Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

Switching character names is easier to edit than the lag reduction in sfa2 and Custom win quotes.

Frame Data as much as you want to see it sorry it isn't happening too much work to set up a table

Too much trouble to set up hit boxes being visible.

Sure it may seem like easy work but that is if you cut out testing which can take up hours of work that could be done on making sure it is a good port.

20 mins of development(no testing) on a feature that would only be barely used or that 20 mins be used on making sure the frame data, the turbo frame skipping, or movement data is right?

Demitri- Demitri can trade w/ fireball. If the trade is successful, Demitri can combo into

LP full chain into cr.hk

I believe this is why a lot of Demitris, when they have their opponent cornered, will toss out a c.mk xx fireball, either baiting a GC or a mashed out normal. In either case, it generally works out for Demitri, because if the fireball trades, you get a full chain; if the opponent GCs, unless it was an early GC on the mk, they generally end up getting hit and reset into the same situation. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

Guys i have a problem:

Is almost 2 months that i'm not seeing any improvement anymore in my playstyle (with my characterand in general)

i'm having an hard time with the defense and even if my offense is decent i'm taking too much risks cause my impatience, also i keep doing the same things over and over,this make me predictable.

i play only 2 characters, Felicia and sometimes Lilith, i played only Felicia for 1 year and stll didn't mastered her yet, that's why i need tips especially for how get better with her,because even if she is very easy to learn i'm having a lot of troubles

maybe i just need to play more but with my connection + the different time + no euro players i end to play only 2-3 guys in a day and most of the times they are newbies

i watched every single P,Nekoash and Orecom videos and still watching them sometimes but those videos are not helping me anymore

what can i do? i feel stuck but i don't want to give up, i really want to improve and be good at this game.

@Ciccio... you may consider playing other games to grow stronger in player skills. reads, execution etc.

i play 2x, but that game is so broken and glitched that i can't even do a simple link, however is the game that i'm playing most on ggpo, i just play 2x now even if i don't like it

alpha 3 i play this game somethimes

alpha 2 is full of brazilians and i can't play against them cause the lag

3s is an other game that i like but the ggpo room full of douchebags

i play Gulty Gear on pc too with a friend, but only in rare cases

Edited by Ciccio

Guys i have a problem:

Is almost 2 months that i'm not seeing any improvement anymore in my playstyle (with my characterand in general)

i'm having an hard time with the defense and even if my offense is decent i'm taking too much risks cause my impatience, also i keep doing the same things over and over,this make me predictable.

i play only 2 characters, Felicia and sometimes Lilith, i played only Felicia for 1 year and stll didn't mastered her yet, that's why i need tips especially for how get better with her,because even if she is very easy to learn i'm having a lot of troubles

maybe i just need to play more but with my connection + the different time + no euro players i end to play only 2-3 guys in a day and most of the times they are newbies

i watched every single P,Nekoash and Orecom videos and still watching them sometimes but those videos are not helping me anymore

what can i do? i feel stuck but i don't want to give up, i really want to improve and be good at this game.

I'm sorry, I don't really know how to advise you. I couldn't imagine playing this game solely online, and I would like to believe that your defense isn't as good because of that. I know that when I play online, it seems to me like blocking involves a lot of guesswork and not based on reaction. Also, it's much more difficult to tech hit and guard cancel online. Even AAing as well as Felicia can is difficult because you have less time to react.

I feel the same way about watching JP felicia videos, and have felt that way for a while. However, there's still stuff you can learn from them.

Things I would recommend looking into:

-trying to learn proper spacing to anticipate/punish rolls easier

-learning how to walkthrough the opponent on roll or wakeup to create which-way scenarios

-using lp/mp/hp catspike to follow AAs, rolls or successful air throws

-using shorthop to create pressure scenarios on opponent's wakeup

-overhead links into super consistency (something i need to go for and learn)

i'm constantly tying to do a cmd thorw after reset my opponent but he gets me first everytime, boh

and i keep losing most of the air battles

Command throws don't really work if the person is pressing buttons when they wake up. In my experiences, a lot of people online do this, and don't really allow themselves to be conditioned to stop pressing buttons on wakeup.

