kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

There was a release window announced, but have they come around to telling us an exact day yet? I really don't want Revelator, but I really want an Arksys fighter >_>...

5 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I'm sorry, if I am late for this Jubei playable discussion, but only to let my opinion here, I want to say this:

1 - If I recall, he is the only character whose Nox we know less about and the only Nox user who isn't playable (IF you mention Take-Mikazuchi, you can consider Nine and Izanami). For me, it makes no sense have a important weapon in the lore which we don't know that many abilities, unlike Hakumen, Jin, Noel... I do want him in because of that and, depending on his gameplay, to play with him.

2 - About being short. *sigh* Really? Zouf showed us a size from a character that is small. If you complain about this showed game not being that famous (honestly I don't recall that game, sorry), pick up Soul Calibur IV, where it has Yoda, which is freaking small in-game too. It can be a pain to hit such characters, but not impossible (at least in BB isn't that impossible with those hitboxes/hurtboxes) and you can balance it putting a low amount of HP.

3 - We don't know anything about any more characters in console now. So, there is no need to continue complaining a lot about his lack in the game. IF the game were already released in console, wtih all DLCs announced and no Jubei, it is fine to complain about it, and, probably, necessary.

New account but I've been lurking here since early 2012. Just wanted to say that people hated fighting Yoda in Soul Calibur and that health is almost never a good way to balance a character. Low health didn't balance Akuma, Melee Fox, MVC3 Phoenix, or even characters like Carl or Valkenhayn so I'm don't think using low health really helps your case. 

3 minutes ago, ThatHiroGuy said:

There was a release window announced, but have they come around to telling us an exact day yet? I really don't want Revelator, but I really want an Arksys fighter >_>...

Wrong topic Hiro, this is for CF, lol. XD

17 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Wrong topic Hiro, this is for CF, lol. XD

Nooo no. This is the right thread. I WANT CF instead of Revelator, but I'm not so sure I can take the wait all the way to CF... Well, not with just SFV to tide me over.

1 hour ago, BB2012 said:

New account but I've been lurking here since early 2012. Just wanted to say that people hated fighting Yoda in Soul Calibur and that health is almost never a good way to balance a character. Low health didn't balance Akuma, Melee Fox, MVC3 Phoenix, or even characters like Carl or Valkenhayn so I'm don't think using low health really helps your case. 

Oh, good to know about that hate, but moving on. True those many characters that you mention, except Melee Fox, because Smash has a different system of HP that is equal, are OP, but doesn't their low HP restrain them to not go that risky? Like, YOLO?! Yeah, some of these examples can simply just play in zoning, if that's their case, but once you get them in a combo and they can't escape it, makes easier to kill someone. I have UMvC3 and whenever I face an Akuma or even a Phoenix, which has the lowest HP, their "overpower" just fade away quickly once you combo them out. It isn't easy too, but they can be quickly defeated right?

1 hour ago, ThatHiroGuy said:

Nooo no. This is the right thread. I WANT CF instead of Revelator, but I'm not so sure I can take the wait all the way to CF... Well, not with just SFV to tide me over.

Ooooh, the way you worded it, I thought otherwise, lol. X3

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Oh, good to know about that hate, but moving on. True those many characters that you mention, except Melee Fox, because Smash has a different system of HP that is equal, are OP, but doesn't their low HP restrain them to not go that risky? Like, YOLO?! Yeah, some of these examples can simply just play in zoning, if that's their case, but once you get them in a combo and they can't escape it, makes easier to kill someone. I have UMvC3 and whenever I face an Akuma or even a Phoenix, which has the lowest HP, their "overpower" just fade away quickly once you combo them out. It isn't easy too, but they can be quickly defeated right?

I was referring to Akuma in the street fighter series where air angled fireballs among other tools allow him to control the pace of the match. As for those two in umvc3, they are actually mid tier characters in that game. Phoenix lost a lot of her game breaking tools and universal mechanics were added to aid players in fighting Phoenix to point she's barely viable in the hands of her best players. In umvc3, it's vergil and zero who have low health but stomp others into submission. For Fox, he's a lightweight fastfaller which means he gets comboed more easily than most characters and dies at earlier percents. However his speed, combos, zoning, and raw power mean that most characters are forced to fight on his terms. 

