kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Is there any high quality pictures of Celica's new artwork anywhere? I must have it for avatar potential. 

Linking mAc's post about story discussion since people might not have seen it when he posted it 10 pages back.

Other than complete beginners, who the hell activates OD without having anything in mind? lol

Why wouldn't you? Have to experiment somehow. Especially if you're playing in arcades where training mode costs money and its options are limited. I can imagine there are a lot of people casually playing who want to take advantange of OD's ability to lock out bursts but they don't know the swag optimal combo off it.

In any case, the intention of the feature may be for people who don't know how to best make use of the OD but in general, it'll probably end up benefitting all characters who's ODs were only useful in very specific conditions if Exceed Accels are very easy to combo into.

Am I the only on that thinks that ASW is running out of ideas? Hibiki has the same swords as the characters in Shingeki no Kyojin.

You say that like there's not 10,000 anime references in ASW games already.

Besides the point, I look forward to coming home from EVO and seeing the news/info/translations from the test. It will be interesting for sure.

It seems although this is the 4th major entry, it's closer to it's predecessor system wise than any other of the new games at the time. We'll see how much the new stuff impacts the game...

I'm sorry, I just had to log in to tell you that if you ACCIDENTALLY press ALL FOUR BUTTONS AT ONCE you don't DESERVE anything nice, you need to actually get good

Holy shit what, I think players who are newer deserve some thought/design choices yes, but people who just bash all four buttons like some kind of monkey and then whine when they don't get anything by god man what on earth is this.

to me it's more like 'we didn't want to think of a way to make Rachel's OD actually good so just press 4 buttons please'

Why wouldn't you? Have to experiment somehow. Especially if you're playing in arcades where training mode costs money and its options are limited. I can imagine there are a lot of people casually playing who want to take advantange of OD's ability to lock out bursts but they don't know the swag optimal combo off it.

Dunno about the other characters, but Ragna's and Jin's OD combos are so versatile and easy to memorize you can virtually do a full combo off absolutely any confirm.

Casuals should learn then, and not get the hand-holding treatment.

I'm sorry, I just had to log in to tell you that if you ACCIDENTALLY press ALL FOUR BUTTONS AT ONCE you don't DESERVE anything nice, you need to actually get good

Holy shit what, I think players who are newer deserve some thought/design choices yes, but people who just bash all four buttons like some kind of monkey and then whine when they don't get anything by god man what on earth is this.

First, some people play on pad, where burst takes just one button. Second, GCOD made it so you get an OD in cases where you wouldn't expect it. And then there are all those times when you OD because you wanted to burst, but your opponent dropped the combo/went for a reset instead.

But hey, feel free to believe any other reason behind Exceed Accel, all I did was translate the leak :v:

Unfortunately, there are some people like DSP or LowTierGod. They won't play this game, but when they do, you can expect the mashing.

Other than complete beginners, who the hell activates OD without having anything in mind? lol

At least Izayoi gets stocks for Gain Art if I wanted a Burst but got Overdrive instead. :eng101:

You know what, I GCOD alot by accident, does that make me a beginner, hell no
If they would have given EA a different description then nobody would have complained how they did.
It would have just been "That one OD super that's used to finish combos in OD"
All it does it take you out of OD, It doesn't even use meter(afaik), It could be a good thing do do at round start to get the advantge, confirm into a small combo then ODc into stuff then EA.

All of you guys are busy bitching about ONE little comment made about and not looking at what it CAN be used for. Disgusting

I can't speak for everyone, but when I played on DS3 I used to accidentally hit triggers all the time because of how they are designed.  You need to train your fingers to not bump them because they're super sensitive.  In fact, do any DS3 players here know if they have a sensitivity setting or something?  And if so, would a TO even allow you to change it?

I can't speak for everyone, but when I played on DS3 I used to accidentally hit triggers all the time because of how they are designed.  You need to train your fingers to not bump them because they're super sensitive.  In fact, do any DS3 players here know if they have a sensitivity setting or something?  And if so, would a TO even allow you to change it?

When I used to play on pad(DS3), I used to hit L1 by accident alot to the point where I just un-mapped it

I used DS4 whenever I'm not using my fight stick (which is only when stuff gets serious.) Is that any different? Because I don't seem to have that problem with DS4, and I'm not aware of the major differences between the 2. 

Dunno about the other characters, but Ragna's and Jin's OD combos are so versatile and easy to memorize you can virtually do a full combo off absolutely any confirm.

Casuals should learn then, and not get the hand-holding treatment.

Well, yeah. Of course Ragna and Jin's OD combos are very versatile. Ragna is Ragna and Jin's OD by its nature opens up lots of combo possibilities without having to think too hard about it.

