Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chzchan

[CF] Tsubaki Yayoi Speculation Thread

I'm surprised and confused I haven't seen more people mashing out of Tsu-Hammer.  Maybe they sped it up? I dunno.  She does seem really solid at this point.  Damage maybe a little low, but hopefully will catch up as tech evolves.  And if the worst thing wrong with a character is "damage is a little low' that seems pretty good.

Considering how easy charges are to get in this version, I wouldn't say her damage is that low if you compare it to other characters. Her chargeless damage is only slightly lower than what she was getting in CPEX and her damage with multiple charges seems greater.

Yeah, the other characters doesn't deal so much damage either. The overall damage seems lower in this version, but only by a few hundreds, so whatever.

Anyway she only received buffs, and the new system is really a blessing for her gameplay.

The fact Kuresu is so into her cannot be a coincidence ! 

5 hours ago, Zouf said:

Yeah, the other characters doesn't deal so much damage either. The overall damage seems lower in this version, but only by a few hundreds, so whatever.

Anyway she only received buffs, and the new system is really a blessing for her gameplay.

Technically not ONLY buffs, since they did remove the LOLtacular infinite head invuln on 2C (which I almost suspect was a typo. ;P) but yeah.  Slews of buffs relative to minor negative changes.

Tsuhammer fixes so much stuff.

5 hours ago, Zouf said:

See, I think that the potential for damage if you have the right resources or get the right confirm is great especially with the damage multipliers in the new system mechanics, removal of SMP combo timer reduction, and increased base damage of stuff. I don't think that you can just randomly into damage anymore if you spend nothing but that could change as people figure more things out.

Overall damages were lowered because AF gives +10% damage

She can still deal a decent amount using install gauges though. But she struggles to reach 4k

@Airk : well 2B/6B/Hammer buffs are strong. Also i suspect that 236D has a much faster startup, but i'm not sure about this one.

Oh yeah that's what I mean. Active Flow is a resource that would contribute to potential damage though I guess instead of resources/confirms/etc I should just say conditions. You won't have AF all the time, you won't always get a CH/FC for the extra 10%/20% and whatnot. In Tsubaki's case I can't say that she won't have charges all the time because she really does get them like nothing in CF, so having slightly lower unconditional chargeless damage does not bother me one bit.

As for 236D, it did not feel faster to me when I was messing around, but if the startup only changed slightly it could be hard to tell.

Am I crazy or does 236D has less blowback now? (Or, to put it another way "It looked easier to follow up")

It definitely is easier to follow up, I noticed it too. Also, on counter hit, it has a huge hitstop on the opponent. I wonder if you can follow it up with 6CC. It might be possible now. It needs to be tested

On 11/29/2015 at 5:43 AM, chzchan said:

Gotta admit that being able to pick up with 2A after j.236A > j.214X is pretty cool. I thought you'd only be able to do it off of starting with 623C, but you can do it in the air as well. Don't have to spend a stock to continue an air combo on the ground anymore.

Okay, so how come I don't see ANYONE doing this anywhere?

I think 5B hitbox got extended downward some more near the shield area. I'd like to see how it goes up against other normals that have been able to low profile 5B for the longest time as this could just be Kokonoe's hitbox getting nerfed.

5Bgod.jpg

5Bgod2.jpg

That would please me. I HATE that stupid 2A.  That said, I think at certain times during 2A and 5B, this could already happen, so it may not represent a change.

Heck, if we go back to the CSE hitbox data, we see that 5B used to hit below the shield already. Not as far as it looks like in that screenshot, but Kokonoe's hitboxes are unknown.

So I have a question that maybe someone more analytical has figured out.

Sometimes after 22D, I see people doing 3CC, sometimes 2CC, and sometimes 5CC;  Any idea why the variation?

All of them really end up doing around the same damage and get the same knockdown so they really do whatever they want. Each of the Japanese players have their own habitual air string and launcher string (at least off of an N starter) that they are comfortable with and just kind of stick to it. I am pretty sure that using 3CC is the optimal route but from what I have seen, it barely increases damage.

Next random question; All of a sudden I seem to see people doing a lot of tk j.214D (or maybe other buttons?) and I have NO IDEA WHY.  Thoughts anyone? It seems like a really risky thing to try unless there's something weird going on...

On 2/12/2016 at 3:56 PM, chzchan said:

All of them really end up doing around the same damage and get the same knockdown so they really do whatever they want. Each of the Japanese players have their own habitual air string and launcher string (at least off of an N starter) that they are comfortable with and just kind of stick to it. I am pretty sure that using 3CC is the optimal route but from what I have seen, it barely increases damage.

It's proration based from what I could tell.  5CC is almost guaranteed to combo, 5C to 2CC won't connect if heavily prorated.  I miss 50% of 3CC so I almost never go for that.  Not sure why I miss though.

On 2/24/2016 at 6:48 AM, Airk said:

You can be the judge. It happens a couple of times in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSWvEW5wDKY    and I've seen it some other places as well.

I see it first happening at 6:54.  It's not the D version but I have no idea why he does that.  Might be an input error?  He may have wanted 214B there?

Yeah, I'm guessing "input error" but this isn't the first player I've seen doing it, so I was/am confused.  (I believe I saw it a couple of times in here

)

Fuzzy guard setup off of followup hammer in the works. You can do it out of either a standing combo as a reset or out of pressure using a charge for hammer.

If you RC the followup 22B and the opponent doesn't block it you can pick up with 2A into a simple air combo. If you RC 22D you cna pick up with whatever you want lol.