Once again, just make Jubei bigger.  It can be like Nu's transformation sequence at the beginning of a fight.  Her portrait doesn't match her battle sprite, so why not Jubei?   Really now, who doen't want this?

latest?cb=20151210183242

A big, bulging, veined, Jubei.  Hey, we have fan-artists on this forum, right?  Let's get one of them to do a mock up of "Correct Size Jubei."  We can sign it on behalf of DustLoop and send it to ArcSys.  Problem solved.

I always thought that they could make Jubei taller by making him stand on his sword or tail like a pogo stick :o

5 hours ago, KokoPuff said:

Where you guys usually import it from? I know YesAsia only 

Amiami is a great place, plenty of people use Play-Asia too. I guess all depends on who much do you want to pay for shipping. Personally I always use Amiami, they are very good with packing and they have good discounts, Play-Asia no so much.

On 5/15/2016 at 10:00 PM, NeoStrayCat said:

Well, there's a topic in Zepp that someone was curious about, I just put my 2 cents in. At least they do good work on other non-ASW titles. (Examples: Phantom Breaker BG and Constant C), but ASW titles themselves are another story, also, they already did with Xrd Sign and Revelator, so...your mileage may vary.

Then I guess all I can do is hope for the best. I mean, while CF likely won't be the end of BlazBlue as a whole, it's still something of a grand finale for at least one character's arc. It'd kind of suck for this game to suffer the same treatment as vanilla CP. Oh man, dialogue errors everywhere

On 15/05/2016 at 1:41 AM, BB2012 said:

I was referring to Akuma in the street fighter series where air angled fireballs among other tools allow him to control the pace of the match. As for those two in umvc3, they are actually mid tier characters in that game. Phoenix lost a lot of her game breaking tools and universal mechanics were added to aid players in fighting Phoenix to point she's barely viable in the hands of her best players. In umvc3, it's vergil and zero who have low health but stomp others into submission. For Fox, he's a lightweight fastfaller which means he gets comboed more easily than most characters and dies at earlier percents. However his speed, combos, zoning, and raw power mean that most characters are forced to fight on his terms. 

Don't forget Fox's neutral and that Shine (Reflector) is basically a DP that can kill, combo in and out of itself, be jump-cancelled, and guard break. Oh yeah, it reflects projectiles too. People tend to forget about that.

But going back to BB, how about we talk about Terumi's new OverHEAD, Dog-Kicking Loops and Taunt Cancels into Counter Super (It still sucks though.) or even stomping super to make you feel bad about your life choices?

4 hours ago, Luminos564 said:

Then I guess all I can do is hope for the best. I mean, while CF likely won't be the end of BlazBlue as a whole, it's still something of a grand finale for at least one character's arc. It'd kind of suck for this game to suffer the same treatment as vanilla CP. Oh man, dialogue errors everywhere

Don't forget being too lazy to include Library Mode. Honestly I'm not sue if I'd prefer they get the game out as quickly as possible, errors be damned, or take the time to make sure everything is perfect but have to wait like 6+ months.

7 hours ago, Zouf said:

I'm kind of sick to be 1 year+ behind the arcade release of every new BB. 

This is getting really annoying.

Agreed. It's even worse when you factor in Arcsys flavor of the month fever. Hopefully they've got a really good post-release plan for the game. Make it a proper goodbye to Blazblue, ya know?

21 minutes ago, ThatHiroGuy said:

Agreed. It's even worse when you factor in Arcsys flavor of the month fever. Hopefully they've got a really good post-release plan for the game. Make it a proper goodbye to Blazblue, ya know?

BlazBlue is NOT ending! It is just the end of Ragna's story. Why can't people understand that?

32 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

BlazBlue is NOT ending! It is just the end of Ragna's story. Why can't people understand that?

It's not that I don't understand, and I can't speak for others. That being said, in my opinion, this whole, "It's just the end of x character's story" is a weightless statement. SE says it for Kingdom Hearts, and Arcsys says it for Blazblue, but it all means the same thing.

