Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Bullet Loketest Changes and Discussion

Oh, the CH spin! Sorry, I got confused on the versions, thanks for clearing that up. Not that big of a loss IMO, you got dick after that starter anyway.

I'm curious to know if Lock-on cancel was changed. 

Yeah, I feel like the change on CH isn't a big deal too. The recovery part is probably more concerning since it'll affect what we can do after a combo now but it might not be that bad.

As for cancelling Lock-On, if you're that curious, you can always try tweeting at SKD to see if he knows how it works now.

The only change I really wanted from the previous loketest was 2b > 5c to work, so this is like Christmas. CH cutting sheer was honestly not all that great anyway. No idea what 1.1 recovery will do to oki. I wonder if capture has better recovery given that we can connect with 5b. Throw wallstick is great. With the 2c thing are they doing something like 2b 5b 5C 2c 214d?

With the 2c thing are they doing something like 2b 5b 5C 2c 214d?

Sounds like it to me. Hopefully, it's only for Short starters. Previous reports from the first loketest didn't make it sound like 2C > Afterburner was + enough to give us many options on the opponent's wakeup . I'm kind of hoping we can take advantage of 6B launching on ground hit or that Miquelet > 5B works midscreen so we can do aerial combos into j.D > 623B instead.

I thought Miquelet working with 5b was a corner only thing, totally missed it working midscreen. Do we know if you can do two heat up combos from a decent midscreen starter, like the tager specific combo for 2.0? Or is that what he meant with the h0 to h2 comment?

It sounds like they're just fucking pouring heat on bullet.

No idea.

A few more new stuff I saw Hiago tweet out

• corner Miquelet > 5B works (Guess it's corner only?)
  • Command Grab H2 follow-up can be followed up with 6A (Interesting to know 6A is how you pick it up)
  • H2 623C follow-up falling speed has been increased
  • If you hold 4 while charging a drive move it'll cancel after charging time is over.

While CH cutting shears wasn't that good, you still got a free heat level if you got it while having your back to a corner. Not that it will change much becuase most people who have played against bullet know how weak cutting shears is in that situation and just outranges / jumps instead.

Like what I'm hearing about the other changes. What I'm apparantly not liking are the forum changes, I don't want my enter to skip a line..

We got some footage, though the Bullet player is kinda free, and there is no command grab:

I really don't think 5d not being comboable is a problem unless you can't launch with 6b. If so it's kind of crippling. I'm also hoping on some level that they end up making 5d comboable again like 2b 5c. Outside of that I didn't really see anything really noteworthy from this Bullet.

SKD Impressions:

Bullet: She seems like she got a lot of good things, she might actually be strong. Her new 5D is fucking huge, a bit slow close up but the range goes super far super quickly. Combos into 5D might be rip, but jD is still the same. Miq Cap can be followed up with 5B or 6B in the corner. She got a command throw!!! Praise Be!!! 1k damage and knockdown right in front of her without any heat, comboable for sure at 2 heat (3.5k to 4k?). Not sure about followups at 1 heat. Heat does NOT GO AWAY ON BLOCK YES COOL THANKS. That in conjunction with new 5D might let her actually fucking chase people down, seems kinda crazy tbh. Her exceed is cool, but I don’t really remember what it looks like. I just remember doing it and being like “ok its cool”.

For all the buffs she gained, it doesn't seem like 5D red lock is invulnerable from f1 anymore, according to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60izNQTinu8&feature=youtu.be&t=84

Bullet gets counter-hit, but you can clearly see that she's in red lock and she does animate for 1 frame before getting hit. Did she maybe cancel her drive?

I happen to watch the loketest stream last night (well the tailend of it) and the last match had a Bullet player. Some things I noticed:

- CP corner combo still works (H2 41236+C>D>6C>JC>cross over j.D route)

- H2 5D on block pushes back hella far. (Bullet player did it several times on the Naoto player in the corner and bounced back a good distance compared to blocked H2 5D in CP). Couldn't tell if Naoto recovered quick enough for anything but i'm guessing if he did, most of the cast can't punish or would have to have a fast super of some sort. I'm just going to say it's safe though.

That's about all I really saw. Still didn't see 360 command grab. Wasn't sure if anyone else noticed but in the famitsu vids, 2B>5C still chained so wasn't sure if they reverted it back or what.

Do we know if a recording of the stream is going to be posted? I noticed that push back too, I'd be willing to bet that it isn't punishable and that It leaves both players on relatively even ground, just with Bullet closer. Did you see any combos that we haven't seen yet? Or was everything basically stuff > 2c > afterburner/623b?

