kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Faster than CP. Less hitstop. Gotta go fast.

Bad news for me, I can't really keep up with CP to be honest.

The worst are some of the changes. I'm not crying over nerfs or anything, but some of these look like overkills. Nu losing Spike Chaser for a space control special? (Which she clearly doesn't needs.) Terumi getting nerfed again? (Blazblue's Greninja?) Rachel losing her pumpkin?

I don't know whether this actually helps balance or not, but it sure doesn't look like it.

Lokes are lokes. I doubt we really have a full grasp on how powerful stuff is yet anyhow. Can't really lab at a loke.

Let's hope somebody gave Arcsys good feedback, and that they respond to it.

Every time i see a change list come in. It feels like i'm getting shot in the foot again and again. :(

Every time i see a change list come in. It feels like i'm getting shot in the foot again and again. :(

Oh come on, you should know by now: loketests, especially those that follow the recent arcade release announcement might as well be just fluff. Worry about change/nerfs/buffs lists AFTER the game is out and bleeding the Japanese wallets dry of yen and the players give up the hard truths. Honestly, I wonder why so many of us get worked up over loketests? I mean, I understand the fear of your main squeeze character potentially being tossed into the dreaded bottom tier garbage slot, but really? Ever hear the phrase "it ain't over until the Ragna has been perforated"?

That being said, I like that the new game is (reportedly) close to CP. It adds more meaning to me still practicing with CPEX Azrael and not having to worry about drastic adjustments come CF.

I'm honestly surprised you guys aren't numb to it by now, Terumi is basically the battered wife of BB.  No matter how many senseless changes they lump onto him, it just never ends D:

Well since the new post has no info on Arakune or Tager...

Cannot recurse at the end of a curse combo (an X appears on the curse gauge indicating it)

......wry

Oh come on, you should know by now: loketests, especially those that follow the recent arcade release announcement might as well be just fluff. Worry about change/nerfs/buffs lists AFTER the game is out and bleeding the Japanese wallets dry of yen and the players give up the hard truths. Honestly, I wonder why so many of us get worked up over loketests? I mean, I understand the fear of your main squeeze character potentially being tossed into the dreaded bottom tier garbage slot, but really? Ever hear the phrase "it ain't over until the Ragna has been perforated"?

That being said, I like that the new game is (reportedly) close to CP. It adds more meaning to me still practicing with CPEX Azrael and not having to worry about drastic adjustments come CF.

Most changes in loketests tend to be in the final product and give us a general idea of what to expect. The reason people get so worked up is because of every reason people get worked up, they see changes they do not like or are unneeded.

I'm personally not crying "THE END IS NEAR" but the changes to my character haven't really instilled confidence in me. And if I was a Terumi player, I'd be fucking livid right now if he just got worse after already being bad in the first place.

I'm still contemplating whether it's worth giving up from Relius changes or not, so far I'm not happy with them either.  But it's not like there's not going to be a 1.1 balance update like both CS and CP went through so who knows.

I've already reached the conclusion that Arc don't balance to improve, just to change because its a change. So fuck it, as long as my character isn't trash, I don't care...

i understand your viewpoint but i'm also keeping in mind my experince with the cpex loktest. Idk why but when it comes to bb you just better hope you get a lucky roll, which bugs the shit outta me considering how well they balance gg despite some of the problems in that game.

Edited by Fame96

Most changes in loketests tend to be in the final product and give us a general idea of what to expect. The reason people get so worked up is because of every reason people get worked up, they see changes they do not like or are unneeded.

I'm personally not crying "THE END IS NEAR" but the changes to my character haven't really instilled confidence in me. And if I was a Terumi player, I'd be fucking livid right now if he just got worse after already being bad in the first place.

Key word being "most" but not all. I still remember back during P4AU loketest (the first one I believe) where Elizabeth was reportedly a kill machine only for none of the loketest buffs to make it to either later ones or the finished product, resulting in a character so gimmicky you might as well be trying to assemble a ship in a bottle while playing her. I should know; I whined and complained about it vigorously. In a more BB-related case, I'm pretty sure most Rachel players still remember the transitions from loketest to CS1 or dear sweet Makoto in any game post CSII (though IIRC she got better in CPEX).

On the flip side you've got Haku-men, whom many considered dead when they read his nerfs on paper (side note: still annoyed at the loss of unblockable Drives) until it was discovered that "Unit Cookie Dough" is so damn strong the losses he received are inconsequential. I suppose the point I am laboriously trying to get to is that we shouldn't be gathering pitchforks and torches...so soon. The game isn't out and really until the final product is here (and even THAT can be modified from arcade to console) it's in our best interest to take information in stride. Failing that: start mentally preparing for the worst.

i understand your viewpoint but i'm also keeping in mind my experince with the cpex loktest. Idk why but when it comes to bb you just better hope you get a lucky roll, which bugs the shit outta me considering how well they balance gg despite some of the problems in that game.

Oh by no means am I saying that you have to like the directions taken to your character. Haku-men was my go-to guy until the change to his Drives in CP. I don't care how good he actually is in that game, I refused to play something which didn't produce the same spark in me that caused me to play him to begin with. It's just, these days, I am taking a more "hands on the game first" mentality, y'know? Until I am physically affected by the changes laid out to me on an internet post, it remains what it is. And keep in mind, the internet being the internet has a tendency to exaggerate (not saying SKD specifically did that) so it is important to consider that as well.

