kosmos badgirl

[CF] Blazblue CENTRAL FICTION: News and Gameplay Discussion

2 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

Can't be a CF arcade boss unless you can lift yo' leg real high above your head.

Can't be a Blazblue Arcade boss unless you lift your legs really high...

35 minutes ago, SixWingedAngel said:

...dude

And on this day, Chun Li gained a new rival in Izanami, a spry young thing with an almost unnatural ability to move her slender legs in the most deadly of angles...

Impressions...:

On paper Izanami is hitting a lot of the flags and buzzwords I associate with a character that will be very powerful. I understand that that doesn't mean jack until we see it in action against real play, but still it has me getting more and more hype for her.

I wonder if her ground moves when used in float mode are going to hit high. I imagine it varies from move to move if some in-fact can, but I wonder what kinds of new situations will come from that. I already have some cute ideas about using projectile sprites to hide the float sigil and using 3C or something for an ambiguous high/low. Depending on how it is triggered, time stop is probably going to yield some sick oki shenanigans. (It kinda looked like a counter super in the trailer, but I'm hearing reports it's not??)

Regardless, Izanami looks fun to play. Much much more fun than I initially thought Nine looked. Usually that doesn't translate well into fun to fight/block, but as with all things time will tell.

For now, sign me up.

There we go >_>"

Im so hype for izanami, I mea her design to me is obviously one of the best (I do like my deity characters alot). Her playstyle looks nice and that floating aspect makes it even more hype considering I love marvel esque flight movement. Cant wait for the 28th. I really want to be ready for her when she comes to console :3

I'm also wondering if that float is duration based or ends when an input is used or a move recovers.

If it's duration based that'd potentially be interesting for OS's, as a change in state from floating grounded to aerial would prolly auto-cancel the floating grounded move making it safe, and afterwords she could throw out an aerial that would be made safe upon landing. That tertiary state of being exclusive to her has the potential to let all sorts of nutty interactions happen I think. Can't wait to have more details on it.

I'm willing to bet you can air-throw her during her float though. I do wonder about things like Bullet's 41236C on her while she's doing a floating crouching move. As when she gets hit out of her float it'll mean she'll be, in all likeliness, an aerial untech state I think stuff that whiffs crouching will still work, however this is BB and weird things have been known to fly here. Various other questions come to mind, like even if they do not hit high, will float normals be head attribute and whiff on anti-airs? 28th can't come fast enough! 'w'

1 minute ago, Myoro said:

I also wondering if that float is duration based or ends when an input is used or a move recovers.

If it's duration based that'd potentially be interesting for OS's, as a change in state from floating grounded to aerial would prolly auto-cancel the floating grounded move making it safe, and afterwords she could throw out an aerial that would be made safe upon landing. That tertiary state of being exclusive to her has the potential to let all sorts of nutty interactions happen I think. Can't wait to have more details on it.

I guess they would put a bar near the Heat gauge showing the duration of her float, it would be pretty good for the players to check their time instead of counting every second and even losing the match. It is true, also, that we get a backfire of the opponent knowing the time too.

About her floating grounded attacks, I have saw something rather similar from this mechanic, Bayonetta has something similar to that (both in her original game and Smash), but at the same time, Izanami is way better, because she stay still in the air, a nice touch, actually!

6 hours ago, Naotomato said:

Inb4 the last character is Alpha or Cat man.

There's those 2, the Black Beast itself, Dark Susanoo or maybe even Amaterasu. As for Izanami, she looks great. 

Ehm, just a question. Will Izanami be actually playable on the 28. this time or will we be waiting another month for that?

About Izanami. Mori heared my prayers and made me an early birthday present. She looks awesome and I love that DD
where she just goes DBZ on the enemy <3

Edited by Juraya
Forgot to add some things

2 hours ago, Juraya said:

Ehm, just a question. Will Izanami be actually playable on the 28. this time or will we be waiting another month for that?

EDIT: nope turns out I am wrong. Thank you Tokkan

Specials:
Float - Input "Jump" in midair
-> Float Cancel - Input "Jump" while floating
Tengai no Hi - 41236C (chargeable)
Tourai no Hoko - 214A or B
Gaihou no Geki - 236A
Renge no Kai - j.63214B
Jiai no Yuu - 63214C
Mujuu no Tate - 623B
-> Mujuu no Gou - 623B during Mujuu no Tate
Shizuku - 41236D (chargeable)
Araragi - 63214D (chargeable / can manipulate by pressing 2 or 8 while charging)

Distortion Drives:
Hazen no Kui - 236236B
Kyomu no Koku - 214214C
Jindou no Koku - 720A (consumes 100 meter)

In normal mode her C attacks have followups when pressing C again. In Magatama mode she loses the followup C attacks and the ability to block but in their place gains 4D, 2D and 6D as projectile attacks. 5D switches between modes. Exceed Accel is called "Nayuta <Arc Drive>".

34 minutes ago, Tokkan said:

Specials:
Float - Input "Jump" in midair
-> Float Cancel - Input "Jump" while floating
Tengai no Hi - 41236C (chargeable)
Tourai no Hako - 214A or B
Gaihou no Geki - 236A
Renge no Kai - j.63214B
Jiai no Yuu - 63214C
Mujuu no Tate - 623B
-> Mujuu no Gou - 623B during Mujuu no Tate
Shizuku - 41236D (chargeable)
Araragi - 63214D (chargeable / can manipulate by pressing 2 or 8 while charging)

Distortion Drives:
Hazen no Kui - 236236B
Kyomu no Koku - 214214C
Jindou no Koku - 720A (consumes 100 meter)

In normal mode her C attacks have followups when pressing C again. In Magatama mode she loses the followup C attacks and the ability to block but in their place gains 4D, 2D and 6D as projectile attacks. 5D switches between modes. Exceed Accel is called "Nayuta <Arc Drive>".

Thank you so much!~

Ok, I'm done! I edited my Evernote with the new information, Fix somethings & Little typos :< Also I'm a little confused with Shizuku & Araragi but I'll wait for more information and Footage of it, But I'm pretty sure that I didn't mess up the inputs from those two moves, It had me confused when it said they were charge-able o-o
Any ways : -Read Here-