kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

By the FGC gods of yore, Nine looks sick. Absolutely everything in that trailer was arranged to be stylish as [BLEEP]. And look, she even has an homage to Aoko's Severe Break, though Nine's seems to trigger off of a successful projectile reflect. I doubt I'll be capable of using her properly against someone but dammit all, I want to at least be able to sub her by the end of my Central Fiction experience. When can I expect this game on consoles again? I need it in my veins...yes yes I know no set date has been made for anything.

I did a little watching at .25 speed and noticed some things:

• That seed she planted is sorcery, it's makeup is fi/fi/wi (it totally bothers me that there's no water in this)
  • The mirror is fi/wi
  • it seems like it'll be a common occurrence for her to combo her fire/water/wind normals into the the pure water/wind/fire sorcery, she does it like 5 times in the video. 
  • That explosion super she used on ragna is fueled by 1 fire stock. It also almost looks like the super gave her water and wind stocks, but that might just be a lingering recovery animation.
  • That huge explosion that she triggered on terumi might have something to do with that sigil that ragna has on him on the famitsu article, terumi has it on him too, but the dial is in the 12 o'clock position. Perhaps a countdown? In any even't, when the explosion triggered, nine didn't do anything, and terumi was winding up to do what I believe was his 6C. Whatever that move is, it definitely has a delayed reaction effect going on.

It seems like Nine can also summon foliage with her magic? I suppose this is yet another case of "Wind = Earth" that Japanese games like so much. It irks me more than it probably should have, and makes it more likely for people to write it down as Red, Blue and Green.

1 hour ago, Danaiden said:

Ach, I just have to share it: Mori how we love (or hate) him, celebrating the release of Centralfiction with... champagne (?): http://www.mobypicture.com/user/uedakana/view/18632094
If someone is interested, Kana Udea's Twitter has many other behind-the-scenes pictures of the stream: https://twitter.com/uedakana

That whiffed Elphelt c.S tho

4 hours ago, SoWL said:

It seems like Nine can also summon foliage with her magic? I suppose this is yet another case of "Wind = Earth" that Japanese games like so much. It irks me more than it probably should have, and makes it more likely for people to write it down as Red, Blue and Green.

It's prolly a water + wind combo spell.

6 minutes ago, Dreiko said:

It's prolly a water + wind combo spell.

Now that you mention it, I double-checked the trailer, and it seems to be Fire+Wind. Crisis averted, I suppose.

7 hours ago, Zouf said:

Those beams. She has a fking beam.

Fanservice beam 2stronk

We're finally getting a good character after the disappointment that was Celica and Lambda. Really looking forward to learning just how exactly her spells work together 

7 hours ago, Zouf said:

Those beams. She has a fking beam.

The beam seemed as a followup to that glass screen that looked like a projectile counter. It reminded me of Saber's counter shield Avalon from Unlimited Codes if anyone has played that lol.

4 minutes ago, Dreiko said:

The beam seemed as a followup to that glass screen that looked like a projectile counter. It reminded me of Saber's counter shield Avalon from Unlimited Codes if anyone has played that lol.

Hard to see, but the follow up to the glass screen is a small blade, similar to Nu/Lambda's drive swords. The beam might be a super.

2 minutes ago, AchedSphinx said:

Hard to see, but the follow up to the glass screen is a small blade, similar to Nu/Lambda's drive swords. The beam might be a super.

Huh, good eye. Too much stuff exploding everywhere!

Nine seems very well fleshed out, the time they took was worth it.

14 hours ago, Chaoschao222 said:

The song was neatofantastic.

Yeah her theme is sweet. It's second only to Margaret's theme from Persona 4 Arena for me. As far as character themes are concerned. Sorry Tsubaki's theme, you have been replaced!