kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

How so?

Sounds like he's just taking joketest info too seriously.  I mean, how many times have we had loketests where people were all Tsubaki is finally good "character X is dead! RIP character X!" and then when the game actually came out, it was nothing like that at all? CP Hakumen, anyone?

everything with CP hakumen stayed from loketests

we just didnt realize how the changes would actually play out as people figured out tech

but yeah

That's the idea, while we get an idea, we won't really know for sure how good/ bad anyone is until we see them in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he's just taking joketest info too seriously.  I mean, how many times have we had loketests where people were all Tsubaki is finally good "character X is dead! RIP character X!" and then when the game actually came out, it was nothing like that at all? CP Hakumen, anyone?

Terumi was the same in the BBCP2 loke test as it is today.

Terumi was the same in the BBCP2 loke test as it is today.

Well when you give a rushdown character shit mixup, that's a pretty enormous flaw in their gameplan. No one is gonna be afraid of you getting them into a block string when they can just hold backdown and then go microwave themselves a burrito until they have the heat needed to counter assault or whatever. He was pretty much doomed from the start with that bullshit.

CT was like same day console release in US and JP. Makes me wonder why they never did that again.

I knew I wasn't crazy. I remember thinking about importing CT on my 360, and then I saw that it was coming out in the U.S. in like 5 days and was like never mind. Also I would have been mad that it was region locked back then (the disk I mean)

Well when you give a rushdown character shit mixup, that's a pretty enormous flaw in their gameplan. No one is gonna be afraid of you getting them into a block string when they can just hold backdown and then go microwave themselves a burrito until they have the heat needed to counter assault or whatever. He was pretty much doomed from the start with that bullshit.

Could you work for asw wise sir? Please?

Kind of lame that they have not redone the voices of the characters just like ct>cs>cp, because the older available characters sounds like their cp versions

I think that they will redo them, actually. They just haven't done yet. I remember loctests in other instances using old balance whereas the final game did have the redone cast. Xrd most definitely did have +R voices during the early bits, too.

Oh and it is true, this only applies to JP voices. The English voices were not redone for CS, excluding some new char-specific quotes. (which were actually done with a different VA in some cases, such as Rachel's vs Valk quotes...she was being voiced by two people simultaneously during that time lol)

A very awkward time that was, Rachel's substitute VA at that time sounded way too old. She might be thousands of years but no one is supposed to guess that by the sound of an middle-aged bat stuck in a little girl's body. At least, that is what ASW had portrayed up to that fateful time which I hope more thought goes into if it happens again.

A very awkward time that was, Rachel's substitute VA at that time sounded way too old. She might be thousands of years but no one is supposed to guess that by the sound of an middle-aged bat stuck in a little girl's body. At least, that is what ASW had portrayed up to that fateful time which I hope more thought goes into if it happens again.

I just am happy with Ueda Kana so I didn't know for the longest time until I fought one online with Valk lol. I was quite perplexed to say the least.

Well I mean there is always stagger pressure, buuuut...

My theory with Terumi is you should build meter by using Ds on block from a safe distance and then burn the meter for RC mixups which are actually tricky to block. It's not as good as what some other chars have but it's at least "something". Chars like Amane or Arakune would love for even just that.

Famitsu have also uploaded the interview that they had in their magazine before, but it's longer and more detailed now.

So the concept behind Naoto's playstyle is "like a fighting game protagonist". That gave me a chuckle. Especially since Mori prefaced that with "something that BlazBlue didn't have until now".

Looks like they either moved or removed the playguide from their site >_<

(what used to be at http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/images/playguide.pdf)

What will I reference for inputs/move names now? D:

Should have dled it while I had the chance...

https://mega.co.nz/#!oQ5xSDSL!lS9gr3wh45Pf5T9TouN-_anxhCiIOiO4rFbp1G_D1wE

My theory with Terumi is you should build meter by using Ds on block from a safe distance and then burn the meter for RC mixups which are actually tricky to block. It's not as good as what some other chars have but it's at least "something". Chars like Amane or Arakune would love for even just that.

This would work out better if they didn't nerf 5D and 236D :vbang:

At least we got a new overhead and low, and considering how smp works and the little of terumi changes we know, he most likey got a complete overhaul combo wise.

God don't remind me.... I like the Doug but Erik was much better IMO. Doug just gave me hilariously hammy lines like "SLYYYCE AND DYYYYCE"

super snake kick!   Agreed.

So the concept behind Naoto's playstyle is "like a fighting game protagonist". That gave me a chuckle. Especially since Mori prefaced that with "something that BlazBlue didn't have until now".

Hehehehe.

Now to be fair, Ragna and Jin are more JRPG protagonists than anything, at least their designs are. Furthermore, Naoto's design and animations seem heavily influenced by SNK fighters, hell he looks and moves almost exactly like Rock Howard, the protagonist of Garou Mark of the Wolves.

So in that sense, yes, I guess he is BlazBlue's first 'fighting game' protagonist.

Wasn't Blazblue intended to be an RPG originally and became a fighter instead? Or was that Battle Fantasia?

It's Blazblue. Battle Fantasia is just a fighter that looks like it's in an RPG. There's even chests in the background and such.

Hehehehe.

Now to be fair, Ragna and Jin are more JRPG protagonists than anything, at least their designs are. Furthermore, Naoto's design and animations seem heavily influenced by SNK fighters, hell he looks and moves almost exactly like Rock Howard, the protagonist of Garou Mark of the Wolves.

So in that sense, yes, I guess he is BlazBlue's first 'fighting game' protagonist.

Does this mean he'll have a Deadly Rave super? cuz that'd be really hype.

But yea, Naoto is definitely giving off some SNK vibes, which makes sense given a few arc employees used to work for SNK.