IMO, my mind on why she's definitely better is just the threat of 5D with it's new range, and even if you use it and are negative, retaining heat means command throw is definitely something to be scared of. the whiff recovery on the command throw isnt...AWFUL but its definitely punishable (not like Bang's command throw, at least). This character really needed tools to wager in neutral, and even if it means 5D being negative, pressure tools and "staying in" is not anything she should be missing, especially given that there is actually nothing to be afraid of if she can stay in atm. As far as the command throw dmg goes, i actually didn't try comboing off of it lol. It didn't...look like it was comboable, but someone else gave a different amount of damage for cmd throw, so that confused me a bit, so maybe there is that.

Do we know if a recording of the stream is going to be posted? I noticed that push back too, I'd be willing to bet that it isn't punishable and that It leaves both players on relatively even ground, just with Bullet closer. Did you see any combos that we haven't seen yet? Or was everything basically stuff > 2c > afterburner/623b?

No clue on the stream being posted. I only found out on a whim for both streams.

As for combos, Bullet player was doing 2B > 5B > 5C > whatever they wanted to try. They were mainly testing 5D out if anything.

IMO, my mind on why she's definitely better is just the threat of 5D with it's new range, and even if you use it and are negative, retaining heat means command throw is definitely something to be scared of. the whiff recovery on the command throw isnt...AWFUL but its definitely punishable (not like Bang's command throw, at least). This character really needed tools to wager in neutral, and even if it means 5D being negative, pressure tools and "staying in" is not anything she should be missing, especially given that there is actually nothing to be afraid of if she can stay in atm. As far as the command throw dmg goes, i actually didn't try comboing off of it lol. It didn't...look like it was comboable, but someone else gave a different amount of damage for cmd throw, so that confused me a bit, so maybe there is that.

New 5D range will at least help control midscreen/corner game once Bullet does get them into the corner or stacked with Heat. The real question for me atm is how this will do for her against Robots and Rachel. Neutral already has to be on point but it'll still be rough for Bullet depending on how much Rachel and the Robots get changed around.

Yeah, from that first stream Bullet is definitely better. It looks like they might've standardized the two heat corner combos, but the stuff we used before should work. Her damage was buffed while it looks like everyone else got damage nerfs, her movement was definitely buffed (all of the cast seems to have better movement, but hers looks comparable to the azrael she was playing), 2c afterburner definitely gives a good frame advantage. Snapchance's engage tosses the opponent very far. I'd like to see it used to side switch into the corner, just to see if it's comboable. Command grab looks cool. Would like to see her exceed. I think she's a much more centered character. Not really sure about tiers, but her previously bad matchups look like they're going to be a lot easier. 5d on block might have a slight frame disadvantage but it's definitely not punishable and the push back is far enough away that you don't need to just sit there and block after. My favorite change is honestly just the movement speed.

So yeah, nothing really new from this loketest, just confirmation on stuff we already know. Also, on the cast not doing nearly as much damage, I'm not really sure if that's just because new combo routes haven't been figured out yet.

Her 360 command grab looked really cool. They land right in front of you. I wanted to know if you have time to follow up or it leads to a wake up game. 

Also the with the new Active Flow I was seeing after Overdrive being used especially that you can use TWO Overdrives/Burst combination in ONE round. That is nice for Bullet considering OD gives her access to HUGE damage and heat up from the very start if you wanted to.

http://youtu.be/wXI5BWTM3PQ

Has a Bullet vs Kagura and a Bullet mirror. Command throw tested in the Bullet mirror.

I'm noticing that the sped up projectile is much more threatening.

623+C > H2 623+D bounces further away now. Guessing it's a corner only followup now.

http://youtu.be/_elBSoSyqKk

Better link of that stream without the cutoff, has the full Azrael vs Bullet match. Now that the drive doesn't have invuln and j.d has been neutered to combo filler status, I'm not actually sure I'd consider the changes to her drive to be a buff. There was a match with a Bang last night that seems to have not been recorded with the others.

Is there any word on if there are any changes to her Overdrive yet? I'm guessing the 'no heat loss on block' is no longer a relevant part of Heat the Beat. At the very least we might be able to use it to gain access to a pressure tool at the start of the match with the new 5D, like how some Tsubakis OD at round start to gain charges.

I don't see why it would be changed: its function has always been pretty straightforward. You get a Heat level and don't lose any while OD is active, that's it. The fact that you don't lose Heat on block does not really change anything, just like giving Afterburner shorter recovery doesn't make its Heat gain aspect weaker. It's still a strong tool that boosts your damage and mobility, even if your offense stays the same (but still stronger than in previous versions).

Another Bullet vs Azrael match at 3:30:

It's mostly Azrael kicking ass, but you can also see the Snaphance-Flechette H2 in the corner and 2C CH combo starter.

So 5D red lock still have invul? Damn, that sounds strong.

Seems like they try to overpower her drive and tone down everything else about her, considering weaker combo from 6A, harder followup on CH jC, etc.

Is top tier Bullet actually happening??