They're free to not follow through after CF/CF extend, explicitly because they said it's the end of Ragna's story. If they don't make a new Blazblue, you can't say they lied. Even if they made a new "Blazblue" following... not Ragna, who is your main character from our current cast (of whom we know literally everything about)? I refuse to believe any new Blazblue with a new main to follow would be anything but tangentially related, with an entirely new cast (also read as- not even remotely Blazblue). Until they come out and say something concrete about the future of the series, or what character they plan to follow next, it's just an easy answer to a complex question. That answer being, "We'll leave it open ended for continuation, but it's done until we feel like coming back to it."

Also worth note- CF is somewhat acceptable as a multi-platform release (PS3 support), especially with Persona 5 releasing on PS3 this year. CFEX is skirting that limit, being a potential 2017 release. There's no way in hell they're going to focus on Blazblue even more in 2018, when they could be working on a full next-gen IP in it's place.

11 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Don't forget being too lazy to include Library Mode. Honestly I'm not sue if I'd prefer they get the game out as quickly as possible, errors be damned, or take the time to make sure everything is perfect but have to wait like 6+ months.

8 hours ago, Zouf said:

I'm kind of sick to be 1 year+ behind the arcade release of every new BB. 

This is getting really annoying.

Being a bottom-feeding filthy casual, I tend to value good game production (taking time to polish, double check the structure for bugs/glitches and so on). Rushing a game out ASAP with minimal quality control is just asking for a game experience to be soured. However, I also understand that people would like minimal waiting times between the Japanese and localized versions and not everyone has the option to import/double dip.

Ultimately, I'd say the issue lies with ASW and their planning. If you know you're going to release CF to the rest of the world eventually, why not plan accordingly and work on the Western release simultaneously with your home turf version? It doesn't have to be a simultaneous release, but keep the waiting time to a minimum. A month or so isn't that long a wait, but 6~9 is. 

30 minutes ago, ThatHiroGuy said:

Also worth note- CF is somewhat acceptable as a multi-platform release (PS3 support), especially with Persona 5 releasing on PS3 this year. CFEX is skirting that limit, being a potential 2017 release. There's no way in hell they're going to focus on Blazblue even more in 2018, when they could be working on a full next-gen IP in it's place.

That assumes CF Extend is even going to be a thing (though I agree it is likely). But as an example for a 2018 BB being a full on next-gen title, remember that Dark Souls 3 is also in the same boat, despite starting out on the last gen consoles. There's no rule stating that BB cannot make the transition to full on PS4 / X1 following CF. Especially if they're planning on a whole new chapter for the series.

9 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

There's no rule stating that BB cannot make the transition to full on PS4 / X1 following CF. Especially if they're planning on a whole new chapter for the series.

It's just speculation after all, and you're right that there's no right or wrong for the industry. There's definitely smart and dumb though, and I'd like to think they're aware of the situation. Smart would be to try and work on something new that can compete in the same space that Street Fighter V, KoF XIV, Tekken 7, and MKX are, instead of focusing on a brand that has been worn out, and has very little recognition (still). Especially true since they already have Guilty Gear to champion that spot for them right now.

I wasn't talking about Western release, I was talking about a console release.

By the time the game is out on PS3/4, the arcade version will most likely already get a rebalance patch. This is ridiculous.

I'm all for a 6 months arcade exclusive, because this is how the game centers get their money back from their investment, and ArcSys get gud money as well. But 1 year is too long, considering the lifespan of their games.

My vision for post-Ragna BlazBlue has always been "the Xrd treatment", meaning they'll cut the cast in half and make them 3D models + make for ex. Noel the new protagonist (or Naoto, dunno).

to continue the blazblue story they would need to cut down on the cast and power creep (story stuff). basically they need to reset everything which is normally done with a reboot. i'm not sure if asw is willing to risk a new next-gen IP so i could see the game getting the xrd treatment or something along those lines.

As long as BB keeps making money, they're not gonna end it.  Simple as that. And it's still making money.  All this "but...but... they could stop making it!" stuff is nonsense.  They COULD.  They could also decide that they want to fire their whole art department and have all graphics just be stick figures.  But they won't, because it would be dumb. :P

I agree that ASW has very poor planning regarding release dates, however.