Side note, Team Red (which manages Guilty Gear) is not the same team (Team Blue) that balances Blazblue. I know it's a weird little detail, but from what I am given to understand, it's that the two teams don't necessarily interact or rather share the same approach to balance, despite working at the same company. I don't particularly understand it myself but there you go.

Amane: New fireball is really important lol (small tornado that runs across the ground). It seems pretty good, and he overall seems a bit better, but maybe not good enough. 3C is slower, but his other C normals look faster with better hitboxes. 6D can be held, and even started traveling on the ground?!?! It moved pretty fast, lol. Not sure if thats automatic, might end up being a nerf lmao. Still amane. His exceed is kinda cool, he just does things and then slams you into the ground with his kimono.

This is piratically everything I wanted to hear and more.If Amane looks pretty good now, he's going to only get more impressive with time, since Amane is not even remotely an entry level character and it usually takes a while for people to find his sickest tricks.

I'm super glad Ginga is good, I was worried that it would fall into worthless obscurity with the new close range C normals, and having something to push the rushdown characters away from a distance is something I've always wanted on Amane (without having to spend heat on the thousand year startup drill super, obviously). This Exceed sounds like it's more inspired by his normals that drive which is exactly what I wanted. Doing 4k by slapping people with my fab clothes is gonna be great, and it gives me the impression that they weren't idiots and made it function like his supers so he can Exceed and keep his drill meter. I'm confused as to how tracking on 6D could ever be a nerf though. 3C having slower startup doesn't bother me so long as it combos fine, and--

his other C normals look faster with better hitboxes.

better hitboxes.

IbJCbVf.gif

All those months of praying for mid tier might have finally paid off.

Oh by no means am I saying that you have to like the directions taken to your character. Haku-men was my go-to guy until the change to his Drives in CP. I don't care how good he actually is in that game, I refused to play something which didn't produce the same spark in me that caused me to play him to begin with. It's just, these days, I am taking a more "hands on the game first" mentality, y'know? Until I am physically affected by the changes laid out to me on an internet post, it remains what it is. And keep in mind, the internet being the internet has a tendency to exaggerate (not saying SKD specifically did that) so it is important to consider that as well.

Side note, Team Red (which manages Guilty Gear) is not the same team (Team Blue) that balances Blazblue. I know it's a weird little detail, but from what I am given to understand, it's that the two teams don't necessarily interact or rather share the same approach to balance, despite working at the same company. I don't particularly understand it myself but there you go.

understandable. This is just me getting very irritated at this point, and i really don't like switching characters especially since i go by how fun i find them to play. It's just at times like this i wish i could go and test out things myself. Oh well, i'll see the results soon, if there are any more people playing terumi that is.

I'm still contemplating whether it's worth giving up from Relius changes or not, so far I'm not happy with them either.  But it's not like there's not going to be a 1.1 balance update like both CS and CP went through so who knows.

Hold on to hope until I'm done tinkering with him. With the way his command grab has been described to me I think I can find some really sweet stuff. (Also, remember when we thought Relius was rip after 3C and he got stronger in CPEX? This has a /high/ chance of ending up like that. I can feel it.)

This is piratically everything I wanted to hear and more.If Amane looks pretty good now, he's going to only get more impressive with time, since Amane is not even remotely an entry level character and it usually takes a while for people to find his sickest tricks.

I'm super glad Ginga is good, I was worried that it would fall into worthless obscurity with the new close range C normals, and having something to push the rushdown characters away from a distance is something I've always wanted on Amane (without having to spend heat on the thousand year startup drill super, obviously). This Exceed sounds like it's more inspired by his normals that drive which is exactly what I wanted. Doing 4k by slapping people with my fab clothes is gonna be great, and it gives me the impression that they weren't idiots and made it function like his supers so he can Exceed and keep his drill meter. I'm confused as to how tracking on 6D could ever be a nerf though. 3C having slower startup doesn't bother me so long as it combos fine, and--

IbJCbVf.gif

All those months of praying for mid tier might have finally paid off.

so Ginga move is a projectile move? And it takes all the stage? 

the thing thats most useful about the projectile is that it goes rather slow, so it ends up staying in a space that he doesn't really need to worry about as much.

http://nesica.net/news/detail/?nid=357

Open loketest is getting streamed. Really odd schedule though, going to make it a pain to watch it. It's all on Ustream and each arcade gets about half an hour to stream the game, except on the last day where one arcade is streaming it for a full hour because one of the arcades is not streaming it that day. Having to keep track of 4 different Ustream channels is going to be annoying though.

Edited by Tokkan

Is it just me, or they didn't re-record the voices for some characters? Bullet sounds exactly the same, unlike Azrael.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/27086866.html

Famitsu posted a report on the closed loketest. It includes direct-feed videos of matches. New announcer (which actually sucks) and everyone has newly recorded voices.

OMG everyone's already breaking the fourth wall xD

Edited by heavymetalmixer

Is it just me, or they didn't re-record the voices for some characters? Bullet sounds exactly the same, unlike Azrael.

I noticed this too, however the special attacks of the characters who are affected by this (Ragna, Relius, Hazama, etc.) are re-recorded. They likely have not finished their recording sessions or their scripts yet.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201508/27086866.html

Famitsu posted a report on the closed loketest. It includes direct-feed videos of matches. New announcer (which actually sucks) and everyone has newly recorded voices.

Mostly everyone, Hazama and Bullet seem unchanged.