Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

Thanks again TAI-X. May not land LI as often as I'd like; have to keep at it. Have to fool around with kara-inputs, could help with landing them off single hit attacks.

Are you guys battling on GGPO, or XBLA? I remember battling Download Byte before once on XBLA. I'd like to create a room whenever I'm online.

XBLA. I'll send you a friend request once I'm home (still at work). Don't recall fighting you, must of happened awhile ago.

EDIT: Sent you the request. Likely won't be on tonight or tomorrow, but we'll see what happens.

Edited by Download Byte

Another good session with Byte, with some extra Vampire Hunter action. You should definitely play VS Felicia more; she was tearing up my Sasquatch. I'm more fond of her VH incarnation with the sand blast and bouncing roll specials, though.

As good as it is, Vampire Hunter has some needlessly unorthodox and annoying commands for basic specials. Like, why is air Soul Fist 896P instead of 236? Thankfully, all of this was rectified in VS.

I also got in some more XBL matches with a very courteous Anakaris player who must have seen my posts here and friended me. Maybe he'll grace the forum with his presence.

I've been on the prowl for a sub to compliment Lilith. Maybe Felicia would work. Her normals are solid and her execution isn't as demanding. Seems like an easy choice. VH Felicia is a whole different can of worms, but you seem to have a good grasp on her spacing. That sand-attack special hits me at distances I don't expect lol.

That Anarkaris player is a long-time buddy of mine. Before I found this forum we'd spend free time throwing down whenever we could (and still do on a regular basis.) His dash pressure is insane and he loves d.LP. Given that move has so much utility on hit/block, it's hard not to.

If he does register, his forum name will likely be the same as his GT.

As good as it is, Vampire Hunter has some needlessly unorthodox and annoying commands for basic specials. Like, why is air Soul Fist 896P instead of 236? Thankfully, all of this was rectified in VS.

You have to understand the time in which the game was made, commands like this made sense then. There are other games from Capcom which utilize this command-- I think Charlie's air flash kick in the Marvel series and Magneto's air fireball in COTA shared the same motion.

If he does register, his forum name will likely be the same as his GT.

Get him to register if you can. We need more players discussing VSav and VHun on sites like this more often. I'm pretty sure this site has more of this type of talk than even SRK.

My main is Anakaris! I was inspired by watching MightyMar attend at the UFGT7 on Youtube! Shortly after, Chikyuu just blew my mind! I'm always looking for Darkstalkers in this rotating world. Download Byte is one of my main rivals! My first post ever! If you feel where I'm coming from, let's lobby :) Good to meet you as well Taiyaki0! Someday, I'll be on GGPO :)

PS: Download Byte mentioned Taiyaki0 to me lol! That's how I found you! May we have more fights :)

And thank you Download Byte for leading me into the family! For Darkstalkers, will never die!

Edited by Stealthizm

My main is Anakaris! I was inspired by watching MightyMar attend at the UFGT7 on Youtube! Shortly after, Chikyuu just blew my mind! I'm always looking for Darkstalkers in this rotating world. Download Byte is one of my main rivals! My first post ever! If you feel where I'm coming from, let's lobby :) Good to meet you as well Taiyaki0! Someday, I'll be on GGPO :)

PS: Download Byte mentioned Taiyaki0 to me lol! That's how I found you! May we have more fights :)

And thank you Download Byte for leading me into the family! For Darkstalkers, will never die!

Welcome Stealthizm!!! Glad to have you on board. I hope to have some matches with you.

We surely will! I'll add you JINXHAND! This is better than looking for anyone in Rank Matches! I always see tumbleweeds rolling past me when I'm searching for opponents XD!

You visit any of the character threads yet? Even if you have to go digging through post, just dig. The community is full of well-informed players, and it shows. Glad you took my advice? :v:

If you'd like, please add "VSAV XBL" to your friends list. There are a bunch of strong players on that friends list, and I'm sure they'd be willing to get matches in with you if you ask.

Believe FLESHPOUNDER, MurderByD3ath, and KyleWattula (apologizes if they're spelt incorrectly) are under that account, among others I'm forgetting to mention. Could be wrong; haven't checked it in ages.

They indeed are. There's another person who goes by "Fayk", who is another really strong player. He I think is on my friends list. Either way, message him, and request some matches...

If you'd like, please add "VSAV XBL" to your friends list. There are a bunch of strong players on that friends list, and I'm sure they'd be willing to get matches in with you if you ask.

Is it possible to send me link? I'm having trouble searching it :/

They indeed are. There's another person who goes by "Fayk", who is another really strong player. He I think is on my friends list. Either way, message him, and request some matches...

When I have some free time I'll go and message whoever is currently on. 6-10:30pm EST tends to be the best time frame for me to be on, unless it's the weekend.

@Stealthizm: Send a request to "VSav XBL" instead. The "av" in the GT isn't capitalized. The account is currently offline, but you should still be able to see the friend's list nonetheless.

Is it possible to send me link? I'm having trouble searching it :/

You can search for my gt "JINXHAND" and look at my friends list to find it. You shouldn't have to worry about capitalization when typing a gt (Windows is never case-sensitive).

Here's a link just in case: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=VSav+XBL

I always play it safe and stay case-sensitive when it comes to adding GTs. Now that I think about it, you're probably right.

That aside, we should set our focus to finding a suitable time to fight in Vsav. I am available for the entirety of next week, so the 3hr time difference shouldn't matter much. Let me know what works for you.

Your next best step would be to go over your character(s) thread, if you haven't done so already. The OP generally contains most of the crucial information. That's not to say every post after is meaningless. Learned some Lilith tech unbeknown to me shuffling through 6 pages of post.

Here's a link to Anarkaris' thread.

Welcome to the forums Stealthizm! Glad to see that the Darkstalkers XBL playerbase hasn't dropped off the face of the earth. I've played VS on Supercade before, but it's really inconvenient to set up my stick and I'd rather use a port than emulation.

I should read up some more on the character threads myself...I had kinda ignored Q-Bee before, but she's becoming one of my favorite characters to use.

Welcome to the forums Stealthizm! Glad to see that the Darkstalkers XBL playerbase hasn't dropped off the face of the earth. I've played VS on Supercade before, but it's really inconvenient to set up my stick and I'd rather use a port than emulation.

I should read up some more on the character threads myself...I had kinda ignored Q-Bee before, but she's becoming one of my favorite characters to use.

Thank you! As for Qbee, it's good to try everyone out. That way, your main(s) become more familiar against your opponents ;)

Hey Download Byte, just curious, what makes you want a sub for Lilith???

Are you guys battling on GGPO, or XBLA? I remember battling Download Byte before once on XBLA. I'd like to create a room whenever I'm online.

You can let me know when you're available!

Hey Download Byte, just curious, what makes you want a sub for Lilith???

Mainly for the variety. Lets me explore the inner-workings of characters and understand match-ups. Probably going for Felicia or Aulbath; honestly don't know. Liking Lilith too much to go out and find them lol.

I've played VS on Supercade before, but it's really inconvenient to set up my stick and I'd rather use a port than emulation.

I never used Supercade, but GGPO is fairly easy to set up. Personally I have trouble configuring Vsav into a pseudo-training mode. Otherwise it runs like a charm.

Sign in to follow this