Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

Honestly, the impossible-to-react mixups only bother me with Sas and Rapter, because they can sweep, overhead, or early-AA virtually the whole cast from about the exact same range. Like, if you were to take Talbain, he gains and loses these options depending on his proximity - some options disappear when he's too far away, and some even disapear when he's too close. While he can set up a mixup that's virtually impossible to react to, he can't do it from a 'neutral' situation like Sas and Rapter can. Thus, they can create a situation where it's dangerous to block low, block high, jump, AG, not try an AG (due to command throws), GC, or Dark Force any time they are in range to hit an opponent while on the ground.

regarding dark forces, i was told by rithli(who i believe was told by one of the japanese players), that if you try to mash for df, and you eff up(aka your inputs are not precise), every mashed attempt thereafter will not register a dark force input, but rather two separate inputs.

this is detrimental knowledge for characters that have 'oh shit' df's that are used to get out of situations.(anak, victor, leilei, jedah, etc.)

to add to the discussion regarding sequence of tech hit inputs. I myself use a "resting hand" approach. my hand rests with digits as such

thumb:lk

index:lp

middle:mp

ring:hp

pinkie:rk

my sequence of input is [ideally] lk, rk, hp,mp, lp

the mindset behind my teching, is to rest my hands in this sequence and apply a very minute amount of pressure[for quick intervals of teching as needed]

this allows for a controlled 5 input tech for every blocked attack I can predict.

A glitch of some sort. I'll try and translate the note about it at the end:

"If both players perform ES Henkyouki then LP Ankihou at the same time, they will be reflected infinitely and not disappear. You can accumulate up to 28 Ankihou items, after which no more will come out. Touching them will break the balance and cause them all to fly out at once."

Oh sick! I was waiting for this to surface, He told me about it last year sometime when we were talking on MSN and tried to send me a clip of a Leilei combo from this, but the file transfer on MSN is awful and kept timing out

Does anyone have a copy of Felinki's dipswitch guide for the PS2 Collection? The really detailed one? The thread it was in is no longer on SRK.

Does anyone have a copy of Felinki's dipswitch guide for the PS2 Collection? The really detailed one? The thread it was in is no longer on SRK.

Check the Gaming/online thread here. It's a dump of what I found on SRK. I can't confirm if it's 100% completed, but I believe it's what you're looking for. If we're lucky Feline* himself could verify/update us.

Check the Gaming/online thread here. It's a dump of what I found on SRK. I can't confirm if it's 100% completed, but I believe it's what you're looking for. If we're lucky Feline* himself could verify/update us.

Actually, I found it! I thought I had the page bookmarked, but I think the thread may have changed names...

In case you're interested: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/vampire-community-thread-ggpo-hitbox-overlay-dustloop-tutorial-2-and-why-you-lose-to-me.119829/page-4#post-4755527

I've been watching VS vids for the past year and am finally deciding to try and learn it. It's quite difficult but very fun. You probably wont see me much around here if at all (I tend to lurk) but I at least wanted to say hi and introduce myself and whatnot.

Also question, How well do you think a pad player can do in this game? I'm not changing to stick regardless but I'm just curious as to how hard I'm gonna have to work. I play I-no so I'm fine with working hard.

I've been watching VS vids for the past year and am finally deciding to try and learn it. It's quite difficult but very fun. You probably wont see me much around here if at all (I tend to lurk) but I at least wanted to say hi and introduce myself and whatnot.

Also question, How well do you think a pad player can do in this game? I'm not changing to stick regardless but I'm just curious as to how hard I'm gonna have to work. I play I-no so I'm fine with working hard.

You can do pretty well on a pad. It just takes a while and advance guarding(teching) is key. Knowing your techs and fundamentals for a character will take you a LONG way in this game.

I am forced on pad now with Anakaris due to my stick being broken. I do fine with him its not that bad for the game at all. Depends on the character really and how much you put yourself in bad defensive position. The more times you put yourself in a bad position the more times you are going to have to guard cancel and push block.

