kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

7 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

I almost got scared with that, sheesh. Anyway, I hope you're right, because 3 months for NA release, it is a little too far, no?

Chrono Phantasma was a 5 month wait, and had less story. Extend was a 6 month wait, and all they had to do was translate the extra stuff. So, i'm honestly surprised if it is December of this year, and not December 2017 just because (and then announce Central Fiction Extend the same day we get CF here).

Extend was not a 6 month wait; in both cases for the Extends there were only 2 month waits between Japanese console release and NA release.

1 minute ago, Tokkan said:

Extend was not a 6 month wait; in both cases for the Extends there were only 2 month waits between Japanese console release and NA release.

Was talking about Europe Extend, my apologies.

Oh, I understand, Zedar, sorry for my ignorance back then.

4 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Chrono Phantasma was a 5 month wait, and had less story. Extend was a 6 month wait, and all they had to do was translate the extra stuff. So, i'm honestly surprised if it is December of this year, and not December 2017 just because (and then announce Central Fiction Extend the same day we get CF here).

Wow, did it took that long? but wait, wasn't them creating Celica and Lambda to put them in CPEX?

5 minutes ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Oh, I understand, Zedar, sorry for my ignorance back then.

Wow, did it took that long? but wait, wasn't them creating Celica and Lambda to put them in CPEX?

I was off on the Extend part, but yeah, CP came out in October in Japan and March in America. There was a 2 month difference between Extend release in JP and US, them adding Celica and Lambda had nothing to do with those localization times whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok_F4 said:

My preorder is done :3 , nice find!

Personally I'm holding out for the inevitable Limited Edition.

Still it's good to get confirmation of an English release even if the odds of that not happening were almost zero.

57 minutes ago, Danaiden said:

Aksys confirmed at their panel at MomoCon that Central Fiction will release this winter in NA.

Playstation Blog US article: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/27/blazblue-central-fiction-launches-this-winter-on-ps4-ps3/

That's cool but it's still pretty vague. All we know is Fall for Japan and Winter for NA, which is a pretty broad range. Worst case scenario, Japan gets it in September and NA has to wait until February. Hopefully the Japanese release won't be until late Fall so the gap is smaller.

Does anyone know how long it was between the announcement of CP's console version and it's release date (for both English and Japanese), as well as how long it was between the Japanese and English announcements? The gap between announcement and release could help us guess when each version will be released and the gap between the two announcements might help determine when the localization starts. If they can set a date (or at least a range) only about a month after initial announcement, really hope it means they've already started localization (which would make the Japanese version having English battle voices more likely). Really we've reached a point in video games where the localization team should be handed the script to start translating it the second it is finalized.

Gotta wonder about Aksys not trying to explain the story though. It could be because as simple as it taking WAY too much time since it's so complicated, but it could mean they haven't gotten the script to let them explain it or, worst of all, they don't understand the plot themselves.

Don't know the announcements but 

BBT: November 19, 2008 JP, NA June 30, 2009, EU April 2, 2010

BBCS: November 20, 2009 JP, NA July 27, 2010 EU December 3, 2010

BBCP: November 21, 2012 JP, NA March 25 2014, Eu April 23, 2014

BBCF: (Proposed release date) Fall 2016 JP, Winter 2016-2017 NA, EU ???

Updated versions: BBCPE

JP April 23, 2015, NA June 30, 2015, EU October 29, 2015

13 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

Does anyone know how long it was between the announcement of CP's console version and it's release date (for both English and Japanese), as well as how long it was between the Japanese and English announcements?

Did some checking, note that I could be wrong since I only looked up blog posts and such.

JP: Announced on April the 18(with it's release date at the same time), released on October the 24th.
NA: Announced June the 11th(only that it would come out on in 2014), A March date announced in beginning of November(not the final one though), released on March 25th.

This is more or less the same situation as vanilla CP's release. BBCP was also originally announced as a Winter release for NA and we were all hopeful for a late december release. Then we heard murmurs from Aksys saying that they were hoping for an early Winter release but it wasn't looking like it was going to happen. Then the March release date started appearing on sites and we wrote it off as placeholder and then finally, it was announced that it was indeed the NA release, which ended up being 5 months after the JP Release

The moral of this long story I'm telling you right now is for the love of God, import JP BBCF. Trust me, I waited those 5 months for the NA release for BBCP. It wasn't fun ;.; Though to be fair, I used to go to locals every week back then so I still got to play CP anyway, lol.

