Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

I will be at ECT3 (JUNE 25, 2011) next week with a vampire savior setup. If you've got any interest please stop by, i'll do my best to provide you with information on whomever you're interested in as well as the games engine.

i'll be wearing a pink shirt that says "FREE" on saturday

I'll edit later. Ummm for now check out the Mizuumi wiki:

http://vsav.mizuumi.net/wiki/Aulbath

Quick pros....

Solid normals, some good priority and great frame advantage.

Can get across the screen decently fast, dash takes him under some things.

Solid Dark Force that grants Hyper Armor and Flight (plus you ride it out on a Horseshoe Crap!)

Bubble Super is unblockable covers good fast and traps the opponent for a damaging combo!

Bubble Super also grants a great oki game.

...and Cons:

Doesn't have reliable anti-airs.

"DP" (if you can call it that) is pretty damn horrible).

edit:boo my thread title got changed....i am not freaky fish guy :gonk:

Edited by DaiAndOh

If I were going to ECT, I'd stop by. Unfortunately, I can't make that happen.

I love Tower of Arrogance, the music and bizarreness of the stage makes it one of my favorites of any fighter.

One little thing I noticed at the BFS VS tournament due to my sloppy execution, the water Tower ES attacks stay active for a little while longer than the actual tower remains on screen. Helped me out a bit in finals when I flubbed Bubble inputs somehow and got Tower.

When it comes to bubble usually your best tool to make sure the bubbles traps them is to unleash a sound wave, Cr. Jab (+8 on block, +9 on hit), or enter dark force and pressure with whatever. While in DF Victor, Anakaris, Jedah, and Q-Bee have pretty much no way to avoid the bubble, for all save Q Bee stay a little above their heads to keep them trapped and Q-Be stay at chest level so you can react if she tries to low proilfe out somehow. Next time I have a chance to check I'll see how long they remain in bubble to get the most damage out of it.

His best Anti-Airs are St. Jab and St. RH, both are situational and you have to think quickly when it comes to choosing which to use. Soundwaves are alright every now and then if you predict an attack and space it right, a Anti Air sound wave setps up a guarenteed bubble if they end up close to the corner and a decent opputunity mid-screen.

Edited by haketh

I will be at ECT3 (JUNE 25, 2011) next week with a vampire savior setup. If you've got any interest please stop by, i'll do my best to provide you with information on whomever you're interested in as well as the games engine.

will there be a tournament?

ill play a lot

Would somebody create an on-line thread so we can dump all the info about GGPO and emulators & arcade boards and PS2 releases etc?

I'll be there. Been a long time since I played VSav, but as someone who actually played this game when it was new, so I can't miss a chance to get at it again (even if I should be completely free, or at least free enough to be salty towards anyone who loses to me *laughs* ). Plus, the irony of going to a tournament to play games that aren't actually part of the official tournament amuses me (well, and I'm bringing a bunch of other people who were having trouble organizing transport, but that's not as important as playing VSav and KOF *laughs* ).

Also, top tier stage is always Fetus of God. Vanity Paradise and Iron Will are nice, though.

if there are people, i'll do a tourney ^_^.

i'm tempted to bring my dreamcast just to show ya'll how i tech practice

Sounds like there should be at least 4 people interested (counting Ril), so a tourney would be doable. Time to get hype?

Edit: Also, whenabouts are people often on GGPO for this? I tried stopping by the VS room a lot in the past few months, but I pretty much only see a couple of japanese players in there, if even that much.

Edited by omegaryuji

ctf and the break had a vampire savior machine, so I'm expecting some old heads to pop in and play too.

it'll be good fun don't worry ^_^

GGs to everyone who came to ECT and to GB for running things smoothly; so much love was made in Vampire this weekend.

Haha, helping gbursine running ECT Vampire was so stressful! I wish I played way more casuals with everyone though. Was fun. I learned a bunch of new things to try out with Lei-Lei.

Shoutouts to everyone who came out. Especially Steve H Jr (Robert) with Coach Harrison behind him!

Yeah, shoutouts to everyone who played Vampire and gbursine for making it happen. Would've been a nice if I could've stuck around to potmonster the tournament and if my playing time had been more than just my Felicia getting blown up by LK for about 30 casual games, but considering I was doing so much stupid shit like dashing into missiles and dropping braindead chain combos and not pushblocking, it's enough of a miracle that I even scored 3 or 4 downs total. A little frustrating because it wasn't at all representative of how I used to play, but good fun all in all...biggest regret was that I was probably too free for him to enjoy the beatdown much :v:.

Any chance someone can post some of the tournament results?

It was super fun and super nice meetin ya'll. braver, ty for keeping the brackets going. you actually were running this shit in the end ^_^.

ryuji, you are badass for driving so far just to play vsav casuals. sorry we didn't start sooner, so much random whatnot before I was able to organize whatnot.

Big thanks to everyone who came, and whomever brought that second vsav setup.

Had shiploads of Vampire this weekend in Tennessee. The SuperTurbo qualifier had a good turn-out and the Vampire casuals were ENDLESS.

Props to:

Tad-Alphakami:

Killer Bee. Damn. I thouht I'd run you down with my scrubby character...you said you were new. o.0 My morrigan could barely keep up. Good stuff. Always a pleasure.

ChaseMagic: Had fun. Haven't played you for a while.

Ray- You're a monster. A much stronger player than me... I need to be at your level. MMMMMmmm that supergun.

Zeth & Andrew from BowlingGreen KY! These guys rented another hotel room for crowd control, than came back up to our room for late night VS. Keep at it!

Nashville scene:

Milln- You rock and glad to see you sticking with the game for a bit. Learn that (5)Cannon and you'd win everytime. lol

Zach- MIDNIGHT! You can bee godlike. Just get into some more. I have faith in you. Did you get a chance to see/play Kajoq's lei-lei?

Jackie: Didn't see ya much. Sorry about the miscommunication. Whoop these guys butts plz.

Lee: "Kyle!.. You suck". Amazing shittalk my friend. Congratz on that MVC3. Get into VS please please please. Your Victor will be AMAZING. Countign your cube combos was too fun.

Edited by Kyle

You're giving me a bit too much credit *laughs* . I really came to ECT because four of the guys who I play AH3 with were having trouble setting up a trip for themselves (though I drive about 1.5 hours both ways every one or two weekends to play them, so maybe I am a little mad :v: ). Getting to play VSav was a nice bonus.

No worries about the delayed start on things. I got to see my friends doing some hype stuff in AH3 (which I should've entered in retrospect, but at least two of my friends got top 5...Bill might've done better if MK9 hadn't taken so long that we had to leave before the AH3 top 4 could get played :(), and one of them got trolled on stream in CS2 by a Hazama (possibly Zidane, and that friend deserved it for playing Platinum...though now they want me to pick up BB again so that they can practice against a Hazama main *laughs* ), so at least it's not like I was just sitting on my hands the whole time. Plus I probably did a better job of selling VSav to passersby when I was answering questions on the side rather than when I was on the stick anyway *laughs* .

I've begun the video thread here in dustloop.

I am going through SRK thread: pulling out all relevant & specific information. Currently on post#87.

Edited by Kyle

Sign in to follow this