kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

5 minutes ago, Contreras1991 said:

im wonder if this would be her theme 

Maybe. they'll probably either take this and remix it or make a whole new one just for her. i kinda want a new one really. 

7 minutes ago, Contreras1991 said:

im wonder if this would be her theme 

My guess is that it's going to be a completely different song which will have some throwbacks to it in the chorus or something

32 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Now we only need Trinity and Jubei as playable characters and everybody will be happy.

Everybody? What about Kazuma, Mai, Drei and Bang Subordinate B fans? :roboky:

I feel sorry for pro players though. They have even more match-ups to learn.

2 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

Well if the interview with Mori is anything to go by, this will be the last BB game so there won't be many more matchups incoming.

22 minutes ago, Shinhwa said:

Now I want to know how Es will look like when she is hit by Amane and Relius' astral finish :v

If its anything like how Nine and Celica got hit by Amane's Astral (as their XBlaze: Lost Memories forms), she'll probably turn into the character "Nobody". Though for Relius, that'll probably be a surprise, but I have a hunch it might be her in an incubation tube, because, XBlaze: Code Embryo kinda had that, but who knows.

5 minutes ago, Zouf said:

1 year after arcade release, srsly...

Revelator was 9 months and didn't have 2 major additions to the arcade version before the console release. I don't see the gap between arcade and console getting shorter for ASW any time soon, especially now that some places in the US are getting arcade access (which implies to me that arcade is still growing into new markets, instead of staying JP only forever).

2 hours ago, MLSTRM said:

Well if the interview with Mori is anything to go by, this will be the last BB game so there won't be many more matchups incoming.

Is the end of Ragna's story arc not the end of BB. I doubt ASW wants to kill their most popular and profitable franchise, even if sales decline compared to the console release of CP, is going to do better than Revelator, they need the money BB does in arcades and merchandising.

They were throwing ideas around about making a new FG, if they are on it already, this could give BB a break though.

So Es is gonna be another intentional designed 'easy' character? What are the current list of 'easy' characters. Not legitimately 'easy' but designed to be 'easy'.

- Ragna

- Jin

- Celica 

- Naoto

- and now Es last I checked

2 hours ago, Calamitus said:

I could actually see Mai as a legitimate possibility (otherwise why include the Remix Heart Gaiden in Chrono Phantasma Extend and I have a hard time believing she wouldn't be chosen as an Entitled).

2 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

If its anything like how Nine and Celica got hit by Amane's Astral (as their XBlaze: Lost Memories forms), she'll probably turn into the character "Nobody". Though for Relius, that'll probably be a surprise, but I have a hunch it might be her in an incubation tube, because, XBlaze: Code Embryo kinda had that, but who knows.

I agree on Nobody. It would be especially fitting if this is post-LM Es since that would make Nobody a true past form for her. Relius's being an incubation tube makes a lot of sense because we saw her in one in Lost: Memories when she first woke up (won't link to the image because it's NSFW but you can find it on the wiki).

As for Jubei and Trinity, we do actually have some hints now. While having an arcade portrait is not enough on its own (Kokonoe had one in Continuum Shift), the fact that Jin materializes her with her own body makes playability highly likely since she can no longer piggyback on Platinum for plot-relevant fights. The Jubei tease in Rachel's Act 3 could also mean he will finally get off his ass (I don't care about hitbox issues Mori, just slap him in his armor from the Dark War to make him taller and call it a day). My guess is that Jubei will be a DLC character so Mori can troll us one last time like with Kokonoe in CP. If CF continues to follow CP's trend (they both had four new characters in the Arcade release) then in addition to Es we should get a DLC character that is available for free on day one and a DLC character that comes out shortly after. That could be these two or Mori could surprise us and have more characters (Raquel has to get involved somehow, although possibly not playable).

29 minutes ago, Number 13 said:

So Es is gonna be another intentional designed 'easy' character? What are the current list of 'easy' characters. Not legitimately 'easy' but designed to be 'easy'.

