Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

Apparently, Anita does a little dance in the PSP game. I haven't played the PSP one; is there footage of this? And was it in the Japanese Chronicle?

The weird thing about the first song is that instrument samples are in the cps2 board and also where I got that song from the darkstalkers collection(ps2 version) which doesn't have chronicle.

Let's talk about inputs. i often go for a walking fireball & a DP comes out. Anyone have inputs tricks to negate this?

I get that occasionally. My only solution is to stay on neutral a split second long before doing the QC motion.

With GGPO lag, I get fireballs when I want to do DP's. Should I be more deliberate with my inputs? The lag also seems to mess up TRH reliability.

After playing w/ the inputs the most consistent results I can recreate is to whiff a s.lp after the walk. Input = walk, lp, 236P.

I have tried these combinations are they give varied results depending on how fast or slow you input them:

Walk 6, 5, 236P

Walk 6, 5, 41236P

Walk 6, 5, 41236,4P

Really, this effects Morrigan, Lilith, Demitri, LeiLei & Felicia.

Edited by Kyle

Speaking of inputs, is there a trick to TKs in this game? I read in Skankin's post about Gallon that you can do 23696 for TKing Beast Cannon, but I don't really understand why the 6 at the end.

Well, this is just a bit of speculation, but I always found that it's virtually impossible to do it without moving back to 6. I'm pretty sure that a lot of special moves in this game won't trigger if the last direction input you did was not the last directional input for the move itself.

Hence, we have:

- 236 for Beast Cannon; the move input ends at 6.

- 9 for the jump; obviously needed for the instant air BC.

- 6 again, to end the entire sequence at 6, the final directional input of the special move.

It might even be that you have to be holding the final direction input for the move to work at all; I know that at least a few moves work that way. However, I lack the empirical evidence to make that claim about every single move.

I can do a TK Beast Cannon with 2369, so that's why I was asking. It's a bit hard, but not impossible to me. Maybe it's easier on stick?

Anyone who knows PLZ help explain properly:

Example: Bishamon has a RENDA bonus when chaining into 6mp from 6lp. The only moves that chains into 6mp is 6lp & 6lk. Meaning, hitting 6lp, 6mp is Much more + frames than just hitting 6mp. This extra frames allow some new links not otherwise possible.

6lp, 6mp, LINK Dashing.lk...

6lp, 6mp, LINK j.lk...

This is confirmed in SKILLSMITH video#2 @6:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UkEOAIm20w

Why is it that the RENDA bonus is listed on the 6lp when it's not there? Why is the RENDA listed per single attacks when it's really per sequence of attacks?

Last thing i noticed about RENDA is that, it DOES NOT add extra hitstun (Like is believed). It just gives you faster recovery on that last move.

Edited by Kyle

Hampster on GGPO answered this:

It is NOT RENDA. This is another bug. This particular chain of 6lp,6mp causes Bish to have no recovery: Allowing new links.

Edited by Kyle

Hey, guys! Just thought I'd give a heads up on a project y'all might be interested in that is nearing completion. It's a consolized CPS2 (the hardware VS runs on) to enable people to play VS/ST/etc. easily without the need for arcade cabinets or emulators:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ud-cps2-fully-consolized-capcom-play-system-2.146685/

I've been in contact w/ Osirun (Nathan of PowerUp) and he will be doing some play-testing for me sometime soon, so, for those of you in his area, I look forward to your thoughts, recommendations, criticisms, etc. :grin:

Thanks!

-ud

Hey, guys! Just thought I'd give a heads up on a project y'all might be interested in that is nearing completion. It's a consolized CPS2 (the hardware VS runs on) to enable people to play VS/ST/etc. easily without the need for arcade cabinets or emulators:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ud-cps2-fully-consolized-capcom-play-system-2.146685/

I've been in contact w/ Osirun (Nathan of PowerUp) and he will be doing some play-testing for me sometime soon, so, for those of you in his area, I look forward to your thoughts, recommendations, criticisms, etc. :grin:

Thanks!

-ud

acb.jpg

Sign in to follow this