kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Japan will always have the latest versions of FGs, the Arcade scene is nowhere near as huge in the US so there's no profit in localizing faster.

Fact is, we are a very niche audience whether we like it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Translated some stuff, its on my twitter.

About to board so I rushed it but for now that'll do

Much better than mine, thank you.

For the benefit of the lazy here's the Naoto stuff

-Naoto is a simple character to pick up

-His drive has long range but can be charged for longer range

-His attacks get new properties when you do them from a dash.

Japan will always have the latest versions of FGs, the Arcade scene is nowhere near as huge in the US so there's no profit in localizing faster.

Fact is, we are a very niche audience whether we like it or not.

This is the truth, but I can't help but wish we had a bit more of a Western presence.  I guess that given just how Japanese Arcsys games are that's easier said than done though, at least without potentially at the cost of what makes the games what they are.  

I wonder how Active Flow will relate to the guard crush mechanic. It has changed in every version so far. CT had Guard Libra. CS had Guard Primers. CP has Crush Triggers. I hope they will continue the trend and implement a new guard crush system with Active Flow. I personally liked Guard Primers in CS as a pressure-based guard crush system, so I hope we'll see something like that with Active Flow.

CS: Maintain pressure and break enough guard primers > GUARD CRUSH

CF: Maintain pressure and build your Active Flow meter > GUARD CRUSH into big damage?

Much better than mine, thank you.

For the benefit of the lazy here's the Naoto stuff

-Naoto is a simple character to pick up

-His drive has long range but can be charged for longer range

-His attacks get new properties when you do them from a dash.

This is the truth, but I can't help but wish we had a bit more of a Western presence. I guess that given just how Japanese Arcsys games are that's easier said than done though, at least without potentially at the cost of what makes the games what they are.

Hey, just satisfied we actually get it over here. I understand we as consumers are naturally entitled, but I think some people should count their blessings.

Things I noticed from the character select screen:

-They can fit A LOT more characters on this screen. Like enough to take the game's playable cast to 42 or more. They probably won't use all that space though.

-No random select... so they must have either gone the P4U2 2.0 route of "Press Start Button for Random Select" or back to using the timer as random select as in CT and CS.

-"Button Settings" in arcade is an interesting choice. Probably there for the cabs that have pads, I know they were loketesting those with BBCP earlier this year.

Hey, just satisfied we actually get it over here. I understand we as consumers are naturally entitled, but I think some people should count their blessings.

Yeah, I feel you, although importing is always an option if all else fails.  Especially considering the 6 month wait between CP JP and US.

Things I notices from the character select screen:

-They can fit A LOT more characters on this screen. Like enough to take the game's playable cast to 42 or more. They probably won't use all that space though.

-No random select... so they must have gone the P4U2 2.0 route of "Press Start Button for Random Select"

-"Button Settings" in arcade is an interesting choice. Probably there for the cabs that have pads, I know they were loketesting those with BBCP earlier this year.

Well..http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/28/the-next-blazblue-may-have-tag-battles-creator-wants-siliconera-readers-feedback/

Based on this interview it's certainly feasible for them to crank up the head count.  And yeah, I remember they were testing...I think the Hori controllers for cabs?  I know USF4 was doing it too.

Primers were whack, though.

Not when your character has a move that is +5 on block and breaks a guard primer. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

Hibiki stuff I snatched from greatfernman's twitter. Thanks for translating when you were so pressed for time BTW!

• Hibiki is a technical, tricky, bunshin (clones) using character His drive is Double Chance: Sends a bunshin forward, and depending on lever direction, he can also leave a bunshin and send his real body forward
  • He also has a special that puts him in the air, where he then has multiple follow-ups, including a projectile (some parts I don't get)

Hibiki stuff I snatched from greatfernman's twitter. Thanks for translating when you were so pressed for time BTW!

• Hibiki is a technical, tricky, bunshin (clones) using character His drive is Double Chance: Sends a bunshin forward, and depending on lever direction, he can also leave a bunshin and send his real body forward
  • He also has a special that puts him in the air, where he then has multiple follow-ups, including a projectile (some parts I don't get)
Besides the makoto reference, he's sounding similar to chizuru from KOF. You can attack... You might hit. But it might be a clone!?

i don't even know how KI works but i don't see it getting one third of the hate Arc's business model does.

