kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

16 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

I think part of it is the amount of content. Chrono Phantasma took like five months because the story was incredibly long and required a lot of time to dub (and Aksys doesn't seem to have picked up on the whole, let the localizers start working before the Japanese release, thing). On the other hand, Lost: Memories had a quick turnover because they didn't need to dub it and Chrono Phantasma Extend was similar because they had already translated most of it, they just had to add in and dub the additional content. I hope that Central Fiction can go faster than vanilla CP but I think I'll most likely have to go radio silent on everything BlazBlue to spoiler dodge for several months so I can play the story myself.

Correct me if I am wrong (CP was a while ago and I drank myself stupid since so my memory might be failing) but wasn't vanilla CP the first time ASW localized their game for the West on their own? Or rather, they hired someone other than Aksys to localize their game and the end result spoke for itself. I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'd import it personally but I am not even remotely able to read Japanese and I doubt I can learn enough of it in what 5 months to follow everything. Also money but that's always an issue with importing.

9 minutes ago, Toxin45 said:

So basically Ragna is the main point of the story mode and only one? So Ragna is the only playable character or are there more?

It sounds like it will be like the chronophantasma story of CP, but with sector seven and six heroes removed.

A LONG straight story centered around Ragna. It have just been announced, it's not like all of the details is known. And it's not sure that only Ragna will be playable.
However, it will not be like CT and CS with several stories and each story having two or more routes.
There will however be gag reels, those haven't been removed.

Meanwhile, the lack of a PC release announcement just nuked my chances of selling my PS3. Thanks Arc Sys,

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

Meanwhile, the lack of a PC release announcement just nuked my chances of selling my PS3. Thanks Arc Sys,

Arc Sys doesn't release their games on PC.  They outsource that to another outfit.  Hopefully ever increasing sales are teaching them it's a good idea, but it's not really something they are likely to "announce" IMHO.

1 hour ago, Zedar90 said:

It sounds like it will be like the chronophantasma story of CP, but with sector seven and six heroes removed.

A LONG straight story centered around Ragna. It have just been announced, it's not like all of the details is known. And it's not sure that only Ragna will be playable.
However, it will not be like CT and CS with several stories and each story having two or more routes.

Honestly, who could live without those funny gag reels? Many of them are really funny. I wonder if crazy cosplayer Litchi will attack again...

1 hour ago, Luminos564 said:

Correct me if I am wrong (CP was a while ago and I drank myself stupid since so my memory might be failing) but wasn't vanilla CP the first time ASW localized their game for the West on their own? Or rather, they hired someone other than Aksys to localize their game and the end result spoke for itself. I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'd import it personally but I am not even remotely able to read Japanese and I doubt I can learn enough of it in what 5 months to follow everything. Also money but that's always an issue with importing.

I'm not sure on the details of what the change was (at the very least Wikipedia still says Aksys localized all the games) but I'm pretty sure the first game post change was Continuum Shift Extend (that was when we had some voice actor changes). That took three months. Chrono Phantasma Extend took two months. Vanilla CP took five months and had significantly more content to translate. It's possible they've improved since then but we have no good frame of references, especially since CF's story is supposed to be 1.3 times longer than the already long CP. I refuse to import, since I need to be able to understand the story fully. Oh well, I'll go find a rock to live under when it's released.

1 hour ago, Zedar90 said:

There is WAY too much that needs to happen in CF and way too many plots focused on other character that need to be concluded for only Ragna to be playable. Even CP was still mostly focused on Ragna so it will probably be like that.

5 hours ago, Calamitus said:

I feel sorry for pro players though. They have even more match-ups to learn.

Pro players have had to do this since CT.  And have had to do it with every new release for any fighting game including a new character ever.  Somehow, I think they'll manage.

33 minutes ago, Airk said:

Arc Sys doesn't release their games on PC.  They outsource that to another outfit.  Hopefully ever increasing sales are teaching them it's a good idea, but it's not really something they are likely to "announce" IMHO.

I know they don't, it's just the CS Extend flashbacks kicking in. I should be fine in a year... Or 2... Oh God.

37 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

There is WAY too much that needs to happen in CF and way too many plots focused on other character that need to be concluded for only Ragna to be playable. Even CP was still mostly focused on Ragna so it will probably be like that.

That's just the flaw with narrative structure like this. You have so many characters it becomes impossible to tie everything up nicely. To top it off, there's even space, time, and multiverse plot elements in this game, which makes it even more funky. They could have fixed some of this by killing characters off, but Nu and Lambda are the only characters I recall biting the bullet. And those deaths were temporary.

Last I checked, anything post CSE was handled, IIRC, from Strangely Compelling, they also did Localization work for GG Xrd if what its mentioned on their site.

39 minutes ago, Airk said:

Arc Sys doesn't release their games on PC. They outsource that to another outfit. Hopefully ever increasing sales are teaching them it's a good idea, but it's not really something they are likely to "announce" IMHO.

Yes, they have, recently, self-pubished titles like Xrd and Battle Fantasia, and the upcoming Melty and UNIEL releases. Although, yeah, all BB steam releases are handled by H2 Interactive.

