Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Bullet Loketest Changes and Discussion

Compiling everything we find out about CF Bullet here.

Sources:

Command List PDF

Footage:

Bullet vs Naoto

Bullet vs Azrael (Closed Loketest)
Bullet vs Azrael (Closed Loketest)

Bullet vs Kagura (Loketest #2)
Bullet vs Bullet (Loketest #2)

System:

• Throw now wallsticks instead of wall bounces in the corner
  • Midscreen throw: Bounces less now, so 236[A] follow-up probably is character specific (probably doesn't work on most characters); you can follow it up with 5B > 6B > aerial. (Third Loketest)

Normal:

• 6A>2C Gatling added
  • 6A>6C Gatling added
  • 6A>3C Gatling added.
  • 6A>5C Gatling Removed.
  • 6B now launches on ground hit
  • 2B Attack level up. 2B > 5C combos. Has more pushblock? Did 2B > 5B in a blockstring and 5B whiffed.
  • 5C is slower, can no longer be charged. -1 on block. 2B > 5C doesn't combo
  • 2C Travels further. Pushblock on 2nd hit is big enough that you're about one character away from the opponent after it's blocked.
  • CH j.C works the same as CPEX but has less untech time so 2B follow-up is harder to pull off.

Drive:

• All Drive normals launch you at the opponent as soon as you lock on them. To charge it, you have to hold one of the four directions in advance. That might mean that you can no longer cancel the Drive, or the cancel has been moved to some button (A?).
  • Holding 4 while charging a drive will cancel it after it locks on
  • You can still hold the button during 5D/j.D if you input it as 4D/j.4D. If you don't do that, Bullet will automatically rush forward a little bit after you input the button. When rushing towards the opponent, Bullet disappears for a second, then quickly appears beside the opponent, making it feel faster. 5D has projectile invul when moving towards the opponent but not while in the stance; 6D/2D have no invul; red lock 5D probably has full invul during the rushing animation. (Third Loketest)
  • Heat Lv0: Even if you hold the stance with the 4 input, it won't become a red lock. The time you can stay in the stance has been greatly reduced for Heat 0. 5D/6D/2D are all unsafe on block.
  • Heat Lv1: Quickly becomes a red lock. You can stay in the stance animation for a while, but still not as long as CPEX. Drive moves are a bit negative on block (needs more testing).
  • Heat Lv2: Red lock kicks in even faster than in H1. Staying in the stance animation with 4D lasts for as long as it did in CPEX. Red lock 5D is a bit negative on block; red lock 2D is about -6 on block; red lock 6D is +1~2 on block.
  • No heat loss when drive was blocked
  • Even in red-lock Bullet's drive will bounce off of the opponent is blocked, distance at which Bullet is bounced away is greater than than in CPE (Bullet 2B does not reach). Appears to be even on redlock or slight dis-adv.
  • When you block a red lock drive, Bullet will always stop near enough for her 5A to reach you. (Third Loketest)
  • 5D reported as feeling slower, but size of the circle has been increased
  • j.D circle is smaller, goes to red lock faster.

Specials:

• New special added, 360B. 63214D Drive Follow Up. Command Grab. Command grab deals about 1500 damage with no follow-up, about 2815 with followup. No invincibility. No followup leaves them next to you. H2 follow-up bounces them back to you right out of 6A's reach. Here's a gif of it
  • Cutting Shear Recovery back to CP 1.1
  • CH Cutting Shear float back to CP 1.1
  • H2 Flechette (623C 623D) sends the enemy flying really far away (cannot reach them with 3C on mid-screen).
  • H2 Explode (623B 22D) bounces the enemy closer to you. Bounces even in H1 now. Can't follow it up with 236214C.
  • Flint shooter travels further in H0

Misc:

• 2C -> Afterburner reported as leaving Bullet still at least 2F+ state. 2C knockdown into Afterburner was enough to still beat out Azrael's 5B w/ her 5B after he teched.
  • 623B RC 6A 236[A] works.
  • 6B j.C j.D 41236C 5B 6B j.C j.D goes to blue between the last j.C j.D.
  • Miquelet (41236C) connects straight into 5B or 6B in the corner again
  • 2C > Afterburner becoming a staple combo ender since 5D doesn't combo at closer ranges
  • 6A: The 5k damage combo you could do off 6A in the last loketest isn't possible anymore.(Third Loketest)

Copy paste on my thoughts* "After she used it Bullet seems to not lose heat and we cant tell if she gained heat since she was level 2 already looks like. Also it could be a command grab doing 2.5k? that can lead to a wall bounce. I would hope it REALLY is a command grab to improve our mix-up game." Sadly unless its a multi hit command throw animation it don't look like a normal command throw because the gif starts at 7 HITS. So it LOOKS like a combo ender /extender. Makes me sad that it looks like its not a command throw.

So looking at the movelist, Bullet's new move is 360B and has a 63214D followup. That basically confirms it's a command grab. I'm assuming the followup will serve a similar purpose to Shear 22D and just be for damage into super or to switch sides based on that short footage we got in the trailer.

So looking at the movelist, Bullet's new move is 360B and has a 41236D followup. That basically confirms it's a command grab. I'm assuming the followup will serve a similar purpose to Shear 22D and just be for damage into super or to switch sides based on that short footage we got in the trailer.

What command list? Link please.

I see, does it look like some of the inputs changed and for what. Is 360b all we obtained from the looks of it?

Everything else looks the same afaik. 360B and 63214D followup are the only new moves we got. Tbh I was hoping it'd be an input like 214 or something lol. But a meterless command grab is a meterless command grab. I'm hype

Going off the video it seemed to do 2.5k with the follow-up then. Think it uses up the heat levels? I don't seem to remember right now if they drop instantly cause it didn't look like it on the the clip. Still 2.5k for a command grab and with it looks like a wall bounce for follow ups? is nice.

On 17.07.2015 at 9:56 AM, Lunais said:

Still 2.5k for a command grab and with it looks like a wall bounce for follow ups?

I see no potential for wall-bounce there, though I do admit that it might be possible in the corner (and most Drive follow-ups can be followed up with a combo). If it doesn't, it might give you better oki with no follow-up, like Cutting Shear or 720.

Bullet actual grappler this time around.

Personally I hope they give cutting shears a better hitbox, it's literally the worst DP i've ever seen in any fighters.

There are a lot of changes I'd like to see, but even with just this one I'm pretty happy.

More changes taken from the twitter-sphere so they may end up being wrong -

6B now launches on ground hit

5D reported as feeling slower, but size of the circle has been increased

6A>5C>3C did not connect (?)

6A>2C Gatling added

Flint shooter travels further in H0

New command grab does approximately 2815 damage after followup, no other information about its properties

2C Travels further

No heat loss when drive was blocked

Thanks for reporting. Where are you seeing these changes? Any changes to her movement?

Also when they say slower do they mean the circle expands more slowly or her attack once launched moves more slowly?

Drive reported as feeling slower, but size of the circle has been increased

5B>6B>j.B>j.C>6B>j.C>j.D>Shear/Miquelet will do more damage and corner carry than just 5B>5C>5D>Shear/Miquelet. They've probably adjusted some other moves but if we can still do this then I'm hype.

Also when they say slower do they mean the circle expands more slowly or her attack once launched moves more slowly?

The direct comparison was that 5D now feels slow "Like j.D"

I'm not really sure they'll give her more damage, or at least not much more. If damage was kept from 1.1 her 2.0 combos would all be doing a lot more, but they scaled it back. From what I can tell they're not all that interested in changing that aspect of her play.

5D reported as feeling slower, but size of the circle has been increased

6A>2C Gatling added

New command grab does approximately 2815 damage, no other information about its properties

No heat loss when drive was blocked

- 6B means we can carry to corner better+ potentially more damage like Dawn of Musou said.

- Drive being bigger means we can grab from farther away than before which is good but being slower like j.D means what? That we can't hit confirm from far pokes like we can now? ala 2B from max range? Also opponents can react to its speed better meaning they can block it or intercept it in flight? 

- 6A>5C>3C not connecting means we have to 5D now after the 5C. 

- 6A>2C means we can now go from high to low mix-up chain so its something to use here and there I guess.

- Flint shooter going farther in H0 in general is a buff.

- The new command grab with its 2.8k dmg in general is amazing and will really help her mix-up. 360B can be done standing in place so its gonna be really to use. I wanna know if heat levels interact with it and if throwing them back leads to anything. 

- No heat loss on block is GREAT. Can continue to pressure with 5D and j.D with no fear of losing momentum by losing heat levels.

In general these seems like all buffs with 360B command grab and no HEAT loss on block being the big ones. So more up time on pressure with heat levels and mix-up improved. It would be nice if she has more added to her over time or yet to be discovered.  

I'm wondering if they're keeping the two heat -> two heat corner combos with the no heat loss on block. I mean, that buff is just huge.

I'm wondering if they're keeping the two heat -> two heat corner combos with the no heat loss on block. I mean, that buff is just huge.

Hm, losing the 2 heat corner combos has me concerned about the damage loss. That is a huge part of our damage currently and would suck if we lose that. I don't see why they would remove it.

Arcsys has a tendency to mix buffs with nerfs. On a slightly different subject, I kind of wish they'd focus less on flint shooter's range and more on its speed. I'd love to see a faster moving non charged version and a slow moving charged version.

The thought I had after playing Extend for the first time is that we can no longer use infinite OD blockstrings because of Drive's longer start-up. But now that we can do it even outside of OD, it might not be so bad. Just remember that only charged Drive is safe, so you probably won't be able to do it outside of H2.

You know, CF Bullet is a lot like unlimited Bullet now, just without the extra distortions.

You know, CF Bullet is a lot like unlimited Bullet now, just without the extra distortions.

I seriously thought she might have gotten a dive kick.