Hibiki and Naoto make fine additions to the roster, even though by the end of it, it looks like it'll hit/break the 30 mark. I mean seriously, 30 characters. When you first picked up that snazzy CT title all those years ago, could you have foreseen it would lead you to this?

I recall them saying that this would be the last game. Well I expect BBCF extend but after that I can see Mori retiring for a while. 

Maybe they will just focus mainly on Xrd.

Hibiki both looks and acts nothing like Jin though. Is it cause the uniform is similar or what exactly? He seems to have attack on titan style dual blades and afterimages and stuff...

maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy with CP story but Hibiki really didn't have a very memorable personality. He was kinda there.... of course he was nothing like Jin but...

I recall them saying that this would be the last game. 

well they always say that ;p

I recall them saying that this would be the last game. Well I expect BBCF extend but after that I can see Mori retiring for a while. 

Maybe they will just focus mainly on Xrd.

It's the last game of ragna's story, but the BB universe is still newborn in terms of intellectual properties, there's no way in hell they'll stop making games.

maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy with CP story but Hibiki really didn't have a very memorable personality. He was kinda there.... of course he was nothing like Jin but...

He was always chasing Kagura around and being a stickler for the rules. He had the typical "model student" personality. Not quite anything like Jin.

Or Mori lied again.

What makes you think he would lie again after lying to us on a regular basis?

I feel like I'm the only person in the Western audience who was incredibly excited for Celica's inclusion. She's my favorite character in the whole BB Universe (with Mai right behind her) and while I know it's unlikely for her to be fighting, keep in mind that for the majority of the story in CP she didn't have Minerva with her. So of course you wouldn't typically see her fighting, but with Minerva with her I see it as pretty viable. Though it's not entirely the same as Relius and Carl as the two seem perfectly capable of combat on their own, and thus have movesets of their own independent of Nirvana and Ignis. Celica doesn't, which is why they put Celica and Minerva as the same character, and the only moves she has that are not directly from Minerva are very silly things like slipping on her face and wiggling her wrists. 

I will be extremely pleased if Mai makes it into this game as well. 

Nah that's cool, if you're excited to have her then that's all that matters.  Keep playing her as long as you're happy using her.

oh dayyummmnn get HYPE!!!!!

A new BB game with the TWO all new characters - Black hair Jin and kind-of-Ragna!

holy shit that's almost as revolutionary as the new character "Lambda" they so graciously included in BBCP Extend!

I hope you don't ever play an old Guilty Gear game where "robot Ky" and "Sol in a wedding dress" are literally characters and not exaggerations like in your post.

As a fan of Bururaji I was happy to see her. She was really cool in the radio show and I liked her in the novels and whatnot. Same with Mai, her VA came on the show recently and asked to be playable, they brainstormed she'd have a genderbender Drive and her 5A would be her chest growing out of nowhere and hitting you over and over lol. You know the VA is cool when that's what they imagine.

Oh wow, that's the funniest thing I've read all day. Mai's VA seems really cool. 

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Blazblue after (probably) BBCFEX.

Mori himself have stated that the game he will make after BBCF is not going to be a fighting game, and probably not being related to Blazblue.

So either Blazblue is only going to have updates, or someone else is going to take charge. Or Mori lied again.

Maybe he will finish this other one mysterious title after he is done with BB.

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/arc-system-works-announces-ps4-action-rpg-inferno-climber

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Blazblue after (probably) BBCFEX.

Mori himself have stated that the game he will make after BBCF is not going to be a fighting game, and probably not being related to Blazblue.

So either Blazblue is only going to have updates, or someone else is going to take charge. Or Mori lied again.

I heard he wants to make one of those the idolmaster games, there is no salvation for this man.

I heard he wants to make one of those the idolmaster games, there is no salvation for this man.

Well, I guess you don't have to like everything a guy makes lol.  I certainly have no interest in such a thing.

Active Flow seems to have something to do with OD and Burst icon, as well. The screenshot shows Ragna hitting Jin with 5B, and there's something happening to Ragna's icon after that. I can also see the "Overdrive" word in the description, but little else.

Hope we get some actual leaks today.

I'm willing to bet the following supers I saw in the trailer are actually Exceed Accels and not DDs:

Tager's electric shock thing

Mu's "Indignation"

Celica's drill super

Azrael's super where he knocks Amane into the air and then teleports behind Amane and knocks him in the opposite direction

Jin's ice spire

Izayoi's Kill La Kill super

The first supers they showed us for Hibiki and Naoto

Hazama's new super

Terumi's new super (2:14)

Kagura's "Bladestorm" (2:15)

Lambda's "Supra Rage" (2:16)

Kokonoe's electricity field (2:16)

My first guess was some sort of OD only super that ends OD automatically and doesn't scale. I'd have to check the trailer to show if any of them show the aftermath of the move.

So is that why for some of the characters OD ends as soon as the move finishes?  Does the move use your OD instead of meter?  I'm a little confused.

Yea it's odd how Ragna has 2 versions of whatever that DD is, one where the scythe is used and the other where the sword is used.

So is that why for some of the characters OD ends as soon as the move finishes?  Does the move use your OD instead of meter?  I'm a little confused.

I would assume so.

Yea it's odd how Ragna has 2 versions of whatever that DD is, one where the scythe is used and the other where the sword is used.

Probably scales based on amount of OD left.

I assume there'd be more benefits to the move when you use it with more Overdrive meter left? So using the move immediately after activating Overdrive would do more damage or give an additional effect compared to using it when Overdrive is about to end.

If it worked that way it would be a pretty cool concept: turning OD meter into a resource itself. You'd have to weigh the options of whether you should burn it right away VS keeping it for later, just like OD and burst. Assuming it works that way.