Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

I never used Supercade, but GGPO is fairly easy to set up. Personally I have trouble configuring Vsav into a pseudo-training mode. Otherwise it runs like a charm.

for training better use Shmupmame. makes a difference when compared to GGPO Finalburn in input latency

LI combos work much better that way

So, I've tried asking this elsewhere but the folks I was asking proved useless: Is there anywhere online that has match up information/analyses? It's absolutely absurd that a 17 year old game has so little information in this regard, based on my searching.

So, I've tried asking this elsewhere but the folks I was asking proved useless: Is there anywhere online that has match up information/analyses? It's absolutely absurd that a 17 year old game has so little information in this regard, based on my searching.

it depends what you mean wih Match up information/analyses

if you mean the chart this is the most recent one: 

Vsav_matchup_newest.jpg

if you mean a guide/descritpion to what to do for each matchup (for example Felicia vs Rikuo) then you just have to look at your character respective topic,there, you can simply ask  if you can't find anything helpful about..

I did indeed mean character specific match up strategies. I figured I'd inquire in here first, as the Lei Lei thread hasn't had a post in about six or seven months.

Dont worry if there's no replies in a while,ask in her topic anyway, people may not be that active but they usually check the Vsav threads if someone ask help about something

you can ask on the facebook group too but i think is better asking on Dustloop first because at least the post remains here while they simple disappear on FB after a while

I didn't get a chance to properly reply, but information on how to fight match ups is a bit lacking. I've been going through and updating large amounts of the Mizuumi wiki, but I won't be getting back to the character sections any time soon and Lei-Lei isn't really my character.(I think thats who you said you were playing)

Even though it is a 17 year old game, nobody in the US really played it back in the day, and when the scene for it sprung up about... 6-7 years ago, it had some decent documentation popping up at the start from what I can tell, but was only done to a point. I've been working to try and update whats there and fill in the many gaps, but it takes time. Most people don't really seem to enjoy documenting things like that I guess; Savior really is just a pick up and play type of game, people just learn as they go along.

Even before I work on match-up specifics, the normal move descriptions for most characters need to be cleaned up on Mizuumi. For the most part I believe if people are given proper advice on how to use each tool, they can figure out match-ups themselves. Match-ups are on the list to get done eventually though.

Just means their sales expectations were too unreasonably high. Although he was probably joking about 4,000,000 copies of the game, if that was Capcom's actual expectation, they were living in dream land.

At the very least, Capcom should attempt a kickstarter for Vsav 4 to truly gauge the level of interest... I'd definitely support it, and would spread the word... I mean sure, typically having customers buying copies of an older game would suffice for some games like SF2HF, but not too many people are familiar with the Vampire series, and the majority of those that are familiar are casual, so either they'll buy it and play for a month or two, or they'll just simply pass it by...

I also feel as if Capcom thinks every scene for every fighting game they make is the same size/capacity as the SF scene (competitive + casual), and that's simply not the case...

I feel Capcom also doesn't truly know how to "evovle" in terms of marketing with their fanbase for some of their titles... This kinda goes back to what I was saying earlier. The execs must've thought "If tt worked for SF, it must work for VSav" without realizing how truly understanding how different the game is (in comparison to SF), and the type of audience(s) this game attracts...

At the very least, Capcom should attempt a kickstarter for Vsav 4 to truly gauge the level of interest... I'd definitely support it, and would spread the word... I mean sure, typically having customers buying copies of an older game would suffice for some games like SF2HF, but not too many people are familiar with the Vampire series, and the majority of those that are familiar are casual, so either they'll buy it and play for a month or two, or they'll just simply pass it by...

Big companies, especially Japanese companies, don't do Kickstarters because it makes them look really desperate to shareholders.

Darkstalkers' biggest marketable assets are its iconic sexy females. Even people who've never played any of the games know about Morrigan and Felicia, if not from the Marvel games then from online image galleries. If Capcom was smart enough they could exploit these characters to market a new Darkstalkers game to decent success, but they're too incompetent, delusional and financially strapped to try it.

I doubt the company will produce a single new fighting game from outside the SF series before they get bought out by someone.

Not sure if people know about Darkstalkers Resurrection being on sale on the NA PSN store. Can pick it up for 7.49$ until Oct 27th. Just wanted to share for people who were on the fence like I was

Been playing weekly in Seattle on Cabinet. (3) of us for now, Another coming in February. The other two are getting much stronger, Think we're about ready to host weeklies and be more public about our event.

Any other players in the PNW area?

Going to a Gear event @GameBreakerz this Saturday evening. Hopefully can see some VSAV heads. I'll bring a setup. 

Cheers,

Kyle

PNW/Seattle has potential to become legit right now, I've been working with some Skullgirls players in that area picking it up recently too. Looking forward to it!

San Diego cats better step their game up!!! I'm coming!!! lol :3

Hey Skankin, what's the scene looking like right now???

Well, we got a new guy who's interested in learning the game, but I've been trying to save money so I haven't gone out for months. I haven't been in touch with Casey for the same reason - too much money to drive out that far every week. But, that's gonna change pretty soon, hopefully.

You almost back in the states, friend?

Yeah, I'll be in after the New Year. I've been leveling on VSav, UNIEL, BatFan, SFEX2, and soon Xrd. I'll be ready for TvC if anyone's down also...

Oh yeah, I've been working on new tricks for both Fish and Demitri. I've been thinking about picking up Lilith again, but I still am working on Bish... jjsmack should still be down for some VSav... Real talk, we've got at least 7-10 people that can get down, we've just gotta get some time to get together or something... I'll open up my garage for some sessions once I get back though, since hitting up Mira Mesa on a weekly basis is mad costly lol...

Ain't that the fuckin' truth! On that note - and I don't wanna get too hyped about this yet - my brother might sell me his Prius in the near future, so if that happens, I could make the cost of travel a lot less terrible for all of us. Here's hoping.

That's what's up??? Hey, the LA scene owes us a visit last I checked, lol...

Hey, this new guy, who does he main?

Sign in to follow this