- Ragna

- Jin

- Celica 

- Naoto

- and now Es last I checked

Terumi. He was intentionally designed for people not accustomed to fighting games, what with having a low set of specials and doing big-boy damage with his Distortion Drives (which is actively encouraged) that he builds meter for insanely fast off of his Drive normals.

Now, "easy to use" does not mean "easy to win with". There's a difference. Naoto for instance has pull quite a bit of weight around to earn his wins, even though he's pretty darn simple to work with.

1 hour ago, Angry Guy of DE said:

Fall is a little sad to hear...Of course by then I'll probably have a PS4 so I guess just be patient and wait on updates.

It's not so bad. September / October isn't that far away. My only concern is the localization times. I most certainly did not appreciate waiting 6 months for vanilla CP which, among it's many grammatical errors and misinformation, was lacking the Library mode. Hopefully this doesn't happen this time since CF is supposed to be the grand finale for one character at least.

3 hours ago, Calamitus said:

You're missing Linhua.

Also I don't think it's that bad for pro players. Smash has over 50 characters but only the top twenty or so actually go to tournaments consistently enough. A pro player doesn't necessarily need to learn the match-ups of every character, just the ones that are most likely to appear in a tournament. If Es (is this a real name?) is bad, she may be so unrepresented that there's no need to learn her match-up. But the cool part about this is that you can use a fringe character and go pretty far in tournaments because people don't understand the match-up. That's probably why I love fighting games honestly.

7 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

It's not so bad. September / October isn't that far away. My only concern is the localization times. I most certainly did not appreciate waiting 6 months for vanilla CP which, among it's many grammatical errors and misinformation, was lacking the Library mode. Hopefully this doesn't happen this time since CF is supposed to be the grand finale for one character at least.

I found this a bit strange. Guilty Gear XRD was localized pretty quick compared to the Blazblue titles. I hope this one has a quicker localization. I've been skimping on the story quite a bit and I kind of want to know how everything ends. But I guess that's what Youtube is for.

1 minute ago, AchedSphinx said:

Es (is this a real name?)

It's not a real name, it's only what she is being called since she was never given a name, and there is no reason to give her one by now since everyone have been calling her that for a long time before they learned what it stood for.

Es stands for Embryo Storage, a kind of artificial human being that she is.

1 minute ago, Zedar90 said:

It's not a real name, it's only what she is being called since she was never given a name, and there is no reason to give her one by now since everyone have been calling her that for a long time before they learned what it stood for.

I had a feeling it was an acronym or a nickname of some sort. Two letter names aren't exactly common. Now I must ponder how its pronounced.

Wow, this is pretty awesome. It'd be nice to hear more about a PC release (though that'd probably be at least half a year after the Extend release)...

8 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Isn't it still technically her name because Unomaru gave it to her based on the acronym? Wouldn't him saying "I'll call you Es" be the equivalent of naming her?

5 minutes ago, AchedSphinx said:

I had a feeling it was an acronym or a nickname of some sort. Two letter names aren't exactly common. Now I must ponder how its pronounced.

It's pronounced exactly like how you say the letter "S."

12 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Would it be possible that it is also inspired by the German word "es" which is the equivalent to the English word "it"? I think it would be fitting.

12 minutes ago, AchedSphinx said:

I found this a bit strange. Guilty Gear XRD was localized pretty quick compared to the Blazblue titles. I hope this one has a quicker localization. I've been skimping on the story quite a bit and I kind of want to know how everything ends. But I guess that's what Youtube is for.

I dunno comrade. ASW games localization windows are totally...random sometimes. One game can be localized within a month. Then the next instalment comes in half a year later. Then the next one in 2 months. It's like they're playing "spin the wheel" to decide it and nobody from the players was invited. I mean, I do understand that the Japanese will always be the ones to get the game first. That's just simple fact and I do not chide ASW for that. But it would be nice if we could keep the waiting time to a month or 2 only.

