Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

GG's to Haketh (GGPO: Lord_Raptor)

I had fun with our set of matches. Bubble trap is too fun huh?

- Also made huge progress on the SRK thread, i am up to post #1300 as of now.

Ggs to Kyle and anyone I played from here on GGPO~!

I discovered something new with Fish. In my quest to be an ultimate troll and create random reset confusion I decided instead of finishing my poison combo...I'd do Instant overhead and reset the situation. Little did I know that it all combos! So it looks something like this:

Poison> Jump Lk, HP (do HP while falling), Land, Instant j.lk, d.rh (drill).

It all combos and it looks stylin. Plus you get an even frames mixup/ confusion from that situation. NOTE: This doesn't work on QB (Of course it doesn't :/ )

what do you mean, no Q-Bee?

I though gas forced standing? Q-bee isn;t that short while standing... is she?

GG's to Haketh (GGPO: Lord_Raptor)

Yeah ggs was fun playing, you need to convince Jais to hop on GGPO :p

Ggs to Kyle and anyone I played from here on GGPO~!

I discovered something new with Fish. In my quest to be an ultimate troll and create random reset confusion I decided instead of finishing my poison combo...I'd do Instant overhead and reset the situation. Little did I know that it all combos! So it looks something like this:

Poison> Jump Lk, HP (do HP while falling), Land, Instant j.lk, d.rh (drill).

It all combos and it looks stylin. Plus you get an even frames mixup/ confusion from that situation. NOTE: This doesn't work on QB (Of course it doesn't :/ )

I need to start using this to fuck with some of the players up here

Thanks for starting this:

Engaging copy/paste. Will update OP pretty soon.

Bishamon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaH98rp3N0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Virkw7OIhWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lR97XPX8o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=JP&hl=ja&v=sFovdUywZyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UkEOAIm20w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9ROE2LC20

- c.lk, +c.lp c.lk, +c.mp xx charge slash or ES spirit: note that the hp spirit will not combo, needs to be ES. this is the easiest way of linking sword normals into a special, while still getting good damage.

- c.mk xx hp spirit: your good low meaty combo. it combos and you can hayate after without them mashing out of spirit in time. if far then pull them back and dp. thanks to ihira for this tip -> on the number pad on player 1 side, 412 mk 36 hp will give you the c.mk xx spirit shortcut. me personally, i go to neutral then hcf hp since i was used to it that way.

- jump in mk hk, c.mk xx ES or hp spirit: to be on the safe side use ES spirit. sometimes the

jump in combo pushes the opponent too far for a hp spirit. but if you're close go for it.

- dash lp, +f+lp f+mp, +c.mp xx ES spirit: note that you don't have to do f+lp then f+mp. you

can just hold the forward from f+lp.

-d.lk, .lp, c.lk, c.lk, c.lk, low charge slash(B->F+k)

-c.lp, c.lk, +c.mpXX(charge)b->f+ HK.

-d.lk, +c.lp, +c.lk, +c.mpXX ES Fireball, into QCF+P move,into D,D,+2P ES move

-[+d.lk, +s.lp, +s.mp]xN

-d.lkXX lk chargeslash, +c.lpXX ES fireball

***Bishamon also has an unblockable ES Fireball which revolves around hitting an opponent at a certain distance with a

Dashing RH (doesn?t matter if it's blocked) and doing an ES Fireball immediately after.

Some Bishamon Corner & Mid screen setups i messed around with in practice mode

you must inch back a pixel to get the pixel to set it up for the unblockable. usually, the hcf's back input is enough to set it up perfectly. these were done on demitri.

i know this one is standard but ill throw it in there anyway

- dash hk. <---note that i still use the back input to inch back, works fine.

- dash lp, c.lp c.lk, inch a little more back than the back input itself. the timing here is right before he takes a step back, its still fast though.

- c.mp, c.lp, back input during hcf+es spirit. i like this one, its pretty easy.

- c.lk, take a whole step back, es spirit. this one is if they're too careful and like to block a lot. NOT recommended on mashers.

