kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Kokonoe aside, cp was pretty tame imo. Nothing really new in terms of good chars just being good. Ct? Cs? I don't think blazblue balance between tiers was so segregated than in those games, besides, of course, cp kokonoe. 

Balance is a tricky thing since CSE was most balanced by far out of all the BBs but people spoke ill of it due to that back then for being too boring due to this balance.

Can't please everyone. Every time you please someone someone else will find something to complain about. This being the case, I just want them to do what they think is best for the game without actively trying to please anyone since at least when they do that they are giving us what they honestly think is their best effort.

17 minutes ago, TD said:

Kokonoe aside, cp was pretty tame imo. Nothing really new in terms of good chars just being good. Ct? Cs? I don't think blazblue balance between tiers was so segregated than in those games, besides, of course, cp kokonoe. 

Well Terumi is kind of a borderline joke character right now, but yeah. I actually thought 1.1 was pretty damn balanced. Sure, you could feel the struggle if you were low tier against koknoe higher tiers, but it wasn't insurmountable. I think the bigger issue was the fact that in some instances they buffed characters who were already thriving, while nerfing others who were struggling.

In CF, however, from what we've seen, no one really looks anything too outrageous (though DP Azreal scares me) and no one looks Terumi tier either. The closest thing to that right now is, maybe Rachel, but from what I've been seeing people are starting to adapt and she might not be early as bad as initially thought, just different. Only time will tell of course, but as things are right now everyone seems to be on a relatively even scale of power. Hibiki and Naoto both look very very well balanced for their debut, a bunch of struggling characters got some desperately needed help, and some of the higher teir characters got pulled back a bit. 

1 hour ago, Dreiko said:

Balance is a tricky thing since CSE was most balanced by far out of all the BBs but people spoke ill of it due to that back then for being too boring due to this balance.

Can't please everyone. Every time you please someone someone else will find something to complain about. This being the case, I just want them to do what they think is best for the game without actively trying to please anyone since at least when they do that they are giving us what they honestly think is their best effort.

I think back then people weren't satisfied with CSEX because it only added 1 new character along with the standard balance update. And then P4A came out with a faster speed and the new holding tech that became the standard. It made CSEX feel archaic and old.

I don't think balance is needed to the extreme if the game provides enough mechanics to fight against it.

That's what I like about Arcsys games. And anime fighters in general.

And a perfectly balanced game would be boring and it doesn't exist anyway, so w/e

CF looks ok so far, but I think Active Flow and EA are a bit underwhelming. Oh well it's not a trash mechanic at least

Balance is a stupid term, it's better off concentrating on making a game fun because a good amount of people don't like balanced games. *cough* CSEX and CPEX *cough*

5 hours ago, Zouf said:

And a perfectly balanced game would be boring and it doesn't exist anyway, so w/e

Karate Chakun Yaraku Shanku: The Karate Tournament begs to differ

Off-topic, but I'm here to say that there are ways to make a game balanced (where majority of the characters are viable) while still having many characters that play differently and are unique. It just takes alot of work.

If anyone thinks that a very balanced game would have to sacrifice variety (and fun in the process), doesnt know or can't even grasp what a fighting game like that looks like, even if it was right in front of him/her. And no, you won't achieve perfect balance by having all characters in a single tier, that's impossible, and yes when every or majority of them are viable, at least, on a competitive scenario.

1 hour ago, pokemonblaze234 said:

Balance is a stupid term, it's better off concentrating on making a game fun because a good amount of people don't like balanced games. *cough* CSEX and CPEX *cough*

The point of balance is to make the game more fun. No one likes not being able to main the character they want to main because that character is not tournament viable.

The reason balancing a fighting game is so difficult is that you have to keep the game fun at the same time. But if a developer sacrifices fun for balance, then they're missing the point of balance in the first place. Sadly, a lot of games do sacrifice fun for balance too much and that's how we end up with imbalanced games that are more fun to play (at least for the people who don't want to main a character who happens to be bottom tier). People put up with MvC2's atrocious balance because it was so fun to play, but imagine how much more fun it would be if everyone was as good as Sentinel.

I can't believe I'm gonna reference something I was against earlier in this topic, but what are we defining as "fun" in this case? Because that's a very subjective term for people and I'd imagine getting destroyed by a character that's blatantly imbalanced isn't going to be fun for the person on the receiving end of it.

So uh, I was playing this today, and is there a known glitch where Mu's C attacks don't animate properly, or am the first one to run into this? I'm assuming it's only for her costume #7 (the white one the one with black hair), and that they somehow forgot to color in the beams or something. I took a video just in case. I'll up it in a minute, if anyone cares.

[edit] here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PHQVZkH2y4

11 hours ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

I can't believe I'm gonna reference something I was against earlier in this topic, but what are we defining as "fun" in this case? Because that's a very subjective term for people and I'd imagine getting destroyed by a character that's blatantly imbalanced isn't going to be fun for the person on the receiving end of it.

Every game I'm good at is god's gift and every game I suck at is kusoge trash.  Please understand.  

Stay on topic. Broad convos about what constitutes "game balance" and "fun" are not on topic; discussion of (tentative conclusions because we've had arcade for all of a few days) CF's balance changes is at least in the area of on topic, but if it turns into a meandering sidequest, then I'm summoning a gazebo in attack mode to wipe the party. 

Nine has such a beautiful system to play with, I've never been so hype to play a character aside from Rachel (and Carl, before I found out he wasn't a magician :(). Such a grand character. I wonder who thought of her design.

giddy ^^ the wait for cp will be a long one!

almost forgot why I came here. Has anyone been keeping track of her spells? I saw a fish, some sort of fairy creature, a fire tornado, that really big magma storm shown in the pv that has a long windup, and that is pretty much it.

1 hour ago, TD said:

Nine has such a beautiful system to play with, I've never been so hype to play a character aside from Rachel (and Carl, before I found out he wasn't a magician :(). Such a grand character. I wonder who thought of her design.

giddy ^^ the wait for cp will be a long one!

almost forgot why I came here. Has anyone been keeping track of her spells? I saw a fish, some sort of fairy creature, a fire tornado, that really big magma storm shown in the pv that has a long windup, and that is pretty much it.

There's some type of fire skull, a glass screen that seems to counter stuff while traveling forward, a weird nature/leaf spell where she throws something looking like a brown creature on the ground and it sprouts into greenery like it's Okami or something, a tracking or aimed firestorm type thing, a triple or quadruple purple laser and finally a ritual-type thing where she places some form of glyph on you which has a clock on it and as the hand of the clock turns flames appear on the glyph (colors matching her elements) and once all 4 flames appear the entire floor explodes into energy blasts that are spaced about a char length apart from eachother and go all the way up like sword iris but darker purple and flamey and evil-looking.

21 minutes ago, Angry Guy of DE said:

What is with that family and destroying the world with meteors?

Causes of world destruction:

Black Beast

Ragna becoming Black Beast

Koko's Nukes

Koko or Nine's Astral finish

Laharl.

Tager's AH turning him into a... Oh wait, you already listed "Koko's Nukes".

So, i'm watching an a-cho recording of BBCF, and there's some good Hibiki stuff, but, in the Hibiki vs Carl matches, I noticed something; Carl no longer says nee-san (except when losing) or Ada, he says Nirvana now. I wonder if that means Ada will be freed as part of the plot, or if Carl just got over it?