Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

I believe this is a roll back. or just an emulator thing. Doesn't happen on Cabinet.

@Blade: I am in the process of compiling that info. The answer is lost in the gigantic unorganized SRK thread. Generally, dipswitches turn on or off the unique "broken" things which define characters. Bish= UB ES fireball. Zabel = UB J.lk etc. We prefer this uniqueness turned on. =)

Well I basically just started trying to get into Vampire Saviour, I'm pretty terrible at fighting games really but I try. Messed around with a few characters (a bit difficult without a training mode haha) and I'm quite liking Hsien Ko/Lei Lei at the moment, definitely finding it a little hard to get around the screen smoothly though and the chains are actually quite hard for me to pull off right now, doesn't feel at all like Blazblue/Guilty Gear. Hsien's anvil, spike ball super thingy is also proving difficult to execute cleanly. This game is so chaotic, I'm loving it at the moment.

But training mode does exist on PC & The PS2 versions.

FBA RR

load vsas.zip

enable cheats - Life Meter & Clock

@WonderTom: we have talked about it, & i think what was agreed upon was numerous short youtube videos w/ explanations. When we start thi sproject... i dunno exactly yet. =P

But training mode does exist on PC & The PS2 versions.

FBA RR

load vsas.zip

enable cheats - Life Meter & Clock

@WonderTom: we have talked about it, & i think what was agreed upon was numerous short youtube videos w/ explanations. When we start thi sproject... i dunno exactly yet. =P

I actually just picked up Vsav as well, and I wanted to know since I have acquired the collection on ps2 if that version of vsav is it arcade perfect?

I actually just picked up Vsav as well, and I wanted to know since I have acquired the collection on ps2 if that version of vsav is it arcade perfect?

It is if you use the Dipswitch settings in the EX options. Just go to Game Options hold R1 and select it. Then you'll se two dates; choose the 2nd date.

It is if you use the Dipswitch settings in the EX options. Just go to Game Options hold R1 and select it. Then you'll se two dates; choose the 2nd date.

What exactly is that effecting? If I may ask.

What exactly is that effecting? If I may ask.

Without going into too much detail, that date is the date of the release of the version of VS that is the tourney standard in Japan; each star that is lit makes the game work in the same way as the arcade version.

I know Vampire Savior is one of the more complicated games to pick up and assess as a new player, so I have to ask: are there any reference videos? I'd love to see all the things you've been mentioning for the succubi in some sort of video format, Kyle. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video must be worth over a million. Also I think that if you do this and get the video on the front page, it might pull some people in. However, I do get the feeling that this has been asked before. There may be stuff out there, but I haven't looked.

I "think" I've got GGPO working now, so I can take lessons that way if anyone wants to. GGPO tends to give me problems.

Edited by Mr. Kimura

VSAV Tourney @ Season's Beatings. 3PM Saturday.

I will see everyone there.

Cole's Anak was getting at me prett good last time I was up in Seattle, and he has been practicing so Ican't wait to see how things go this time.

had an exhibition @Vampire Arcadia last night.

10v9 & 7v7.

Vids coming in a few days.

I have only (1) qualms regarding VSAV & it's entirety.

Here's some light shed on my other qualm I have since suppressed.

(1) of these as the fact that some characters have mixups which are too fast to react too. So fast in fact, the one doing the mixups can't even confirm dmg. I would get upset watching the best of the best players dropping dmg for frame advantage & going for more mixups. Haitani (One of VSAV's highest players) openly says the game is too fast and some mixups you can't react to. he says the defender is forced to make educated guesses on what the opponent is trying to setup.

We call this YOMI.

I was never a fan of YOMI b/c my only experience w/ the concept is in Super Turbo: where it exist strictly b/c of a players lack of options and the opportunity to be predictable is adherent. However, yomi exist in vampire b/c of the game speed and knowing this has helped me escape much more situations than relying on my reactionary skills.

This makes a dynamic interesting game!

Truely, my (1) qualm w/ Vsav is the fact that DarkForces & TechHit input can be so close that you often DF when trying to TechHit or you don't DF when you attempt to.

Here's the reason's why.

TechHit's = multiple buttons not on the same frame. To make this a lenient as possible you can do 1 button per frame. Most people either swipe left to right or flat palm left to right.

DarkForces = P+K (same strength) & same frame. The input leniency is limited on this one to help facilitate TechHits.

In application, it's unrealistically challenging to reversal DarkForce b/c of the lack of frame leniency. I seriously feel like it's 1~2frames in total.

My recommendation would be making the command for DarkForces to be lk+mp+hk or lp+mk+hp interchangably. This way the inputs could have another frame leniency w/o affecting TechHit activation. This would also NOT overlap ES moves IF ES moves were (3) attacks and not just (2).

I have only (1) qualms regarding VSAV & it's entirety.

Here's some light shed on my other qualm I have since suppressed.

(1) of these as the fact that some characters have mixups which are too fast to react too. So fast in fact, the one doing the mixups can't even confirm dmg. I would get upset watching the best of the best players dropping dmg for frame advantage & going for more mixups. Haitani (One of VSAV's highest players) openly says the game is too fast and some mixups you can't react to. he says the defender is forced to make educated guesses on what the opponent is trying to setup.

yes, very true. The mixups in vampire savior are border line impossible to block, some are very impossible and what that creates is dedication on defense. Its the main reason why the top tier has 3 characters in it with hi\low pressure games, sas\bee\raptor

its either an allure or a turn off for players. I personally welcome the speed in a world full of slow modern fighting games.

and even though hi\low is broken, several low tier players have routinely got top 3 in big tournaments. like lilth being on the winning team this year as I'm sure you know

Truely, my (1) qualm w/ Vsav is the fact that DarkForces & TechHit input can be so close that you often DF when trying to TechHit or you don't DF when you attempt to.

well, that only depends on your push block method. I routinely open up with lk, mk as my push attempt to solely dodge the accidental DF. To get a DF, the input has to be rather fast, like 1-2 frames or some shit within each other. The push I go for is lk, mk, lp, mp,fp, I've been pushing like this for about a year now and I'd say less than 1% of the time do I actually input an accidental DF.

I play on a pad and the first 4 buttons are the face buttons. On a stick you can use your thumb to tap lk, then drag it to the right to hit mk, then piano, fp>mp>lp. 5 hit tech, opens up with lk first for fastest wiff possible, will tech a throw and it prevents accidental DF's from happening.

and just for shits and giggles, some characters can exploit a df input+push attempt. sas can DF for gold armor but it counts as 1 button input towards a push, any simultaneous input will register as 1 button for a push iirc. so shit like, DF, piano, will equal a 4 button push but also give you the opportunity for a DF as your first input. Like say someone was trying to do a throw setup on you and went for a df os push, you wouldn't get a push anymore it would go into your DF and in some cases, allow you to get away too clean.

I will say for my first 2 years of the game, trying to push block always lead to that shitty DF here and there and it would make me pretty mad but actually working around the game, I've actually learned to love the push block. You just have to be smarter than the input windows =p

Edited by shoultzula

Sign in to follow this