kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

So from what I've gathered, "Attention!" seems to be when you're close to activating Active Flow, and you turn yellow when you hit the opponent with an attack that activates Active Flow.

ah nvm

Attention doesn't always pop up when you get hit. At 2:26 naoto gets attention while in neutral. But after a lot of backdashes, so is that the new  negative penalty warning? maybe

edit : nvm again, looks like it has something to do with active flow indeed

Ok Some notes that gathers what has been said  about Active Flow so far

-Active Flow is achieved by landing hits and attempting/offseting throws : pressure doesn't seem to help getting Active Flow, or it does unsignificantly. Guard crushing builds Active Flow (maybe counter-hitting does too ?)

-When you're close to get active Flow , the "Attention!" message pops up

-Active Flow is signalled by a yellow Aura and lasts about 10 seconds : needs further check but using Exceed Accel seems to automatically end it.

- Backdashing/running away doesn't seem to diminish the "agression" you've been building. Simply put, if you know you're going to get Active Flow soon, you can play runaway (as long as you don't get Negative Penalty) and land a hit and you'll still get it.

-The damage boost you get from it doesn't seem huge, but the burst you regain from it is very notable (signaled by Purple Aura on Burst gauge)

- Getting in Negative Penalty seems to activate Active Flow for the opponent, so Negative Penalty is even worse than before

- Needs to be checked as well , but characters may have different Active Flow building rates.

Probably forgot/didn't notice some stuff : this is mostly theory and things noticed from crumbles of loketest footage, so things may be inacurrate or incorrect ! I'll edit this along to avoid feeding wrong info !

EDIT : check this for corrections and precisions about how Active Flow builds up

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/10979-cf-blazblue-central-fiction-news-and-gameplay-discussion/page-25#entry925887

Amane's 6D seems to track the opponent after it lands?

Yeah so it seems.... Strange :D but intersting!

And it seems that drill gauge is ... longer isn't it?

No one posted a summary of the New System explanation from the stream? They talked about all kinds of cool info.

Exceed Accel:
All have a start-up hit. If it connects, an animation will play and damage is dealt.
All Exceed Accels have invincibility from the start and are very safe on block.
Holding ABCD for long activates Overdrive, goes straight into Exceed Accel and shortens their start-up
Overdrive also ends when Exceed Accel gets blocked.

Active Flow:
Happens once per round and lasts 10 seconds
Increases damage and Burst recovery rate
Nearly doubles Exceed Accel damage

You also get "Active Points" by doing "skillful actions" and "good reads". In addition to hitting, forward dashing and pressuring, you'll gain "Active Points" by blocking highs and lows correctly, countering aerial hit with head-invincibility move, doing Perfect Block and teching Throws.
Negative Penalty takes away your Barrier, causes Danger state and gives the opponent Active Flow.

Counter Hit:
+10% damage
It's not by per Hits but per Attack. 
Standard A attack is around 300 damage, so on Counter it makes 330. Carnage Scissors is around 2500 damage, so on Counter it makes 2750.
So aiming for Counter Hits with strong attacks can give you a lot more damage.
Fatal Counter also gives the same +10%

Also,
Same Attack Proration has been removed from nearly all normals - instead, now all Specials have it. SMP is now damage only, it no longer affects the amount of hitstun.

Yeah so it seems.... Strange :D but intersting!

It's actually a good buff for him I believe. 6D was just so risky before since once it lands but if it does not hit the opponent (block or otherwise), it left him too open for free Fatal Counters and shit. Now he can potentially end his combos in like say j,236 and then 6D to prevent the opponent from simply rolling either to the left or right. The tracking isn't THAT strong though as the Hibiki was able to outrun it, but this is at least makes 6D a better tool for Amane.

You also get "Active Points" by doing "skillful actions" and "good reads". In addition to hitting, forward dashing and pressuring, you'll gain "Active Points" by blocking highs and lows correctly, countering aerial hit with head-invincibility move, doing Perfect Block and teching Throws.

Negative Penalty takes away your Barrier, causes Danger state and gives the opponent Active Flow.

Well there goes our presumption that rushdown characters are the only ones to benefit from Active Flow. Seems like ASW was smart enough to realise not everyone follows that route and took defensive play into account. So Tager and Haku-men can still achieve Active Flow with their usual methods.

OK so I just got back from the loketests. I was watching people play for like 4 hours lol. I'll post whatever notes I have jot down. Sorry if some of these info have already been posted.

Plat:

New item, a boomerang. You max stock is 1, flies out horizontally when you use it, then returns to you. Becomes transparent when it contacts the opponent, indicating it doesn't have a hitbox anymore.

Izayoi:

j.236D throws out 3 sonic sabers, kinda like jin's old j236D.

air seraphim is angled downwards, floats opponent up.

Ragna:

j.214C > follow-up sends them flying away.

Corner stuff > 623D 236C 236C > 2C blah blah still works. GH+follow-up > 5B still works.

Tager:

5C works after using the new grab (the one that bounces them off the wall). Looked like it has invuln, invuln'd through jin's 5C cleanly.

Gadget leaves them just outside of 5A range.

6C floats.

GETB does 5522

Litchi:

if staff is flying, drops if you get hit. still returns to you if you go into block.

DP staff ends up a little further away.

corner stuff > DP > haku works.

itsuuA is one hit only, sends them flying up and away.

Kokonoe:

can do bunker without 2nd hit.

has a fire spin move that moves like may dolphin/plat's C-mami. Usable in air. Affected by graviton.

6B more startup.

Jin: 623C corner combos still work. 5B in the corner leads into ~4.4k meterless.

I'm guessing his 3C got replaced by a sword trip? Functions the same.

