Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

someonewhodied

[CF] Nu-13 Loketest Discussion.

I'm actually blind, someone else pointed out to me that its actually a move that was set up before, like a mu12 stein. Thats cool.

http://www.blazblue.jp/cf/images/playguide.pdf

Nu lost Spike Chaser. Lambda still has it though.

In it's place she has Luminous Slave(?). 

Exceed Accel is called "True Impreza".

Any idea on whether or now Lambda can charge or shorten spike chaser now? 

Also, any details on Luminous Slave or its function?

Any idea on whether or now Lambda can charge or shorten spike chaser now? 

Also, any details on Luminous Slave or its function?

I thought Luminous Slave was that sword that came out as she did Act parser in the trailer.

Nu

Sends out a black orb above her head that pulsates for a bit, then shoots out a sword (downwards?)

Can also quickly (about the speed as regular D moves) shoot a sword from above her head, sword shoots angled downwards.

j214D is a lot slower. Can feint. Can airdash-cancel forwards/backwards when you feint.

From the CF thread.

Interesting. Extremely happy that the semi-useless crescent airdash is back but curious as to how much slower crescent is. That would make delay crescent really, really slow. 

Still wondering why they removed Spike Chaser...

Possibly because she was able to lock the opponent down extremely well with the use of her swords and gravity well alone. They may have felt she didn't really need spike chaser to win in her current form. 

I'm sure whatever her new move does will enable her to combo efficiently.  

the problem is the loss of midscreen combos and the start of a lot of corner ones. of course a 2DD>6C gatling would fix all of the issues i have with losing spike chaser (an crescent that we can combo after) but whatever.

They just had to take away a move that we use in every combo.

Nu (Yoshiki, Koyatsu and Kiyoshi tweets)

1)

Can now Crescent cancel->Act Parser normally

Gravity required to combo/get a knockdown after Supra. Can't do either without it.

Air summoner recovery is atrocious

N-version Luminous has about same startup as Spike Chaser, C-version is fast, H-version is the one in the PV.

Homing performance is the same as Mu's bits

In general, most of the existing combos which don't use Spike Chaser still work.

2)

Completely forgot: ν's Exceed Accel

Shoots a super high speed sword that flies from point-blank to Lambda 5D distance (invuln until active frames). On hit, goes into super flash and does Gil's Gate of Babylon from behind the opponent

3)

Played with Nu at the BBCF loctest

・Air Summoner recovery more or less doubled. You can act again after the recovery though (including air dash)

・Luminous in all form is sort of slow. At the present, it doesn't go in any combos or provide any pressure.

・N Sickle floats a little more, making it much less likely to miss your pickups. In OD, even forward Act Parser>5B works

4)

BBCF Nu continued

・At the moment, Exceed Accel is just for combos. Would have been better if they made the trajectory like 4D

・Making them block Summoners gets you into Active Flow. It gets activated surprisingly easily

That's about it

Not much change in how you'd use the normals. The worst part is probably the air Summoner recovery increase.

5)

Spike is gone, you can only combo off Supra with cancel Gravity, and Gravity gauge got longer. Not sure about the rest. Forgot to check Crescent stuff. Charged Luminous comes out when you press D even while barrier guarding.

From CF thread. Things don't look good I guess. Her new move doesn't seem useful based on this info. Dat air recovery. Sounds rough.

the problem is the loss of midscreen combos and the start of a lot of corner ones. of course a 2DD>6C gatling would fix all of the issues i have with losing spike chaser (an crescent that we can combo after) but whatever.

They just had to take away a move that we use in every combo.

If they took out one of her main combo tools then they will have re-tooled her so she can still combo effectively.Can't say I can picture what her new combo's will look like though.

Does anyone know whether Nu is considered "strong" in CPEX or "OP"? I get the impression that she isn't considered broken by any means, so I wouldn't expect ArcSys to try and weaken her in the new version.   

Everyone except the top level things shes OP

The top thinks shes "very strong" but not "top".

But yoshiki has stayed at the top so that may make them wanna nerf nu.

Everyone except the top level things shes OP

The top thinks shes "very strong" but not "top".

But yoshiki has stayed at the top so that may make them wanna nerf nu.

You forgot to mention that most Nu mains think/know she's not OP as well 

I'd have to agree, it's just nice to see her strong again. Lambda/Nu hasn't been good enough to be worth using at tournaments since CT. I think I only saw Nu once during CP, and Yoshiki didn't do all that well. Even though I prefer watching Lambda I'm happy enough watching Nu :)

Cp was a blast for nu, the most fun and free style with mode cancel. If she's comes out terrible isnt that a good thing then she be awesome in cf extend. And if its the final game ot makes it better.

I have a feeling they "nerfed" her because of how non-interactive she can be with the whole full screen shenanigans. Even though zoning exists, they don't want characters that have it to be too strong with it. Without Spike Chaser, you'll have to guess correctly more often now to get the other player to stop.

Aside from CP, Lambda has been pretty strong after her CT days. I remember Severin taking Lambda to top 8 in Evo. He lost to a Carl unfortunately. Then there was Yoshiki with the mode change Nu. Lambda in BBCS wasn't exactly bad or anything. As the game evolved she got better with each iteration with some people considering her S tier at one point (an old tier list or sorts) because her oki was really strong in the right hands (dat 17f overhead) and her damage was high as well.

Since there are going to be more iterations of the loketest, it's possible they will make more positive changes. Either way I'll use her and main her because I still find her enjoyable to play.

Well, they changed 4d back to slower startup like it was before, they increased recovery on gravity, and it sounds like the new move isn't as good as spike chaser for just handling approaches.

Also the recovery on air drives will make it punishing to whiff em. so autopilot should be greatly reduced. These changes aren't even about tier list rankings IMO.  They need a different way to make her strong than the way she is strong in CP. 

But it's clearly work in progress, apparently not even possible to follow up corner throws without spike chaser

yea without spike chaser nu gets no reward off of her punish tools.

6B counterhit? Nothing

6C fatal? Nothing

236[D] Fatal? Okay we get a simple drive combo.

I'm gonna miss fast 4D but i can live with that. I just want 4B back.