For bee and other characters that have really low profile low attacks (wolf, bulleta) you can step back a bit on wakeup and press st.hk. This goes over those lows. I use it in bee/wolf matchup a lot but haven't really found a use for it in other matchups.

For air to air, try to do air chains starting with j.lk and going to mp, mk, hp, hk depending on your distance to the corner. A lot of times, j.lk will stuff someone's air to air attempt. From there, you have to think about what they're going to do when they land from the air reset. You can command throw, dash j.mk or mp, or go for a low. If you think they're going to jump out, bust them up with st.mk or close st.hk.

I use j.fp a lot and I get a lot of success with it.

Hampster talks about how to beat mashing after a reset here.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11972-VS-Engine-Stratagems-Everyone-can-do-except-Anak-%28/page5&p=1370996&viewfull=1#post1370996

E)If the opponent is mashing light attack or DF

They will still guard your attack that lands on recovery frame.And stops your throw...it can be frustrating to be stopped by mindless mashers.

Also the opponent's DF goes off when you try to throw.This is because it was not taking guard pose(can't DF while taking guard pose).If it was taking guard pose,lp(most likely) comes out.

What you have to do to counter them is not to hit the 1st recovery frame.Let it fire light attack then punish before it actually hits you.

Fastest light attack/DF can be countered by...starting your attack at the opponent's reversal frame.This way it will take guard pose at the reversal frame so if it tries to do DF lp will come out.So it's same as lp masher.And your attack should be a little bit faster.

Exact timing to press the button is about 1F earlier than the opponent's reversal frame,because there is an input delay for this game(it seems every CPS2 game have 2F input delay but VS turbo3 makes it 1.5F).I'm personally calling this 5F delay attack(its actually like 4 though).It will reqire a bit of practice especially against fast light attack characters like BB and lilith.

Note that since you are not trying to punish jump or throw you don't have to use a low attack.In fact it is better to use high attacks that can punish jump.Also you don't tick.Just do max damage chains as long as it is expected to hit.

Also,try to avoid doing this in throw-range because you can be thrown although it's very risky for the opponent to do it.You can walk back a tiny bit to be safe or even lure throw.

However in my experience on ggpo mash 5 frame jab still doesn't always beat well timed throws. I was mirror matching dyne with leilei and he would throw after every reset and throw tech whether I was mashing light or piano tech with lk lp mp hp. Only way out was to hold up or just accept the throw, and if I tried tech the throw I would just be thrown 10 times in a row (good throw tech practice at least :v:). Of course after I jumped out of a few throws he would delay attack standing lp instead. Maybe I wasn't mashing lp hard enough to beat the throw idk, 4 frame jab with bbh works slightly better.

dyne can do this with all the characters, i don't know how

this happened a lot to me too, i was stuck in the corner and tech hitting the throw was useless

Hey guys i'm Shawn! Also known as S.L.ick in my local scene. I'm new to VS and I main Dimitri! I will be at Final Round this year and hope to meet some more of you guys., I was the guy who hung out by the machine last year aftewhen Kyle taught me the 101.

Hell Yeah Shawn. I know Myself, Ailerus (Felicia) & Slucher (Qbee) will be traveling down to Atlanta.

- I merged the Talbain & Jedah Tutorial threads w/ their character threads. Some great info there

- Updated w/ pretty layout pics, courtesy of Kurushii

Edited by Kyle

Got my JP PS3 disc version in. JP disc language is dependent on the ps3 xmb language set. So can have it in full English or Japanese. So if anyone wanted a disc version for their collection you can't go wrong with the JP version. The only thing that is forced Jp no matter the language is the arcade endings.

Edited by Kurushii

Sign in to follow this