kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

Just now, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Active Flow seems to reward more offensive play for the most part, so yea not getting hit or blocking.

Teching throws is very offensive?  Airdashing is offensive? I guess if it's forward? (Except ironically in this case, while it was a forward airdash, it was moving him away, because crossup.)

Just now, Airk said:

Teching throws is very offensive?  Airdashing is offensive? I guess if it's forward? (Except ironically in this case, while it was a forward airdash, it was moving him away, because crossup.)

Well thing of it as the opposite to negative penalty, which you get by backdashing and not pushing an offense. 

The weird thing is that in CP, burst gauge was supposed to regenerate faster if you were "losing" (getting hit, etc.) - though I don't think the 'formula' was ever figured out.

Is that still in CF? Because it seems weird either way.  Either you have a mechanic that refills your burst gauge for "losing" and  one that refills it for "winning" or you have a reversal of ideas about who should get their burst back first.

Though I still think it's weird that teching throws counts, either way.

Hmm, I noticed Kaqn's Naoto getting the "Attention!" prompt after getting punished for using Shift Sway, and then getting Active Flow after landing one hit and then getting Taokaka to block.

I figured since Active Flow already contributes to your burst regenerating faster, "losing" (i.e. getting hit) would contribute towards achieving Active Flow faster.

Did they get rid of the "VS, S, N, L" combo starter system? I'm seeing longer combos from most A moves which normally have a "S" combo starter rank. From one example, I saw a Plat player do a really lengthy combo off a Cat Hammer 5D CH, that's a "S" starter move right now, which severely limits the combo duration. Of course, the other possibility is that the move itself now has a "N" rank to it. 

I wouldn't put it past them seeing how the SMP system is back to how it used to be before CP (the damage scales horribly with SMP moves but the hit-stun decay isn't as severe and sometimes even negligible). Could be my imagination but I'm hoping they go back to the CS combo system. 

The combo system is still the same from CP if I recall, they just changed it that Same Move Proration on specials only affects damage and not hitstun. Cat Hammer is likely an N starter if it went on as long as you said.

Weak, hated every single change they made in CP (except OD). Oh well, I'll take new SMP system as a consolation.

I saw this floating around twitter yesterday. It would seem that Lambda has more HP than Nu now and that there is not a single character with less than 10,000 HP.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎29‎:‎56‎, Myoro said:

Honestly I never understood why a character with such good neutral and defense (plus tools for almost every matchup) even needed that much health in the first place. He had almost as much health as Kagura and Hakumen.

Just didn't make sense to me.

1 minute ago, Chaoschao222 said:

And Kokonoe had artwork in CS.

3 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

Kokonoe had artwork in CS.

Trinity confirmed playable in BB5. :v:

Amane actually doing something plot relevant other than being badgered by other characters to do something plot relevant, in not one, but what appears to be TWO instances is the real news here.

4 hours ago, oh no, he said said:

Amane actually doing something plot relevant other than being badgered by other characters to do something plot relevant, in not one, but what appears to be TWO instances is the real news here.

TFW Amane is really only doing it in an empty room because he's sorely out of practice for one dance number and as luck would have it, Takamagahara has no need for their room at the moment :v:.

I actually like the idea of this Speed Star mode. It's a neat little spin on the Survival Mode idea except rather than worrying about health loss, you need to manage your timer and the time stop mechanic of OD is much more important here than it was in actual matches. If nothing else, it's yet another time sink mode for those who are looking for something to do whenever they get tired of playing other people and/or play BB solely for the single player content.

Nobody knows, but she appears to be the likely candidate given Act I's endings, the lines in this PV, and Yukana being a guest in the next BuruRaji