Doesn't get 1/3rd the hate because it doesn't have 1/3rd the players. :P  Being Xbox One only hurts a lot.

Anyway, Arc has problems, yes.  Most of them are not especially new.  Some of them ARE easy to fix - like, get your damn localizations done in time to get your games into Evo the year they come out instead of the year after, when there's already a new version on the horizon. 

These are not insurmountable problems.  But they need to work on it, and so far they're not.

Besides the makoto reference, he's sounding similar to chizuru from KOF. You can attack... You might hit. But it might be a clone!?

It's definitely a very interesting mechanic, one that has me very intrigued. I'm looking forward to hearing more details about it including how soon you can act when the real you stays behind or gets sent forward.

I hereby forbid all complaining discussion about the release schedule.

This is about the GAME, not about business practices. Let's not clutter the thread with bullshit when people are checking for news.

Man this is a first: the character select screen looks packed. And yet, there's still enough space to squeeze in more characters.

On the subject of Active Flow, I feel that description is a bit vague. Playing "actively/offensively" could be literally anything in this case. Is it pressure/block strings? Combo count? Counter-hits? Not doing a backdash? I had the thought that maybe, Active Flow could reward the aggressive player with damage buffs on moves (sorta like the Gem system from Street FighterxTekken where if you complete certain actions you get the Gem's benefit). Alternatively, I also toyed with the thought that perhaps if the match has one aggressive player while the other one is too defensive, the aggressive player can force Negative Penalty on the other (though that one might make Valkenhayn or any character that has pressure for days a little too scary).

Regardless, I would love to know the full details. Leave it to ASW to figure out a way to implement more mechanics for the players to explore.

So basically, Active Flow is the opposite of Negative Penalty? This does start sounding like UNI, alright. Hope it won't make the game too snowball-y.

I feel like people complaining about CF likely get super mad when they watch a movie and know a sequel is in the works.

The character select screen looks pretty big now, its not KoF2002 UM but its good to see how every chapter CT, CS , CP, CF have added new characters and filled up what was regarded as a meager roster.

Damn, all these people completely ignoring Mac's warning lol.  Is this the forum version of disrespecting someone's pressure by mashing 2A out of their blockstring?

So basically, Active Flow is the opposite of Negative Penalty? This does start sounding like UNI, alright. Hope it won't make the game too snowball-y.

I know people were saying "omg uniel" as soon as they saw Naoto, but with his drive and chargable attacks and dash moves he certainly brings some of FB's games to mind.

Damn, all these people completely ignoring Mac's warning lol. Is this the forum version of disrespecting someone's pressure by mashing 2A out of their blockstring?

It's a frame trap. They get hit with an unreactable 14f infraction.

hmmm, you think so? I kind of felt like this was a move to make it closer to GG since it also actively rewards you for being offensive in general. Guess we need more details though. Personally, I'm not too fond of the idea but I'll wait to hear more about it.

I wonder if active flow helps you build your burst back faster than normal.  In CP you always built burst back faster if you were getting hit so maybe this changes it up so the aggressive person can have OD available to prevent an upcoming burst.

I hope it isn't anything like Aquapazza's mood system where there were three(?) states you could be at:

Normal : Normal is normal.

Heat up: I know at least supers dealt more damage, like a lot.

Sad: You are close to getting guard crushed.

hmmm, you think so? I kind of felt like this was a move to make it closer to GG since it also actively rewards you for being offensive in general. Guess we need more details though. Personally, I'm not too fond of the idea but I'll wait to hear more about it.

BB already rewards offensive play with chip damage and corner carry. You also gain more meter when going on the offensive compared to being on the defensive. (Unless you IB every single hit, I guess.)

I think this new system is a welcome addition to BlazBlue because it actually gives more reasons to rushdown and encourages a more offensive-oriented gameplan. This works because BlazBlue has too many defensive options already, so in the end it will balance things out.

But unless we know how exactly it works in the actual game, it will be hard to say how it affects the gameplay and characters.