Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

So according to a post on SRK, footage of a new Darkstalkers game featuring a "a white-haired teen witch girl and a harpy" has or will be shown at Comic Con (I'm not sure which).

What do you guys make of this?

I still play my psx copy of darkstalkers 3 from time to time (never been serious) and the arcade legends, now legacy, I go to from time to time cycles it in play. I just wish it had been more popular and taken off as it's way more interesting than SF in my opinion. I would definitely support a new darkstalkers/vampire savior. My friends really only stick to SF or tekken so without netcode I'm lacking players to get me into it.

So according to a post on SRK, footage of a new Darkstalkers game featuring a "a white-haired teen witch girl and a harpy" has or will be shown at Comic Con (I'm not sure which).

What do you guys make of this?

The person who made that post signed up on SRK today. I wouldn't put too much stock into what they're saying.

Mmm...

@Mousewonder: Try playing the game on GGPO, if you haven't heard about it yet.

And honestly, even though I've only played one game of the series, I'd like to see another Darkstalkers game, but then that's been shot down by Ono, apparently, and I don't put stock in rumors without proof.

Well shit, that puts the nail in the coffin then.

I'd like this game to be a bit more publicized, but as that's impossible now unless they're thinking of putting Vampire Savior in as DLC (highly unlikely)...

It didn't because:

1.- It's not as newb friendly.

2.- When it was released, it got a lot of stupid shit like "lololol ryu disguised as a vampire and ken as a succubus".

3.- Weirder mechanics than SF's.

It didn't because:

1.- It's not as newb friendly.

2.- When it was released, it got a lot of stupid shit like "lololol ryu disguised as a vampire and ken as a succubus".

3.- Weirder mechanics than SF's.

1. Good thing

2. Ehh, the other characters aside from maybe Victor couldn't be compared

3. Good thing

So far, I still don't get how the DOWN thing from Vampire Savior works :x

Or well... it's not called like that, it's a shit that makes your opponent lose one of its lifes without reducing its lifebar to 0.

So far, I still don't get how the DOWN thing from Vampire Savior works :x

Or well... it's not called like that, it's a shit that makes your opponent lose one of its lifes without reducing its lifebar to 0.

Only way to lose one of the lives is to reduce HP to 0 as far as i'm aware.

Are you referring to white damage in VS, possibly?

If not, then I don't see how hard it is to understand the concept (no offense).

If so, then you answered your own question.

No, I'm not talking about the temporary damage.

I do remember that, if you fulfill certain conditions after attacking your opponent, he loses one of his lifes but, instead of seeing the word "DOWN" appearing you see something else (and yes, the lifebar is far from reaching 0).

Or maybe I'm just imagining things lolol

If that's true, then I sure haven't seen it happen in the handful of matches I've seen, so I wonder...

Daigo makes anything look good.

I liked the way he used Bishamon's rushdown, however. Pretty much what made me want to main him in the first place.

The person who made that post signed up on SRK today. I wouldn't put too much stock into what they're saying.

Perhaps you're right. I'm gonna choose to believe he made that account because SRK admins have a habit of banning people who leak info.

I can't give up hope so easily.

@Mousewonder: Try playing the game on GGPO, if you haven't heard about it yet.

I'm going to investigate this, I might just have to learn something and at least get myself above scrub.

To support D4 you could submit it in the capcom suggestion box or at see if someone has and vote up the idea. Its supposed to be looked at by actual capcom execs at their monthly meetings.

There's a Q&A here

Well Ono's announcement was a quite a disappointment. From the looks of things he implied that a new Darkstalkers game isn't something that Capcom is even interested in at the moment.

Well Ono's announcement was a quite a disappointment. From the looks of things he implied that a new Darkstalkers game isn't something that Capcom is even interested in at the moment.

Of course not, Capcom hates making good games and would rather run SF and Megaman into the ground.

Sign in to follow this