Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chzchan

[CF] Tsubaki Yayoi Speculation Thread

Tap charge rate is doubled so 0.2 per tap. Charge cancelling normals and specials yield 0.25 and 0.5 respectively just like before. In the process of finding out held charge rate from shakycam recording.

2C lost its ridiculously long head invuln. She can now be hit by air moves in the recovery of 2C so oh well.

Still no crossup hitbox on any of her air normals. Tested this thoroughly, but I didn't expect much.

22B/D can be easily mashed out of by AA-structured jabs, but that is to be expected. 22D moves Tsubaki quite the distance forward and will make upbackers block in the air as it has an actually decent hitbox structure. Very very fun to use after doing ghetto 421A projectile pressure reset at the right distance since Tsubaki's leap will bring her back into the opponent's face.

Ending with standard followup 22B out of a BnB allows you to catch forward roll with 2A/2B if you don't charge cancel the ender. I would suggest not doing so most of the time since she is rolling in charges compared to her CP iteration.

You can cancel j.236D into j.D after floating a bit and j.D has almost no landing recovery.

Thinking of this a bit more,  if 6b is faster now,  what do we get off it on normal and counter hit?  Because there might be uses for this in footsies after a fashion,  against characters who have those annoying low profile moves that make 5b really awkward. 

It hasn't changed I am pretty sure. If you get a CH with it close range and go into 6BB, you can followup with 236A midscreen since 6BB will bounce them up a bit before sending them away if I remember correctly. No longer will you have to actually confirm into 5A after 6B hahaha.

I don't think it is fast enough to be used as a poke.

11 hours ago, Zouf said:

Startup is probably 17f, unless they changed the attack level of 5B

So yeah, it's still slow.

It looks faster than that, but everything looks fast in this game. x.x

At 27 seconds, 5CC is a fatal counter? WTF?

Welp, I guess 5CC frametraps are meaner now? x.x

Doesn't seem like a very useful FC, really, but I guess in certain circumstances you might be able to punish something with 5C [whiff]5CC, but unless 5CC also has saucy proration, you'd probably have been better off just doing 6C or something.  Or heck, 3C[FC]

5CC FC could have been a good addition if doing charge cancel > 6C worked after it, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case, so good luck confirming it into anything juicy cause I doubt just auto-piloting into 6B will get you a good FC-worthy combo.

Still, time will tell.

2 hours ago, chzchan said:

Well it increases the combo damage by 20% so there's at least that.

Right, but unless you can find a clever way to land it in a situation where you wouldn't be able to land 3C...

I think 5CC has a much better proration than 3C in CF. As I could see they nerfed 3C proration now we can combo for free on it.

Still, I don't see myself landing a 5CC counter raw. You have to find a way to make your 5C whiffs, which will be near impossible most of the time.

Oh well, I guess it's still better than 22[D] lol

12 hours ago, chzchan said:

Well it increases the combo damage by 20% so there's at least that.

It does? Is this something new for FC's in general? I know CH increases damage by 10% but that's only for the first hit isn't it? Or is it like AF and it counts for the rest of the combo?

12 hours ago, Zouf said:

I think 5CC has a much better proration than 3C in CF. As I could see they nerfed 3C proration now we can combo for free on it.

Still, I don't see myself landing a 5CC counter raw. You have to find a way to make your 5C whiffs, which will be near impossible most of the time.

Oh well, I guess it's still better than 22[D] lol

Dunno, there were a couple of things you could punish with 22[D];  But yeah. 5CC is going to be really hard to hit with as anything other than a "haha, you were a dumbass and pushed a button" frame trap thing.

4 hours ago, Daedron said:

It does? Is this something new for FC's in general? I know CH increases damage by 10% but that's only for the first hit isn't it? Or is it like AF and it counts for the rest of the combo?

I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure the damage numbers stayed red during a CH when I played. I can just double check next time or just from match videos.

I must admit I'm really enjoying the way Tsubaki's combos are looking in CF. Her new special is looking like it might be a bit more useful than I initially thought. Its great that we get another overhead option besides 6A.

As expected, 3CC got nerfed

6A dealing 800 raw damage is funny though

Most normals raw damage got buffed, but some proration got lowered. All in all, it's pretty much the same.

Well I can say i'm impressed by her new move. I cannot see any weakness in it, it is all she needed as a rushdown character.

She looks really strong this time around. I wouldn't be surprised if she's considered top or at least A tier.

I just don't like her new j.214C that wallbounce the opponent. Sometimes you get behind him and you end up yourself in the corner.. This is stupid.