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

I know they don't, it's just the CS Extend flashbacks kicking in. I should be fine in a year... Or 2... Oh God.

It can be a while, trust me. >.>

8 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Well, there goes hoping for Jubei as console DLC...

Considering the usual Arcsys model of preorder character + post-release DLC character, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Last I checked, anything post CSE was handled, IIRC, from Strangely Compelling, they also did Localization work for GG Xrd if what its mentioned on their site.

39 minutes ago, Airk said:

Arc Sys doesn't release their games on PC. They outsource that to another outfit. Hopefully ever increasing sales are teaching them it's a good idea, but it's not really something they are likely to "announce" IMHO.

Yes, they have, recently, self-pubished titles like Xrd and Battle Fantasia, and the upcoming Melty and UNIEL releases. Although, yeah, all BB steam releases are handled by H2 Interactive.

It can be a while, trust me. >.>

Just now, SoWL said:

Considering the usual Arcsys model of preorder character + post-release DLC character, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

And add Extend, which became a tradition since CS

Yeah I feel like there is gonna be a Cf extend just waiting to happen I predict Jubei would be the last character in Cf extend. Not sure about the two console exclsive characters though with the exception of Es I predict Touya and Trinity the former would be pre order exclusive and post launch dlc character.

Pretty nice!! I expect two more chars for console, last time we had Terumi, Kagura and Kokonuts :3. Probably Mai (since Remix Heart is the only spin-off left that doesn't have a representant is the cast) and some other character. Jubei is gonna be held until Extend lol

49 minutes ago, SoWL said:

To be fair, I fully expect to go out of their way to put anyone except Jubei tbh.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok_F4 said:

Pretty nice!! I expect two more chars for console, last time we had Terumi, Kagura and Kokonuts :3. Probably Mai (since Remix Heart is the only spin-off left that doesn't have a representant is the cast) and some other character. Jubei is gonna be held until Extend lol

Yeah no I don't think america would like her I bet Trinity and Touya with the later being the Terumi and the former being like kokonoe jubei would be in extend.

1 hour ago, werewolfgold said:

The ArcSys Jubei disrespect is real. lol

If they're crazy enough to not pull a "Kokonoe" on Jubei's release, it will be Blazblue's greatest failure as a franchise. Jubei's been hyped up as the strongest thing alive since CT, and yet the only fights he got in pre CF were with Phantom (Not even full-power Nine) and he got straight up bodied in both to the point people actually wondered if he was alive in CF.

Not even Terumi trolls that hard.

If they're crazy enough to not pull a "Kokonoe" on Jubei's release, it will be Blazblue's greatest failure as a franchise.

What do you mean with that?

By the way, many times during CP to Extend, I've heard that it was actually impossible to have Jubei in-game since he is really short, but I highly doubt that since I don't think he is shorter than Carl (they seem to have the same height) and unless they change Tao Astral Finish ending (where Jubei "saves" the victim from her) it is completely impossible to him becoming playable, in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

What do you mean with that?

By the way, many times during CP to Extend, I've heard that it was actually impossible to have Jubei in-game since he is really short, but I highly doubt that since I don't think he is shorter than Carl (they seem to have the same height) and unless they change Tao Astral Finish ending (where Jubei "saves" the victim from her) it is completely impossible to him becoming playable, in my opinion.

That argument is moot since Es is now playable and she's one of the smallest characters in XBlaze.

12 hours ago, Zedar90 said:

From a Japanese thread.

Game modes: Arcade, Vs, Grim of Abyss, Score Attack, Speed Star, Network.
Es will have an arcade story.
The story mode will center on Ragna and it will only be one.

Opening theme: TRUE-BLUE, Kotoko.
Ending theme: BLAZBLUE~Hikari no Mukou he~, Faylan.

YUOVeIO.jpg

Now to keep things remotely on-topic... That aerial on the bottom-right of the image. Dang, that looks better than Hibiki's j.C. Seriously, thing looks like Marth's D-Air from Smash. What a cross-up hitbox.

In appearence, she seems to be a Kagura quicker, who (probably) don't have charge moves, but with less damage. I may be wrong, but it is what seems to me as a first glance.

26 minutes ago, Volt said:

Not even Terumi trolls that hard.

No. But Mori does.

3 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

In appearence, she seems to be a Kagura quicker, who (probably) don't have charge moves, but with less damage. I may be wrong, but it is what seems to me as a first glance.

Well hard to tell from still images, but so far we know she has:

-That aerial arc-sword swing.
-Blade beam projectile (looks like it travels low).
-And what seems to be an elaborate anti-air/DP akin to Nine's Mauvete Roar.

And that's just from the previews yeah? We're supposed to get the actual released article this week? Perhaps that will tell us more.

Yeah, a projectile that travels at least half-screen, and is either fast or Es has some stupid levels of recovery. (Projectile was at half-screen and Es was still in the middle of an animation)

A somewhat elaborate-looking DP.

Her only known normal is a good looking aerial that covers a massive space below her.

Looks like she's a shoto, but Mori said she's designed to be easy to use, so that throws a wrench in my theory.