- dash s.mp, c.lk, whole step back es spirit. its kinda hard to land but it works.

well at the beginning i said the back input should be enough to inch back for some of these, but when i say a step back its just a little quick step back, barely noticable.

or you can just get pro and memorize the exact spacing for it, which is hard though .

edit: these dont hit morrigan, lilith, or q bee. (bulleta too? havent tested)

Edited by Kyle

I have taken a few mins to look over each character thread. Most are full of useful info, some are still lacking. Here's a list of character threads which need more info. Anyone/everyone plz contribute what you know.

Bulleta: needs basics, technical is covered. What's spacing, what' zoning , how to rush etc...

Zabel: needs basics, technical is covered. What's spacing, what' zoning, how to rush etc...

Lei-lei: info is mostly there, needs polished/organized

Anakaris: Needs everything, basics & advanced stuff written out.

Victor: info is mostly there, needs polished/organized

Sasquatch: needs technical. What covers the most optins, dashing HK shenanigans etc.

Jedah: Needs a technical breakdown and his strategy defined.

Gallon: needs some basics, needs some organizing

Everything else is good. Thanks for all the help guys.

I've added a link to Talbain's wiki page on Mizuumi, written almost entirely by myself, which has most of his basic gameplay covered:

- General Strengths/Weaknesses

- Detailed breakdown of normals/specials/EX attacks/throws/Dark Force

- A primer on Talbain's movement, including his walk and his dash

- A breakdown of Talbains B&B combos and most frequently-used Hunter Chains

- A brief stated opinion on his matchups, based on the 10-point scale.

Let me know if you think anything else needs to be added.

I have taken a few mins to look over each character thread. Most are full of useful info, some are still lacking. Here's a list of character threads which need more info. Anyone/everyone plz contribute what you know.

Bulleta: needs basics, technical is covered. What's spacing, what' zoning , how to rush etc...

Zabel: needs basics, technical is covered. What's spacing, what' zoning, how to rush etc...

Lei-lei: info is mostly there, needs polished/organized

Anakaris: Needs everything, basics & advanced stuff written out.

Victor: info is mostly there, needs polished/organized

Sasquatch: needs technical. What covers the most optins, dashing HK shenanigans etc.

Jedah: Needs a technical breakdown and his strategy defined.

Gallon: needs some basics, needs some organizing

Everything else is good. Thanks for all the help guys.

I'll get right on the write up starting now.

Edited the mizuumi wiki page for anaks normals and added it the anakaris thread. I will get the rest done later...RAWR

Edited by MightyMar

Copy and paste from SRK

I figured out the ram position on where x,y coordinates are for Vampire Savior.

Its at ff8410 (2 bytes).

Well here is the results on the stages. Lilith was used.

Normal Stages

all the way to the left = 118

all the way to the right = 3E8

Iron Horse, Iron Terror

all the way to the left = 118

all the way to the right = 3E8

Fetus of the God

all the way to the left = B8

all the way to the right = 448

I guess my initial statement on Iron Horse was wrong.

This is to tell the actual width of the stages.

A normal stage is 720 pixels wide. While Fetus of the God stage is 912 pixels.

Edited by jedpossum

This stage is not on the Vsav cabinet, I believe it's console exclusive.

*Trying to get a pretty picture up in here.*

just to clarify, the both the fetus and train stages are on the arcade cab, but they don't appear in versus play. iirc they're sub-boss demitri and the vampire savior hisself's stage, jedah.

Howdy everyone! As I'm sure you know, Darkstalkers Combination Cup will be going on September 23rd and the 24th. Japanese Sasquatch player Sasunii has been kind enough to link us videos of the qualifiers and information regarding teams for DCC. You can check that out if you're a part of our Facebook group. Also, DCC will be streamed via Sakamoto's uStream channel So check that out for dates and times. They will have a special 5 on 5 team event the night before DCC then the Main Events will start the day after with the Hunter tournament first, followed by VSav. Don't miss out on some high level Vampire play from some of the best players in the world.

I got a question...I recently got Chaos Tower for PSP, and I want to learn how these games play as far as System differences go, so far I play Jedah, Hsien-Ko, and a little Morrigan, but I don't know much about movelists or other stuff. I appreciate any help.

What does it mean when your character flashes white but you get neither a tech hit nor a GC? Does that actually happen or is this just a studder/rollback thing on GGPO? Because it's F'ing constant.

Sign in to follow this