What I bolded and underlined Implies that the knowledge they have to learn is easily accessible to begin with. Perish. The. Thought. If the game itself taught you them, it would be a different story. But you have to find that knowledge on a site you never even knew existed or worse, you have to find that knowledge in some random evernote or pastebin that got tweeted out like months ago that you didn't even know existed by some guy you also didn't know exists, it's very understandable that people don't have and can't obtain that knowledge.

If the game itself taught you them, it would be a different story.

What the game usually teaches isnt as good as the things good players figure out eventually. Challenge Mode combos are one of these examples.

And is finding such knowledge this difficult? I think this forum proves it's not at all ;)

It's thanks to DustLoop that learning a game becomes easier and not everyone has to go through "some random evernote or pastebin" that got tweeted months ago, and thanks to that I could learn Jin and Kagura combos in 3 days.

It's a privilige to have a site like DL.

Well obviously a game can't teach you things like OS and such because those are discovered at various stages of the game's life.  Look at games like ST and Melee where people uncover things decades after release.  Deeper things like that IMO are also what separated intermediate players (that's me!) from advanced players.  You gotta learn the game itself before you can go beneath the surface.

I do it all the time. I am unsure if I am thinking about doing anything practical with it, but neutral OD can really mess with people unless they are smart.

If this Active Flow supposedly makes easier combos stronger then I am expecting the technical effect to be something along the lines of boosting character combo rate higher or to 100 maybe. Some characters would become immensely broken of this was done though haha.

Looking at them as free supers that do less raw and minimum damage than actual overdrives could be fine.

That said I'll hope they do not have much in the way of invul or be quick on start-up.

While this might not be a good example but...

Imagine Kagura's [4]1236 C super.  No actual invincibility but 2 frame start-up, around 2.2K raw, and is effectively safe on block.

Now imagine if everyone had a move like that but it only consumes the OD time when its active.  Sounds stupid to me.

If its just a simple finisher option to an OD combo that might only add 500-600 minimum damage scaling to the combo then that's fine since history has shown that people have learned to maximize confirms into OD like with Ragna to convert a 5B or 5C into 4K with corner carry with only having a second or two of OD available.

What the game usually teaches isnt as good as the things good players figure out eventually. Challenge Mode combos are one of these examples.

And is finding such knowledge this difficult? I think this forum proves it's not at all ;)

It's very hit and miss. You probably have a pretty positive opinion because the Ragna forum is probably easily one of/possibly the best character forums and wikis here on Dustloop. The people who work on it do a very good job. Other characters though, you look at their forum and they don't even have a video thread for the latest version and if they do, no one posts in it and their combo thread's OP is a barren wasteland or consisting of outdated stuff. Unfortunately, a character forum is only as good as the community for the character will put in work for it and a lot of the times, the best players don't want to bother. Rather just tweet out an evernote or pastebin. It's more convenient for them. ;.;

EDIT: Also, finding a site like Dustloop if you don't know it exists can be a challenge without extra assistance.

I've only ever played on DS3 and I can't say I have ever had that problem. I don't think there is a way to adjust the sensitivity other than opening up the controller and fiddling with it yourself.

I have accidentally clicked the Left and Right analog sticks though (R3 is where my burst is mapped). So there's that...

It's very hit and miss. You probably have a pretty positive opinion because the Ragna forum is probably easily one of/possibly the best character forums and wikis here on Dustloop. The people who work on it do a very good job. Other characters though, you look at their forum and they don't even have a video thread for the latest version and if they do, no one posts in it and their combo thread's OP is a barren wasteland or consisting of outdated stuff. Unfortunately, a character forum is only as good as the community for the character will put in work for it and a lot of the times, the best players don't want to bother. Rather just tweet out an evernote or pastebin. It's more convenient for them. ;.;

EDIT: Also, finding a site like Dustloop if you don't know it exists can be a challenge without extra assistance.

Nu's forum ain't the most "info filled place" tbh...

You're correct, some forums definitely need some updating. However just by typing "-X Character- combos" on Google gives plenty of results for here.

Buuuut I'm afraid we're a little off-topic here lol

In any case, has anyone figured out the exact buffs for Active Flow? I'm aware it gives a golden aura and the graphics around the OD icon shines in purple.

In any case, has anyone figured out the exact buffs for Active Flow? I'm aware it gives a golden aura and the graphics around the OD icon shines in purple.

The description we got a while back is all that's said about it in the article. Quite literally, it says "Your attack is boosted, and the burst gauge recovers faster." And there's the Exceed Accel boost mentioned under the screenshot.