Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

someonewhodied

[CF] Nu-13 Loketest Discussion.

I must be missing something, why would recovery need to be longer on whiffed air drives? Both Nu and Lambda have massive recovery on whiffed drives already, why make it even longer?

iabd drives make them really hard to punish on whiff. And it seems like blazblue is trying to be ground based again instead of "typical anime" where everything is DBZ air battles

Can't they just return her to CP1 already ;_;

iabd drives make them really hard to punish on whiff. And it seems like blazblue is trying to be ground based again instead of "typical anime" where everything is DBZ air battles

Does this mean that Persona is DBZ?

Yeah, whiffed air drives will cause you to eat a full combo against someone who knows what they're doing, so I can't see it getting much worse nor do I understand why they felt they needed to make it any worse. Of course, this is the first loketest, and at this point we usually see things far more outrageous than more lag on whiffed drives.

I'm confident things will end up fine, even if it looks bad now. 

How is other character change in comparisob to Nu? For example the overly used Ragna who keep getting stronger every patch?  Do they really want 30% of the players based to choose the same character?

If you are interested in other characters changes, please go to their forums to find out. This thread is for v-13 specific changes in the loketest only. Thank you.

SKD has posted his impressions of all the characters based on the recently held closed loketest. Although he prefaces it with "Everyone not name Izayoi I only have a general idea", if his opinion is anything to go by, it's not looking good. See for yourself (Nu is all the way on the bottom).

As expected, with loss of spike chaser space control is down. Apparently combo rate is also down, sickle storm only staggers now (Not necessarily bad), and j.2D's angle is much steeper.

http://www.teamstickbug.com/2015/08/26/skds-closed-loketest-bbcf-info-and-impressions-writeup/

sickle storm only staggers now (Not necessarily bad)

Actually, the fact that it staggers means that it doesn't blow the opponent back anymore soooooo........ you can't blow them away from you anymore to create space ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Actually, the fact that it staggers means that it doesn't blow the opponent back anymore soooooo........ you can't blow them away from you anymore to create space ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

If it has the ability to be followed up a-la CT Rachel's 5C, it may have other utility - especially if 236[D] functions as it does now.

Has anyone viewed the following gameplay footage of the closed loketest, just posted today? https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=92&v=jOlT9BS5FMc

I believe SKD might have errored. If you skip to about 9:05 you'll see Nu using 236D~C which does indeed only stagger now. However, if you take note at about 9:21 you'll see a grounded 236D floor the opponent (In addition, there are at least one or two additional examples where 236[D] functions as it does in CPEX).

While its hard to tell perhaps it could be argued that the space it creates "Isn't as much" as it is in CPEX but that's definitely not a stagger - it's creating space much like it does today. I believe SKD might have been confusing 236D~C with 236D, as the latter seems to be untouched based on the above footage. Thoughts on that? 

oop, yeah. hits at ranges where 236D wouldnt combo ended up with a very limited combo thanks to the stagger. Someone asked me on twitter about it, not sure if it was one of you guys, but my impression was that 236[D] was the one that launched, but i guess it was also 236D.

Ah, I see. There were a few of us that weren't sure it was 236D or 236[D] as well. Well, that clears that bit up at least.

It looked like Gravity Seed recharge may have been slightly nerfed, just from a visual observation.

It looked like Gravity Seed recharge may have been slightly nerfed, just from a visual observation.

It is(and HAD to be) nerfed, what I want to know is how does this effect her combos

seeing as 214D is another cancel move like gravity now, theres probably a lot that can be done still.

No spike chaser hurts damage though.

It's nice that it can be cancelled into (214D~C - 214A), Can 214D be cancelled out of into other moves as gravity seed could, as well? (i.e. 214A -5C etc.) We might not have that sort of information yet but nonetheless, good to note.

It's nice that it can be cancelled into (214D~C - 214A), Can 214D be cancelled out of into other moves as gravity seed could, as well? (i.e. 214A -5C etc.) We might not have that sort of information yet but nonetheless, good to note.

No, it can not

Is it true that Nu can't do 5DD > 6DD > 5DD > 6DD anymore?

5dd>4dd>5dd>4dd?  I heard it can't at least according to the translated notes in the news forum.  not sure if its only on hit or they reduced our reps back to 3. so 5dd>4dd>5dd works additional links apparently doesnt

5dd>4dd>5dd>4dd?  I heard it can't at least according to the translated notes in the news forum.  not sure if its only on hit or they reduced our reps back to 3. so 5dd>4dd>5dd works additional links apparently doesnt

Yea, only 3 now

Yeah I meant 5DD> 4DD, my bad. If removal of that diversifies her strategies then I'm down with it, I'm just hoping she isn't nerfed to crap overall. 

Yeah I meant 5DD> 4DD, my bad. If removal of that diversifies her strategies then I'm down with it, I'm just hoping she isn't nerfed to crap overall. 

imo, It really doesn't affect her that much, only for some confirms, but you can still go into air drive a different way.

But overall, she's fine, lol