KayEff

[CF] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

What's the verdict on Ragna's 2D in the final version? I heard it may or may not have been a low during one of the loketests. If it still is a low, then finally we have some decent way of discouraging up-backing. If it's not a low, at least we can get more pressure off of a long ranged 5B/5C on block.

Also, how does the new "not Belial" edge work in terms of combos? I have yet to see any footage of someone actually comboing after it. And it terms of oki, I can't tell if it's better to do the follow up or not, even in the corner.

2D is confirmed to be a mid in the final version yes.

As for Nightmare Edge, its primarily used as a combo ender, but I do see players experimenting using it for things like crossups and TKing for combo filler. 

Tora, the player that tweeted out damage and proration values for Ragna in BBCF, recently tweeted an updated list. Several proration errors in the original list have been fixed, and the damage values for Yoko Fukitobashi and the damage and proration values for Ragna's Exceed Accel "Seed of Tartarus" are now included. The list at the end of the opening post has now been updated with these changes.

Yeah, it's been that way since the third location test. The opening post has all the noted changes thus far, but if you notice anything that hasn't been listed, don't hesitate to mention it.

On 9/10/2016 at 5:55 AM, Verimeloni said:

is C divider very short starter now?

Yes, the best combo I could squeeze out of it meterless was:

Corner - 623C (first hit only) > 236C > 236C > 5B > 2C > 6A > hjc j.D > dj j.D > 214C > 214D. 1730 Damage.

It's important that you only hit with the first hit on 623C, otherwise the rest of the combo won't work. Just cancel into 236C the moment before the second hit on 623C connects, of course.

It also can work if you only connect with the second hit instead of the first hit using the move as an anti-air, but it can be very persnickety depending on your spacing from the opponent horizontally AND vertically.

Glad it's not just me, rip 623C < 5B < 214B. SKD was tinkering around a few days ago and managed to get around 4.2k with OD but I still don't think it's worth it.

Anyway I've been incorporating TK Nightmare Edge in my gameplan for stuff like throwbaits, and it's worked decently so far.