Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheLaughingJackal

Would any one be intersted in a beginner's guide to every charecter in bbcpex?

Ever since BBCPEX was released in the U.S i've been intensely studying it to the point where im confident i can help beginners adjust to their characters and give them tips on how to play. I want to do this to help the bb community grow or encourage people to try new characters and different playstyles. All I would ask is if anyone would be intrested in these guides and for which character guides do people need the most?

If you think you're able to do a good enough job explaining what each character is capable of, then by all means, go for it. The more people we can get to join the FGC, the better.

It can't possibly hurt to have these guides.

I'm sure plenty of people, myself included, would be willing to lend a hand with their own knowledge if there's anything you're ever unsure of.

Good luck making your guides, if you decide to do so.

I still think it'd be cool if the community came together and made character breakdowns and tutorials for each character. I'm not sure what the interest level is, but I know I would be interested in contributing.

I still think it'd be cool if the community came together and made character breakdowns and tutorials for each character. I'm not sure what the interest level is, but I know I would be interested in contributing.

This

It would be nice to able able to get into your character in an easier way instead of going around looking for info, asking people and whatnot(It could get annoying) compared to a guide.

I'd help

I specifically would like a guide on Celica myself, as the game mentioned that some of her drives have special properties, but it never really elaborated on it, making me wonder why one wouldn't just 2D-2D-2D all the time :S

I specifically would like a guide on Celica myself, as the game mentioned that some of her drives have special properties, but it never really elaborated on it, making me wonder why one wouldn't just 2D-2D-2D all the time :S

So they wouldn't get punished

So they wouldn't get punished

Yeah, but I figured (or hoped, should I say) the recovery is not the only advantage to using the other D moves. If I'm wrong (chances are I am), feel free to correct me though. 

Well, the problem is that 1.Not everyone is qualified to give advice and 2.A lot of people who are don't seem interested.  In Relius land we're very fortunate to have a very well written thread thanks to Lich, but IDK if every character has such a thing.

I've heard airdash academy, something that tried to do something similar, get panned for lack of credentials/accuracy. If we were to start something like that we should have an open script that can be edited by the community to buff out any misinformation. Between the all of us we ought to be able to put something great together.

He DID say "beginner's guide" folks.  This isn't gonna be some crazy advanced tactics thing.

Unfortunately, I find most "beginner's guides" don't really teach you much beyond what you get out of the ingame tutorial.  But hey, more content about the game is more content.  But you'd better get cracking, or you're going to be releasing this guide right around when they announce "Hey, here's the release date for the next version of this game."

Thank you guys for your feedback on the matter, I didn't think I would get this much support and of course I am open to suggestions on to which characters desperately need guides.

I have the terumi guide in the progress of being finished. I have the breakdown of his normals, specials, and supers along with a basic overview. The guide should be finished by thursday. It is in the terumi character forums.

Since your doing terumi I might as well do my favorite character hazama or should I continue with the so called low tier characters?

Better do it for the charaters you know the most.

I'm going to start working on a Lambda strategy guide sometime this week, but I wanted to ask, would beginners be put off by a massive wall of text when it comes to learning a character?

I'm going to start working on a Lambda strategy guide sometime this week, but I wanted to ask, would beginners be put off by a massive wall of text when it comes to learning a character?

That depends on the person, even when I was a total beginner reading a lot was the way for me to learn before testing.