kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

That SRK translation is so shoddy. Misspellings everywhere, it reads like Engrish.

But the info is good.

I really hope Arakune will get significant buff and become top tier again, cause its totally unfair when dumbass easy chars like Ragna are popular and widely played, winning without any effort, screw this

Its true :P

Thinking more about it. They're giving us more opportunities at big boy damage when damage wasn't ever really the issue with the game imo. Active Flow rewards you for staying on their ass with better Burst regen and damage buff. And at the same time the OD only supers are buffed within AF. Giving you incentive to use the Burst you regen'd while in AF. Pretty much it screaming USE ME NOW to you. With Overdrive Raid in CPEX and now this, for whatever reason they really want people to start using OD more often. For the hype? Damage? Yet they nerfed OD time a reasonable amount as well. Don't understand really

AF sounds similar to UNiBs vorpal on paper but Vorpal is usually gained when you stay within an advantageous situation opposed to your opponent. Just being on their ass isn't enough in many cases. The opponent shielding your offense can easily result in you losing Vorpal. Friend of mine mentioned IBing could be used to offset AF where you keep the advantage even on defense. Because god knows more people need to actually learn how to IB effectively. We'll see how the mechanic actually works in practice and what they'll do with it exactly. I wonder what you have to do to actually lose it though.. get bopped?

Yeah, I suspect that it only superficially resembles Vorpal in the same way OD was said to resemble X-Factor.

I really hope Arakune will get significant buff and become top tier again, cause its totally unfair when dumbass easy chars like Ragna are popular and widely played, winning without any effort, screw this

From what the JP BBS are saying, that new move shown in the teaser seems like a counter move or something, reacting to Litchi's attack.

But going back to Arakune, I just want him to be god awful without his curse, and become god tier when curse activates. A little in between CS and CP Arakune. I mean, they can't make him any weaker right? What are they going to do, nerf his j4B? Lol

Amane should have everything related to drills sped up.

More chip, gain drill meter faster, overheat faster, and recover from overheat faster.

And make his j.2B an overhead. Jesus. It LOOKS like an overhead. It ACTS like an overhead. Yet it isn't one.

Also that character select theme is really hype. Maybe i'll have music on for a BB game finally :v:

I agree... Amane really needs j.2B overhead.

Anyway I'd really appreciate just one buff: one fucking combo that let me gain istant 3lvl drill. Please :D

I agree... Amane really needs j.2B overhead.

Anyway I'd really appreciate just one buff: one fucking combo that let me gain istant 3lvl drill. Please :D

Then we get a new tier - Nishiki Tier

For only the most broken of characters  :v:

I just hope all of these new mechanics are executed well and benefit everyone; one issue i had with OD was that it really only benefited a select few characters, while others only really got a stronger Distortion Drive out of it.

All of these OD centric mechanics probably means they're trying to centralize the game around it and give a more incentive to use it to keep the advantage, which I got no problem with really. But I never felt damage or offense was an issue in Blazblue. 

I have to see it in action.

I know nerfs are meant to keep things in check, but wouldn't it be better if characters were buffed than nerfed?

I mean, I'd be a lot happier if my main and sub were buffed rather than to see a top tier get nerfed.

So with that respect, I am very interested in how the characters are going to be balanced this time around.

Wow, the title screen, character select screen, and the VS screen all look so awesome.

The character select screen music is so awesome.

I just hope all of these new mechanics are executed well and benefit everyone; one issue i had with OD was that it really only benefited a select few characters, while others only really got a stronger Distortion Drive out of it.

All of these OD centric mechanics probably means they're trying to centralize the game around it and give a more incentive to use it to keep the advantage, which I got no problem with really. But I never felt damage or offense was an issue in Blazblue. 

I have to see it in action.

Can you name one system mechanic that benefits everyone equally?

In the context of this game or in general?

Counter Assault vs a good Valkenhayn? ;-;

CA benefits some chars more than others and the ironic thing here is that Valk is one of the chars who relies on it the most.

CA uses meter so less meter-reliant chars such as Nu, Valk, Litchi etc. get to benefit more whereas chars who need meter to confirm things for twice the damage of the meterless variant (for example ragna confirming a max range midscreen 5B by RCing 2D or Bang confirming a midscreen crouched normal starter confirm by RCing 3C adds something like 2000~ more damage to each of these combos) or to obtain defensive options and as such limit the way their foes approach them get to benefit less.

So they essentially gave the game the Vorpal mechanic from Under Night. Thats cool

More like emotion high from aquapazza.

Oh and that OD only super nonsense hahaha.

Sounds like Arcana blaze/Eclipses in Arcana Heart.

More like emotion high from aquapazza.

Oh and that OD only super nonsense hahaha.

Sounds like Arcana blaze/Eclipses in Arcana Heart.

I made a similar observation regarding both of these the other day myself, it really is emotion since it also changes the animation of the OD super like emotion high did. I personally liked that system so I'm happy to see it here. Everyone who disliked it only complained about emotion low guardbreaking you but it seems that part is not in this game so it should go over well hopefully.

And yeah those really are arcana eclipses since they apparently don't use meter but do end OD right away.

Yeah, I suspect that it only superficially resembles Vorpal in the same way OD was said to resemble X-Factor.

Wouldn't Dark Force be a better comparison than X Factor?

Both of these new features worry me.

The Exceed Accel sounds a bit preposterous. A free Super that can be used to finish any OD combo and becomes even more damaging during Active Flow? Hopefully it will be limited to once a match, or increase the OD/Burst gauge's recharge time, else I can see it rendering Overdrive Distortion Drives obsolete (even more so than the Arcana Eclipses did the Arcana Blazes in AH3 LOVE MAX). Unburstable sequences like OD activation (combo/Guard Cancel/invincibility frames), OD DD, EA could also become annoying without hefty damage scaling.

Active Flow... just no. A damage/OD gain/EA damage boost for hitting the opponent (and thus doing damage and gaining more Heat)? BB already has Negative Penalty to discourage passive play. While I am no supporter of comeback mechanics, I find their "opposites" just as aggravating.

Even though Overdrive combos are my favourite part of BB, I don't want them to dominate the game.

I agree on Active Flow actually.  Arcsys games do a good job of encouraging offense as is, I don't get this hate boner people seem to have for defensive/passive play either.  Have you ever watched a match in a Capcom game where it comes down to the wire and it's all about who gets that last solid hit, and both players are just playing some crazy patient footsies?  To me that's just as intense as someone blocking an insane pressure string or a mixup.

Instant blocking.

I win. Mod me now please.

Instant blocking.

I win. Mod me now please.

Some characters depend on those IB holes more than others, such as Tager. There is also Haku, whose meter management makes IB very different from the rest of the cast.

Wasn't this thread about CF?

Active Flow... just no. A damage/OD gain/EA damage boost for hitting the opponent (and thus doing damage and gaining more Heat)? BB already has Negative Penalty to discourage passive play. While I am no supporter of comeback mechanics, I find their "opposites" just as aggravating.

So, why do you think this is a comeback mechanic?