Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Bullet Loketest Changes and Discussion

5D red lock feels like it could go both ways. The invuln and size of the lock on circle can make this a strong tool in neutral if it hits but the fact that it's always negative now and they changed it in this loketest so that you land within her 5A range for blocked Red Lock drives means we'll be in a bad position if they block it.

Also, I think the change to the damage we get from the 6A combo probably has more to do with ASW toning down combos a bit in general in CF but I'd have to wait for release and for people to optimize stuff to confirm that.

The new loketest is upon us, and apparently, 3C is now a Fatal Counter.

Some more stuff from Hiago's tweets

• 623B might have a little bit more of untech time on knockdown
  • D move stance lasts for a shoter time
  • No invul on red lock
  • 2C pushes opponent away a lot on the second hit; doing 2C > 236A makes you pretty much safe
  • j.C's hitbox is worse

Tweets with throw and H2 Combos from Kurenai
https://twitter.com/kurenaineta/status/659731507611766784
https://twitter.com/kurenaineta/status/659738608631349249

er....so how the hell is Bullet supposed to deal with robots/Rachel now if red lock not invul?

I kinda hope that changes before Arcade release. (edit: nvm apparently this is the final launch version. :/ )

Also if 3C stays fatal counter, Tager match just got even more fun to play lol.

8 hours ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Some more stuff from Hiago's tweets

• 623B might have a little bit more of untech time on knockdown
  • D move stance lasts for a shoter time
  • No invul on red lock
  • 2C pushes opponent away a lot on the second hit; doing 2C > 236A makes you pretty much safe
  • j.C's hitbox is worse

Tweets with throw and H2 Combos from Kurenai
https://twitter.com/kurenaineta/status/659731507611766784
https://twitter.com/kurenaineta/status/659738608631349249

You missed some more:

- 6B has a better horizontal hitbox
- 623C CH can be followed up
- 5C and 3C both FC
- 3C has less recovery
- 2C (1) pulls opponent

As for the zoner match-ups, apparently Miquelet works much better against them now.

6 hours ago, Shin Oni said:

er....so how the hell is Bullet supposed to deal with robots/Rachel now if red lock not invul?

I kinda hope that changes before Arcade release. (edit: nvm apparently this is the final launch version. :/ )

Also if 3C stays fatal counter, Tager match just got even more fun to play lol.

Red Lock invuln was for full body. I think non red lock still has projectile invuln. Also yeah, 3C being FC and having less recovery is going to make it pretty nice ^,^

4 hours ago, SoWL said:

You missed some more:

- 6B has a better horizontal hitbox
- 5C and 3C both FC
- 3C has less recovery
- 2C (1) pulls opponent

As for the zoner match-ups, apparently Miquelet works much better against them now.

2C(1) vacuums? That's kind of weird. Great that 6B is getting a better horizontal hitbox. That comment about Miquelet is kind of vague. Guess we'll see what they mean when the game releases. 

28 minutes ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

That comment about Miquelet is kind of vague. Guess we'll see what they mean when the game releases. 

That was just a random comment in a discussion I noticed while looking for the specifics. I wouldn't put too much weight into it for now.

29 minutes ago, SoWL said:

That was just a random comment in a discussion I noticed while looking for the specifics. I wouldn't put too much weight into it for now.

Figured as much. It was way too vague. No matter. I think current Miquelet+brake is good for dealing with zoning when used in combination with the standard good movement approach. It just doesn't matter because having to block any of Nu's swortds in CPEX can quickly degenerate into a bad situation for you ;.;

A bit more stuff from new Hiago tweets

• CT connects off many normals, such as 2C (1), 5C, 3C , 6A, etc
  • EA has invul; switches screen position at the end of it
  • Throw's midscreen bounce is stronger than before, can 236[A] afterwards (char specific); if corner then it wallsplats  (Already reported)

Exceed Accel, that new free OD super thing.

BBCF - ArcRevo 2015 Winning Team's reviews on character strength

Bullet
Rating: 6

Suffers from the karma of being a close-ranged fighter. The new command throw move is a pretty nice buff to her. However, it's harder to build up Heat Up in combos now; unless you carefully play your neutral while using her Afterburner (which has a faster motion now), it'll be hard to go on with this character. (Koji)

Keep in mind that Koji doesn't play as Bullet, and that we already know that the H2-H2 combos are still intact. And, you know, that the game isn't out yet.

On 10/30/2015, 1:27:59, SoWL said:

This works in CPEX. All of the hitgrabs have CH non Heat combos. 

1 minute ago, MechaMacGyver said:

This works in CPEX. All of the hitgrabs have CH non Heat combos. 

I believe it wasn't the case in one of the previous loketests, so that might be why it was worth mentioning.

7 minutes ago, SoWL said:

I believe it wasn't the case in one of the previous loketests, so that might be why it was worth mentioning.

Ah, I see. I'll have a write up of the stuff I noticed later today. 

Thanks for the very detailed impressions. The new flint shooter multi hits at H1 and H2 was a pretty interesting note. Going to start adding stuff to the final changelist