Naoto:

DP animation looks like volcanic viper lol

has a stationary dodge move with invuln, cancelable into special/normals? (don't know which of his moves are specials or normals.

Has a dash where he briefly disappears, crosses up. Chargeable moves that guard crushes, one useable in the air.

has a long-ish poke that hits low.

Original Character Do Not Steal.

Hazama:

New special that staggers, goes into stance stuff blah blah, you guys probably already know this one.

Command grab sends them flying straight upwards, does 600 dmg.

Air throw bounces them higher, maybe?

Raw stance-A > 5C works.

Stance-B sends them flying further away.

stuff > 6C > 5D > stance-A > 5C works.

Hibiki:

Has moves like makoto's 214x. Works as a high/low mixup.

Has several moves that sends out a clone image of himself to attack. Can choose which he ends up as.

Has a cross-up clone-image-sending move.

Has a move on the ground where he spins in the air and strikes like an OH, but it's not an OH, people around me were surprised by it too.

Active curse depletes on a timed basis again. Regular curse BnB still works.

cloud doesn't disappear after contact. Instead, curse gauge fills up over time if opponent stays in contact with opponent. Homing cloud and above-the-head cloud are still present, don't know about the other one.

jC > jD works.

New grab-looking move is a hit move. They tech very soon after the final hit, high in the air.

Noel:

6C doesn't wall stick. They tech before you can connect with any ground moves.

Hakumen:

New move that dashes kishuu-like distance, with 5D (or 5D-like?) active during the dash. If it catches a move, slams opponent as seen in the trailer.

Renka 2nd hit kicks upwards, jump-cancellable.

Lambda:

New act parser kicks opponent in the gut, followup with a low (old 236B) or a launcher. Shoulder tackle (236C?) still goes into big damage.

Gravity floats on hit, they float slowly backwards.

Kagura:

Flashkick doesn't wallbounce.

3C floats lower. Can't 3C > 2DC. Saw people do 5BB > 2C in the corner instead.

5DA hits them further away.

Bang

Midscreen relaunch combo still works.

Saw people do high damage combos 4-5k with web nails and daifunka.

Nu

Sends out a black orb above her head that pulsates for a bit, then shoots out a sword (downwards?)

Can also quickly (about the speed as regular D moves) shoot a sword from above her head, sword shoots angled downwards.

j214D is a lot slower. Can feint. Can airdash-cancel forwards/backwards when you feint.

That's all the information I have for now. Again, some of these have been mentioned before. I'm gonna try going back again tomorrow. If there's anything specific you guys want me to test out, lemme know.

Some Azrael impressions but feel free to correct me if you find a mistake:

-2D looks like it got a bigger hitbox to me since it was able to hit Hibiki while he was off the ground. Might be a bit faster as well.

-6A looks faster and seems to travel a tad further.

-2C seems faster. I dunno, the animation doesn't seem like it was in CPE.

-Sentinel Dump can be jump cancelled. You can see Azrael doing its animation (his hands are in his pockets) only to cancel it out for another aerial normal in that Hibiki match.

-I think Gustav might have been changed in some way but I am uncertain.

You guys gotta post your impressions here, since this thread is very fast and people might have a hard time looking for it later on:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/11030-cf-loketest-news-news-only/

I thought that was for confirmed news/facts only obtained from people attending the loketest though...

I thought that was for confirmed news/facts only obtained from people attending the loketest though...

And we have just that in this thread.

I guess nobody here was able to go to this, huh.  I did, but I basically walked in and out because I didn:t understand the system. Was hoping someone could explain it, since I'm still in Akiba in a net cafe. :(

I watched one match, because someone was playing Mu. Saw them land a few 2c's with no jump cancel, so that pretty much answer what is, to me, the most important question.:( New qcb D looks neat though.

So what new stages do we have? The stream showed off:

• Skyship. Travel broadens mind. the AIR. Looks like Hibiki's stage.
  • Ragna's stage. The opening was skipped so it doesn't have a name yet unless someone at the loketests can find that out.
  • The Gate -Not Possible-. There is a first time for everything. The 13th Hierarchical City of Kagutsuchi. Looks to be Hakumen's stage.

Screenshots also showed off a stage with monitors in the background but it wasn't Colosseum or its variants.

That's all the information I have for now. Again, some of these have been mentioned before. I'm gonna try going back again tomorrow. If there's anything specific you guys want me to test out, lemme know.

Any Relius observations would be super welcome, specifically on his normals (any obvious changes, added or changed moves) and his 214A 214B 214C 214D and 236D specials.

I guess nobody here was able to go to this, huh.  I did, but I basically walked in and out because I didn:t understand the system. Was hoping someone could explain it, since I'm still in Akiba in a net cafe. :(

I watched one match, because someone was playing Mu. Saw them land a few 2c's with no jump cancel, so that pretty much answer what is, to me, the most important question.:( New qcb D looks neat though.

So 2c jump cancel's still gone. -sigh-

You mean the hit that counters gets a 10% damage boost and not the entire combo that follows it, right?

Yes, that's exactly it. Just the attack that counters.

Some Valk info would be great. So far, we just have that new OH, but then don't even know the command for it. Thanks.

So apparently Hibiki's izuna drop is a followup to his airborn clone move, an air to air grab. The Bang he was fighting was just mashing C and tried to do 2C>2D midscreen like it was CT and he was doing a corner combo or something so I'm just taking this as a fact that he was letting him win to showcase his stuff. Despite that, he did land some Ds and damn, they made the sound have even more oomph behind it now, loving it. Also 5C and 3C both are still fatal.

Watching from the loketest matches, Hibiki seems to have either 9500 or 10000 HP, while Naoto has either 10500 or 11000 HP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk