Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Bullet Loketest Changes and Discussion

I saw ?D>41236C>6B so I imagine 2 heat up combos are still in and also stronger for not having to be linked by 5A.

Even in red-lock Bullet's drive will bounce off of the opponent is blocked, distance at which Bullet is bounced away is greater than than in CPE (Bullet 2B does not reach). Appears to be even on redlock or slight dis-adv.

2B>5C doesn't combo again. Can we do anything else from max range 2B? If not, this change kinda hurts.

Does this mean at max range only? From what I've seen 2B>5C still works, at least on crouching.

2B > 2C should still work regardless of the range 2B is done at. 5C looks slower, especially since 2B > 5C is not connecting except on crouchers.

2C -> Afterburner reported as leaving Bullet still at least 2F+ state. 2C knockdown into Afterburner was enough to still beat out Azrael's 5B w/ her 5B after he teched.

Getting more confirmation that out of the 6A > 5C > 3C route it is the [6A > 5C] part which no longer is working.

The 2b 5c drop isn't particularly uncommon, but I'm assuming the tweet he linked was from testing other than that loketest match. Shouldn't it still combo into 5b?

Found some more Twitter reports, mostly from Uido:

https://twitter.com/Cweed_blt

- 6A no longer chains into 5C.

- 5C can no longer be charged.

- All Drive normals launch you at the opponent as soon as you lock on them. To charge it, you have to hold one of the four directions in advance.

- That might mean that you can no longer cancel the Drive, or the cancel has been moved to some button (A?).

- Command grab deals about 1500 damage with no follow-up. No invincibility. H2 follow-up bounces them back to you right out of 6A's reach.

- H2 Flechette (623C 623D) sends the enemy flying really far away (cannot reach them with 3C on mid-screen).

- 6A can now chain into 6C and 3C.

- H2 Explode (623B 22D) bounces the enemy closer to you.

- Afterburner after 2C leaves you at about 2-frame advantage (5B won against Azrael's 5B).

- 623B RC 6A 236[A] works.

- 6B j.C j.D 41236C 5B 6B j.C j.D goes to blue between the last j.C j.D.

- j.D goes to red lock faster.

Even in red-lock Bullet's drive will bounce off of the opponent is blocked, distance at which Bullet is bounced away is greater than than in CPE (Bullet 2B does not reach). Appears to be even on redlock or slight dis-adv.

Well that is one hell of a wet blanket. I might be in the minority, but I'd rather lose Heat on block than have even the red lock drive be unsafe. With the former, you at least trade Heat for a pressure reset, but in the latter case, you gain Heat at the price of a full punish.

About the combo routes: this part of the match video has Bullet go 2AA 2B 5B 5C (dropped 5D) at what feels like the max 2B range. I don't think the combo dropped because of 2A's starter rate, so we got more important things to worry about. If you're not within 6B's range, you won't get the optimal combo now, even if it gives you more corner carry than we get now. Maybe we can just use 2C out of that range?

Also, smaller j.D circle means that we're much less likely to spend the match jumping around and fishing for Drive counter-hits. Bringing Bullet down to the ground makes sense, but it's going to make her a bit heavier.

EDIT: Got ninja'd in a few points, but I'm too lazy to edit them out :v:

The 2b 5c drop isn't particularly uncommon, but I'm assuming the tweet he linked was from testing other than that loketest match. Shouldn't it still combo into 5b?

Yes, it should. 2B > 5B doesn't work at the very tip of the tip of 2B, but anything closer than that and it should combo consistently.

Probably would use 2c plus the afterburner frame advantage for heat and oki. Alternatively 5d might combo off 5b. If afterburner is faster it might have an advantage special canceling off of 5d as well, whereas before they could technically mash out. Disagree on the red lock disadvantage thing, I'd much rather be able to full screen punish than reset pressure, especially with the command grab addition to her arsenal and resetting pressure at the cost of heat led to very little damage. I'm less concerned with tiers and more concerned with evening out her currently lopsided matchups matchups. Do we know what her exceed is yet?

Do we know what her exceed is yet?

Haven't seen anything about it, but they seem to be working very similarly across the entire roster: you perform a close-ranged safe attack with invulnerability, and if it hits, you deal from 2k to 4k damage.

- All Drive normals launch you at the opponent as soon as you lock on them. To charge it, you have to hold one of the four directions in advance.
- That might mean that you can no longer cancel the Drive, or the cancel has been moved to some button (A?).

This one really bothers me. So if I lock on I am stuck? No more 720 cancels? This makes me really sad most of all.

I was going to type my thoughts on stuff but let's just put forward the questions instead:

What is 5Cs frame advantage?

Does jD change mean that fuzzy is dead?

H2 snap engage can't be reached with 3C, does that mean no combo outside back to corner situations?

Does command grab engage allow combo? They are out of 6A range but can you dash 5B or does it just give oki? Where does it leave them if you don't use an engage?

as always it's hard to get overly excited about a game I won't be able to play for around a year(guessing at release cycle) but these are interesting changes. Some good, some questionable.

This is just speculation, but I think the snapchance change is meant to make players use the 5dd route to push opponents to the corner more often, instead of pretty much always going the snapchance route. Outside of 6a range (to me) implies outside of dash 6a, but it would really surprise me if the followup wasn't comboable just because that seems to be the idea with all of her heat spending followups. At worst it's probably a short starter like cutting shear. Maybe 3c connection? No idea on j.d.

On a side note I think not charged flint shooter does a lot more damage now, from the vs naoto match.

CF Bullet Impressions from these tweets from SKD at the closed loketest in Japan today

Tweet 1

Tweet 2

• 360, comboable with 2 heat (3.5~4), dunno about 1.
  • Miq cap goes right into 6b or 5b.
  • 5d is fucking huge and fast, no block heat loss
  • Problems comboing 5d at close range, but it's probably OK.
  • Saw a lot of 2c(2) after burner.
  • Her exceed looks cool.
  • Got a lot that she needed

An important detail I've been wondering about since the first loketest:

Some more stuff from tweets from Hiago

• j.D is WAY FASTER and proration is better so going from H0 to H2 is possible
  • 2B attack level up; 2B > 5C connects fine again
  • corner throw now wallsticks instead of wallbouncing
  • Cutting Shear's recovery is back to 1.1's (bad)
  • Cutting Sheer's CH float property also back to 1.1
  • 5C charged ver. is gone, -1 on block

What do the Cutting Shear changes mean re: the CH property? 

In 2.0/Extend, they gave CH Cutting Shear a juggle state or float property that allowed it to be comboable without RC or Drive Followups. They probably just removed it in CF.

Oh, the CH spin! Sorry, I got confused on the versions, thanks for clearing that up. Not that big of a loss IMO, you got dick after that starter anyway.

I'm curious to know if Lock-on cancel was changed.