Hey guys,I'm new here to dustloop and I just signed up today.

First up, I just wanted to say that the Darkstalkers series has always been one of my favorite fighting games for a long while. I got started with Darkstalkers 1 on PSX. I never played the others but I've always wanted to. But recently I've had my interest renewed because of UFGT7 last year. It was AMAZING, and Kajoq, Mighty Mar, and Kyle and Rithli are some of my favorite players. I'm been following you guys since that day, looking a some matches you guys had on youtube and I just couldn't get enough. You guys were really great and I'm looking forward seeing more from you guys in the future!

That said, I'm trying to get back into the series with Vampire Savior, and I wanted to know where should I start? I wanted to check out GGPO but I'm not sure what to do. I really want to get in on the action with you guys but I'm a bit unsure about the GGPO client and how to operate it. I'm on a HP Laptop Pavilion with a Belkin router. Not sure what to do next. I won't have as much time to play due to school and real life getting in the way of fun, but I'd like to have a little fun here and there.

I'm sorry if I was going off topic, but I just felt compelled to come on board to say that you guys are just godlike, and I'm really looking forward to what you guys will bring this year. ;)

That said, I'm trying to get back into the series with Vampire Savior, and I wanted to know where should I start? I wanted to check out GGPO but I'm not sure what to do. I really want to get in on the action with you guys but I'm a bit unsure about the GGPO client and how to operate it. I'm on a HP Laptop Pavilion with a Belkin router. Not sure what to do next. I won't have as much time to play due to school and real life getting in the way of fun, but I'd like to have a little fun here and there.

The hardest part about setting up GGPO is port forwarding. Here's a little guide for it. Other than that just download the client, the roms, stick them in a rom folder, and you're good to go. If you get it setup and you can't connect to anyone, it might not be your fault, GGPO likes to play hard to get sometimes. Just try again later and see if you can connect to people.

Some characters (Q-Bee in particular) sort of benefit from pads (really really fast IADs). I'm not sure how tech hitting would work on a pad, both because I don't play on a pad, and I play Anak.

Edited by Prophet

I've played pad as long as I've played fighting games (and games in general :P) and haven't had too much trouble learning difficult things. I main I-no in GG and can chemical love -> airdash about 75% of the time.

After a bit of practice, tech hitting doesn't seem to be too hard. I roll my thumb over the face buttons as well as hitting one of the shoulder buttons (hitting both shoulder buttons feels awkward). That's 5 buttons which is 90% if I read correctly. I play lilith so the hardest thing for me is comboing into LI. I may try to get on ggpo if I can figure out that port forwarding stuff.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/15/capcom-registers-new-darkstalkers-trademark-in-europe/

Could mean nothing. Could mean an HD port ala 3SOE. Probably doesn't mean a new game.

If it is something like 3SOE, I wonder if it will be removed from GGPO in the same fashion. If I recall correctly, gbursine reported that when he spoke to Seth about a possible VSOE, Seth said that would be almost more difficult than a new game. I may be remembering that wrong, if someone could confirm/deny that would be great.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/03/inside-source-reports-darkstalkers-4-is-in-the-works-exclusive/

Now our same inside source is telling us that Darkstalkers 4 has been in the works since last year, with Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter X Tekken producer Yoshinori Ono at the helm. The unannounced fighter would use a modified version of the SF X Tekken engine, which itself is modified off of the Street Fighter IV engine. Principal development on SF X Tekken was said to be complete towards the end of 2011, which is when Ono supposedly shifted his attention to Darkstalkers.

im actually more worried than happy with this announcement :vbang:

Edited by Hecatom

You do know that if Ono is working on this it CANT be good right?

That game is already bad. I hold no expectations of Ono whatsoever. Get ready for 30 frame pushblocks and 2 button guard cancels.

Edited by Negative-Zer0

Sign in to follow this