kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

CT > CS didn't redo voices, they added some (not including new characters obviously), but none were overtly replaced, except for anyone yelling "BARRIER BURST".

Imo less new/re dubbed voices means less time spent on translating and localizing since the assets are already in place, which is good.

Uh, CT > CS did redo all the voices in Japanese. What you said is only true for the English voices.

BBCF at Arc Revo -> Gather more feedback -> September or October Loketest of a more refined version -> Finalized version on November or December.

That's my bet on how this is going to go based on the past. The final loketest is the one we really need to pay attention to, since whatever changes implemented there will likely be reflected in the final version.

Hopefully they'll make some changes that are good all around but this is Arc we're talking about.

Do you think we will wait 1 year for jap console version like BBCP or less months like the extend version?

I hope they will replace the old voices or else this will seem a bit disappointing compared to CP that had all this new stuff (voices, stages, guard crush system and music)

Uh, CT > CS did redo all the voices in Japanese. What you said is only true for the English voices.

They have redone some character specific lines, like Ragnas Inferno Divider against Jin, but yes, nearly all of the English voices from Calamity Trigger were reused in Continuum Shift.

I'd suck dick behind a K-mart to get someone to change Celica's lines to literally anything else. You could give her noise samples of nails on a chalkboard and it would be an improvement.

Also I hope bang recovers from that tracheotomy voice he has in english CP, that was almost as bad as A KNOCKS NICK TOR ESS.

Do you think we will wait 1 year for jap console version like BBCP or less months like the extend version?

Console will probably be a year. This is a new installment as you know. We'll also have a new DLC with the release of the console version.

I'm wondering which consoles they'll release it on. Probably PS3, PS4, XB1. That might finally give me the motivation to actually purchase a PS4.

Kind of lame that they have not redone the voices of the characters just like ct>cs>cp, because the older available characters sounds like their cp versions

I actually kind of miss how voices sounded back in CS and wish there was an option to swap individual voices across versions and languages.

Voice were definitely redone in CS, it caused some complaints (lol). It might not feel like it because CT era was relatively short and CS era was 3 years. Some stages in CT>CS were slightly modified (jin stage changes from Cathedral to Symbolic Domination, time of day changes in Litchi or Bang's stages etc). I can already see some of that in CF except with older stages (Platinum CS stage at sunset). As for voice work....iirc UNiB was all done but was having issues with voice work, my guess has always been that it's the last thing they do. The game is only 65% complete iirc? I don't think the HUD is actually final either.

I'd like a shorter console release...it's possible. Vanilla Persona was lightning quick comparative to a lot of other games, Xrd wasn't too bad either. They're already comfortable with PS4 development/porting etc. Maybe seeing how much play their games get at evo could push for a more timely release but...wishful thinking.

CT > CS didn't redo voices, they added some (not including new characters obviously), but none were overtly replaced, except for anyone yelling "BARRIER BURST".

Imo less new/re dubbed voices means less time spent on translating and localizing since the assets are already in place, which is good.

Pretty sure they did redo some lines. Like Jin and Noel.

Cmon yall we have a whole thread for voice acting in the Zepp Musem lol.  Personally Relius could be voiced by Ben Stein on English for all I care as long as he has this stylin new command grab.

Voice were definitely redone in CS, it caused some complaints (lol). It might not feel like it because CT era was relatively short and CS era was 3 years. Some stages in CT>CS were slightly modified (jin stage changes from Cathedral to Symbolic Domination, time of day changes in Litchi or Bang's stages etc). I can already see some of that in CF except with older stages (Platinum CS stage at sunset). As for voice work....iirc UNiB was all done but was having issues with voice work, my guess has always been that it's the last thing they do. The game is only 65% complete iirc? I don't think the HUD is actually final either.

I'd like a shorter console release...it's possible. Vanilla Persona was lightning quick comparative to a lot of other games, Xrd wasn't too bad either. They're already comfortable with PS4 development/porting etc. Maybe seeing how much play their games get at evo could push for a more timely release but...wishful thinking.

Persona = Atlus. ASW is only the developer. Atlus doesn't care about arcade exclusivity.

We probably won't have it until 6 months after release.

PS : it took almost 1 year for GG to get a console release, that's not what i call quick....

I think he means Japan to US, because the windows between Japan and US releases for both P4U games and Xrd were relatively short.

CT was like same day console release in US and JP. Makes me wonder why they never did that again.

CT was like same day console release in US and JP. Makes me wonder why they never did that again.

Probably comes down to US sales weren't worth the extra effort or the amount that had to be localized was small enough to pull it off. Hard to tell which one. Doing simultaneous release requires a good chunk of work. You got to commit to getting the script for story mode done very early on so that the localization team can get to work translating and arranging the voice recording sessions. It also requires good coordination between the JP dev team and the localization team.

We might see some changes with CF's release since ASW games are starting to get more popular recently, at least competitively but that 2 month gap for BBCPEX isn't exactly encouraging.

We're basically already screwed for the coming year.  If CF comes out in Arcades in the winter, it won't have a Japan console release until the spring, and US console release is almost certain to miss Evo.  /shrug

Persona = Atlus. ASW is only the developer. Atlus doesn't care about arcade exclusivity.

We probably won't have it until 6 months after release.

PS : it took almost 1 year for GG to get a console release, that's not what i call quick....

Was just pointing out a quick release is entirely possible if they feel like it, and on that note the gap between Arcade/Console P4U2/Xrd was about 9 months. Xrd's release window allowed it to be on console in the same year. Probably why it felt "short enough" to me.

A week apart. The gap increased with every iteration sadly. A month for CS1. 2+ for extend. 4 or so for CP etc. It really hurts since some people just don't like importing.

I heard something about an Aksys employee who liked FGs no longer being with them post CT but that's just conjecture lol

We're basically already screwed for the coming year. If CF comes out in Arcades in the winter, it won't have a Japan console release until the spring, and US console release is almost certain to miss Evo. /shrug

Spring wouldn't be that bad honestly. I also don't think evo staff worries too much about US releases for these games. BB was announced for evo 2014 before the US version was released. I'd assume anyone serious about competing at evo imported anyway.

We're basically already screwed for the coming year. If CF comes out in Arcades in the winter, it won't have a Japan console release until the spring, and US console release is almost certain to miss Evo. /shrug

It would have to come at least six months before EVO to be considered. So BB isn't going to be there anyway...again.

Anyway, Is this confirmed for Winter release anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're basically already screwed for the coming year.  If CF comes out in Arcades in the winter, it won't have a Japan console release until the spring, and US console release is almost certain to miss Evo.  /shrug

Definitely not releasing on JP Console in the spring. If we're extremely lucky, we could get a late summer release. A much more probable scenario is a mid-late fall release. And if things end up as bad as CP, JP console release could the following winter

I honestly was expecting a 2016 Arcade release, but hey consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we got a couple of months before we'll see arcade footage of it so the most we can do is read up on it and just make assumptions.

I'm just gonna keep playing Extend at the present because the Kagura I've grown to like won't exist anymore in CF with what I'm hearing.