Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Djqubil

[CF] Yuuki Terumi Speculation Thread

I think it's deceptively fast because of the animation. Half of it is that windup that has so little animation, then the other half is suddenly snake-powered forehead murder. Kind of similar to Hazama's 6A and 6B.

I don't care what it's official name is, we are calling it snake-powered forehead murder from now on.

I think it's deceptively fast because of the animation. Half of it is that windup that has so little animation, then the other half is suddenly snake-powered forehead murder. Kind of similar to Hazama's 6A and 6B.

I like that name.

But what about his Exceed Accel move, where he summons snakes from the depths of hell?  :v:

With this new OH can we get a DD where he just bashes his head against the opponent over and over again?

Terumi's new overhead is a special move, command is 214C. This explains why he didn't get that much heat despite the visual effect.

Terumi's new overhead is a special move, command is 214C. This explains why he didn't get that much heat despite the visual effect.

At least is not 236C, considering that we have a 6C and 41236C that would be a great execution disaster. And it means that you can do it after 3C :v:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, j.2D got a bigger canceling window only for supers or for specials too?

At least is not 236C, considering that we have a 6C and 41236C that would be a great execution disaster. And it means that you can do it after 3C :v:

Speaking of 6C can they let us cancel into stomps and supers. Please?! :(

Speaking of 6C can they let us cancel into stomps and supers. Please?! :(

We can combo into stomps on CH and if we got  meter we rapid to continue the combo

cancel properties on 6C wont change much

Yeah, 6C is fine as it is. The rewards for hitting it are pretty good as is when considering the rest of Terumi's character. 

If anything, I'd just want them to adjust the stun/bounce on lvl3 stomps. It feels pretty inconsistent on some of it's follow ups and the window for dashing to snakebite is pretty tight. Maybe this just shows my lack of ability when it comes to this, but not even just plain 6C after the bounce always feels guaranteed on some chars. I just want a bit more consistency, and whether that adjustment needs to be in the game or in myself, who knows. 

Otherwise, unless they absolutely ruin him more than he has, I think that headbutt has already helped Terumi enough to where we're back to being a real character.

Yeah, 6C is fine as it is. The rewards for hitting it are pretty good as is when considering the rest of Terumi's character.

If anything, I'd just want them to adjust the stun/bounce on lvl3 stomps. It feels pretty inconsistent on some of it's follow ups and the window for dashing to snakebite is pretty tight. Maybe this just shows my lack of ability when it comes to this, but not even just plain 6C after the bounce always feels guaranteed on some chars. I just want a bit more consistency, and whether that adjustment needs to be in the game or in myself, who knows.

Otherwise, unless they absolutely ruin him more than he has, I think that headbutt has already helped Terumi enough to where we're back to being a real character.

22c has been pretty consistent for me. The only thing that really bugs me about stomps is how badly 5c can screw you over on stomps in corner combos due to how long 5C takes to animate.

True. I think the overhead being special cancellable would be the best buff. But even if it's only super cancellable, we'll get good damage off messenga mid-screen and stomp super in the corner.
Hey, fame96. Are you a fellow Zato-main from Xrd? Could have sworn I've seen you on netplay. Terumi to Zato quite a different character archetype though.

True. I think the overhead being special cancellable would be the best buff. But even if it's only super cancellable, we'll get good damage off messenga mid-screen and stomp super in the corner.

Hey, fame96. Are you a fellow Zato-main from Xrd? Could have sworn I've seen you on netplay. Terumi to Zato quite a different character archetype though.

yea i use zato in xrd. That was the first game is decided to use a puppet because i legitlly liked using him. I would use relius here but i don't really like how he works here.

I'll start by saying these changes are unconfirmed, like test tweet translations I've found. With that said

https://twitter.com/ImtheSeo/status/622244130836586497

5D range buffed and 6C better on block

https://twitter.com/TechKami/status/622236610902532101

Combos do same damage, but shorter

I'll be scouring Twitter for a while and I'll post more as I find an

I'll start by saying these changes are unconfirmed, like test tweet translations I've found. With that said

https://twitter.com/ImtheSeo/status/622244130836586497

5D range buffed and 6C better on block

https://twitter.com/TechKami/status/622236610902532101

Combos do same damage, but shorter

I'll be scouring Twitter for a while and I'll post more as I find an

Now the fear of having even a worst 236D is filling my brain. But those nerfs look senseless.

The combos being shorter but having the same damage can be better or worse depending on the Heat gain.

6C better on block doesn't seem like a big change but it's nice to have

Might be like vanilla and certain ranges with it are safe but even then, that's minimal

I think overhead been confirmed to be 214C. Also it doesn't have drive properties, in the trailer it gave Terumi 8 heat and Ragna 5 heat, so it doesn't have the usual effect.

We got translations!

Terumi:

- 5D's tip is back? Though hitting them at the tip doesn't lead to Jagaku.

- Jagaku's slam does not occur if you hit them while they're crouching?

- 6C is less negative on block.

- B Burensen is changed; cannot be followed up? More info needed.

- The new special is the overhead from the trailer; can probably be only canceled with RC or into DDs.

- B Burensen's wall-bounce seems to have been given to Hazama.

- Garengeki is impossible to follow up in the corner?

- It's impossible to escape from Terumi's pressure. If the opponent Barriers, you can reset the pressure with 6B or a jump, and it might be possible to mash jabs to discourage them from jumping away.

- Jagaku can no longer connect into DDs.

- Third level of Garengeki blows the opponent really far away, so it's going to take a while to figure out what to do with it.

- Seems like you can cancel into Exceed Accel from anything.

- It seems like you can cancel B Burensen during the stomp.

- Jagaku's recovery has been increased.

- 2D is faster now.

- New move, 4D; he kicks up some sand, hits low. Since 2D is faster now, you can keep the pressure going by using it after a blocked 4D.

- 6C's last hit wall-bounces and can be followed up easily.

- 6D now deals about 4 hits?

We lost some stuff but gained 6C as a combo tool. I don't think they're trying to buff or nerf him, but make him very very different from 2.0. Not sure how I feel about everything so far.

If anything, it feels like they want to make him less dependent on DDs, which is good in my book.

I think this is for the better now, since it looks like now Terumi can pressure even more easily and have a mix-up to use. 2D being faster, 6C being less negative on block  and having 4D as an another low attack makes him look better for now. 

Wait to see what 4D is before you get too excited for it.

Jagaku not slamming crouching opponents makes no sense to me. Do they just sit there in hitstun or is it now unsafe on hit?