14 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Isn't it still technically her name because Unomaru gave it to her based on the acronym? Wouldn't him saying "I'll call you Es" be the equivalent of naming her?

It's pronounced exactly like how you say the letter "S."

Hard to say, it's not like I think Unomaru gave it any deep thoughts due to how he treats her. He doesn't see her as a person. He only called her something like she was. It's not like my computer's name would be computer just because I call it that.

But eh, it's not like it matters that much. Everyone calls her Es, that is enough.

1 minute ago, Luminos564 said:

I dunno comrade. ASW games localization windows are totally...random sometimes. One game can be localized within a month. Then the next instalment comes in half a year later. Then the next one in 2 months. It's like they're playing "spin the wheel" to decide it and nobody from the players was invited. I mean, I do understand that the Japanese will always be the ones to get the game first. That's just simple fact and I do not chide ASW for that. But it would be nice if we could keep the waiting time to a month or 2 only.

I think part of it is the amount of content. Chrono Phantasma took like five months because the story was incredibly long and required a lot of time to dub (and Aksys doesn't seem to have picked up on the whole, let the localizers start working before the Japanese release, thing). On the other hand, Lost: Memories had a quick turnover because they didn't need to dub it and Chrono Phantasma Extend was similar because they had already translated most of it, they just had to add in and dub the additional content. I hope that Central Fiction can go faster than vanilla CP but I think I'll most likely have to go radio silent on everything BlazBlue to spoiler dodge for several months so I can play the story myself.

5 minutes ago, Zedar90 said:

Hard to say, it's not like I think Unomaru gave it any deep thoughts due to how he treats her. He doesn't see here as a person. He only called her something like she was. It's not like my computer's name would be computer just because I call it that.

But eh, it's not like it matters that much. Everyone calls her Es, that is enough.

I think the fact that Es, unlike a computer, has enough self-identification to refer to herself as Es (at first she says "you may call me Es" but after developing emotions she changes to "my name is Es") would make it count as her name since she sees it as such, regardless of its origins. I know this isn't that important, but I think her being Es and considering herself as Es is more important than just "everyone calls her Es" especially when you compare her to say Ripper (he changes his name to Freaks essentially because "hey why not, you guys gave me that code name, might as well use it).

5 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

I could actually see Mai as a legitimate possibility (otherwise why include the Remix Heart Gaiden in Chrono Phantasma Extend and I have a hard time believing she wouldn't be chosen as an Entitled).

Hm, I don't think that Mori will make two protagonist girls with swords playable at the same time. Plus she has almost nothing to do in Ragna's arc ending besides running after Noel. I thought they will save her for BB5, since she does not look like a filler character (Hibiki). I will gladly accept her if they will bring Seifer as well. 

20 minutes ago, AchedSphinx said:

Also I don't think it's that bad for pro players. Smash has over 50 characters but only the top twenty or so actually go to tournaments consistently enough. A pro player doesn't necessarily need to learn the match-ups of every character, just the ones that are most likely to appear in a tournament. If Es (is this a real name?) is bad, she may be so unrepresented that there's no need to learn her match-up. But the cool part about this is that you can use a fringe character and go pretty far in tournaments because people don't understand the match-up. That's probably why I love fighting games honestly.

I watched BB tournament stream some weeks ago where Fame destroyed people with CPEX Terumi who is arguably the worst character in the game. They did not know the match-up.  Pro players simply can't avoid learning specific character nuances if they want to call themselves "pro players" and be successful at tournaments.

6 hours ago, Zedar90 said:

From a Japanese thread.

Game modes: Arcade, Vs, Grim of Abyss, Score Attack, Speed Star, Network.
Es will have an arcade story.
The story mode will center on Ragna and it will only be one.

Opening theme: TRUE-BLUE, Kotoko.
Ending theme: BLAZBLUE~Hikari no Mukou he~, Faylan.

YUOVeIO.jpg

So basically Ragna is the main point of the story mode and only one? So Ragna is the only playable character or are there more?