27 minutes ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

This is more or less the same situation as vanilla CP's release. BBCP was also originally announced as a Winter release for NA and we were all hopeful for a late december release. Then we heard murmurs from Aksys saying that they were hoping for an early Winter release but it wasn't looking like it was going to happen. Then the March release date started appearing on sites and we wrote it off as placeholder and then finally, it was announced that it was indeed the NA release, which ended up being 5 months after the JP Release

The moral of this long story I'm telling you right now is for the love of God, import JP BBCF. Trust me, I waited those 5 months for the NA release for BBCP. It wasn't fun ;.; Though to be fair, I used to go to locals every week back then so I still got to play CP anyway, lol.

Yeah, this is pretty much the same situation and Aksys has been pretty consistent with the last few releases (Extends taking two months, Xrd taking less than two weeks). The only difference is that the Japanese announcement didn't include a specific release date this time. This gives me, probably unrealistic, hope that it will be released at the very end of Fall in early December (shortening the maximum wait time for the NA release to less than 4 months at the latest if it releases in March).

By the way, since I know nothing about Guilty Gear, how much story was there to dub in Xrd -Sign-? I'd imagine certainly less than CP (and halve the roster too) but if there was any substantial story, they must have started early to have a near simultaneous release. Is it a sign that they have improved on releasing their main titles as soon as possible or m I being overly optimistic?

Yeah, I'm not importing. While I do want to play it as soon as possible (and I was lucky enough to have a friend who did import CP so I could play early while I supplied the English release), I probably care more about the story than the fighting game itself. I'm not double dipping for something that I can't fully enjoy (and if they have another character unlocked by clearing Story Mode like Kagura in CP I wouldn't do it because of all the spoilers, and I refuse to unlock such a character with paid DLC).

31 minutes ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Word. If you care even the slightest about being competitive you will sadly want to import as Blaz still does not understand that JP is not the only place playing competitively. Granted, if story mode is your thing then I 100% understand waiting.

14 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

By the way, since I know nothing about Guilty Gear, how much story was there to dub in Xrd -Sign-? I'd imagine certainly less than CP (and halve the roster too) but if there was any substantial story, they must have started early to have a near simultaneous release. Is it a sign that they have improved on releasing their main titles as soon as possible or m I being overly optimistic?

The story mode was about 3 hours and 50 minutes, and it had 13 arcade stories(about 1 hour and 19 minutes, not every character have a story). It's a lot less then CP had.

3 hours ago, Naotomato said:

BBCF: (Proposed release date) Fall 2016 JP, Winter 2016-2017 NA, EU ???

It reliants on NA release but probably we (EU) will get the game on February/March 2017. Look how fast the CP release was. Needn't to worry in my opinion. Of course it often depends from company's inner poltics but after 2010 the "half year of waiting for Japanese game" in the Europe it's a rarely situation now. I forgot to add that it was half year after NA release so usually it was a long year from JP.

Speaking about potential gap if someone is participating in the tournaments: gameplay and mechanics aren't going to change that drastically much except that we will get several new characters who are needed to learn (Izanami seems to be little OP, nothing know about Es) but for a patient player isn't a problem. Btw. an idea to buy a JP version mainly for playing isn't stupid too -> if someone doesn't care about the story I would do that.

However gamers who are playing BB on PC will need to wait probably two years.

I doubt they would have said 2016 if the game was going to actually going to come out in 2017. It's likely going to be November or December.

10 minutes ago, werewolfgold said:

I doubt they would have said 2016 if the game was going to actually going to come out in 2017. It's likely going to be November or December.

They didn't actually say 2016 though. All it says is winter. Also, unlike with CP we didn't get a specific Japanese release date with the initial announcement, which could mean it will come out later in November, making 2016 flat out impossible for NA.

And of course we also have to consider the other side of a quicker release. Will they not dub it to try and get it out as quickly as possible? Personally I love the dub and would be furious without it. If the option is say a 1-2 month delay without a dub or 4-5 months with one, I will gladly wait the extra months for an actually complete product.

6 minutes ago, Ogiga99 said:

They didn't actually say 2016 though. All it says is winter.

wat

"Brace yourselves, brawlers! Aksys Games and Arc System Works proudly announce that BlazBlue: Central Fiction is coming to the PS4 and PS3 Winter 2016!"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/27/blazblue-central-fiction-launches-this-winter-on-ps4-ps3/