Sign in to follow this  
Arkayne

[VS] General Discussion

@ IW

If I told you who was in/ from what originally I'd get a headache. I might do it later. But yep everyone is in DS3, except Dee, who is Donovan rechristened as a vampire. I think DS3 lets you choose the character and what version or "series" they're from, like HSFII in a way. Might contain some minor hitbox, animation, etc. differences but nothing too drastic if trying to transfer over to one of the near-arcade perfect ports.

@ Xploit

Yea it's most likely me, you, Boss, IW if he ever gets the game, and KD if he enters the scene. Lei Lei looks cold, I just can't use her.

Lilith, Lei Lei, and Felicia for me.Would've thought they would be at least mid tier, but who cares, I can still beast w/ them. I thought I was the only TN guy to play this game.

My favorite tier list for this game breaks it up into 3 groups of 5 but ranks everyone individually. Felicia and Lei Lei are in the lower end of the middle group, and Lilith is near the top of the bottom group, which is pretty mid tier. It's something like:

Sas, Q-Bee, Zabel, Talbain, Bulleta

Demitri, Bishamon, Felicia, Aubath, Lei Lei

Jedah, Lilith, Victor, Morrigan, Anakaris

also pyron and huitzil shouldn't be in Vampire Savior, which is Darkstalkers 3... they were in Night Warriors and Chronicles and that was it.

My favorite tier list for this game breaks it up into 3 groups of 5 but ranks everyone individually. Felicia and Lei Lei are in the lower end of the middle group, and Lilith is near the top of the bottom group, which is pretty mid tier. It's something like:

Sas, Q-Bee, Zabel, Talbain, Bulleta

Demitri, Bishamon, Felicia, Aubath, Lei Lei

Jedah, Lilith, Victor, Morrigan, Anakaris

also pyron and huitzil shouldn't be in Vampire Savior, which is Darkstalkers 3... they were in Night Warriors and Chronicles and that was it.

That's the same list Boss posted. So I guess it's the closest to official. I know about the exclusions but since we know that it was due to hardware limitations and not any overly broken gameplay reasons, then I feel it wouldn't hurt to include them in the tiering. After all, I heard about some small tourneys even using the arranged versions of Savior(2)/Hunter(2). Anyway, just for the hell of it, where would you place Pyron?

@ Xploit

Yea it's most likely me, you, Boss, IW if he ever gets the game, and KD if he enters the scene. Lei Lei looks cold, I just can't use her.

That works for me. As long as somebody shows interest in the game, I'm game. I see more and more feed back on this game, not only on DL, but SRK and other sites. This game has the potential to expand, if people give it a chance. But as far as Lei Lei, yeah, she seems confusing at first, but once you get used to her moves, she can be really fun to play. I usually play her as a zoning character, but that's just me, I haven't played the game in a hot minute.

I'll try and get on this too. Hopefully I'll be able to juggle work and this better than when I tried to with Guilty Gear.

Rawr, my favs consist of Jedah, Demitri, Bishamon, Donovan, and Morrigan (all in that order). This game is another thing that lacks competition in my area. I can't seem to make friends with similar interests, lol. I guess it's bad to like everything fighting related now a days. :psyduck:

The problem in placing Pyron and Huitzil despite not being in VS is that they aren't in VS. VS is the only game of the series that has this exact system or something along those lines. Vampire Savior 2 and Vampire Hunter 2 tweak dumb things and make the games fail (again, apparently anyway), otherwise one of those is what we'd be playing. to be honest, I wouldn't know anyway, I didn't invest any time into the rest of the series. :v:

Something about Victor being bottom tier just seems incredibly strange to me.

Those tiers kind of make sense to me having played this game religiously for many years. Sasquatch = too good Victor is definately bottom tier but has nice tricks and can be used well to compete, thats the beauty of this game. My personal tiers based on experience would be; In order: Sasquatch Q Bee Zabel Gallon Bishamon Bulleta Rikuo Demitri Hsien Ko Felicia Jedah Lilith Anakaris Morrigan Victor Top four explained: Sasquatch is top - HP, easy cross up with HK, Ice Tower, short hop, tick grabs, i could go on Q-Bee = Magneto, supreme normals (esp Standing MP), Honey Ball super loops, 100% darkforce combo, 100% darkforce chip damage IF BLOCKED (!!), homing dash the most abusable move in the game Zabel - low jumping instant air dash NIGHTMARE, unblockable jumping light kick trick, superb normals which can be ranged like Dhalsims, easy super combos from light normals, quick charging through empty chaining, great throw setups Gallon - cheap cheap CHEAP, some of the best normals in the game, crouching MK on the gods, super high damage super combos using beast rush, 100% dark force, superb rushdown, tick throw setups, very hard to attack, great rushdown using normals cancelled into DD +KKK (wolf hop) Bishamon - superb defence, great normals thats change depend of whether you hold back/neutral or forwards, great dash combos, great tricks (tick grab, jumping overhead trick with HK, unblockable fireball glitch), amazing rushdown, exclusive normal move into special chains Why they have Q-Bee so low i dont understand, she's a monster (especially with meter)

Match-up and Tier list.

Top is the best characters

Bottom is the worst

:eng101:

http://www.din.or.jp/%7Ewaiter-7/zabe04.htm#no

Kind of a late reply, but I just wanted to point out that the link posted is only a match up chart, not a tier list. Though they are usually very similar, they mostly always have differences. Match up charts are only based on match ups in a mathematical sense. Tier List have a few other factors thrown into the equation. Koogy Explained tier list pretty well, so I'll just quote him...again...

Generally, top players use an S++ - F ranking system to determine who are the strongest characters. The reasons for higher rankings than other characters tends to be one or more of the following:

- The ability for a character to deal damage from random hits effectively.

- The average combo damage of a character.

- A characters' ability to control space.

- "Risk vs. Reward" being in rewards' favor heavily for mix-ups, or damage dealing.

- A glitch, or property that gives them an advantage over other characters.

- Having a Potemkin Buster.

I'm sure there is more factors that come into play, but that's a good general idea. Anyway, here is the widely accepted Tier List...

http://www.vampire-dcc.com/column_3.shtml

Notice the differences?

If anyone wants to play on GGPO, lemme know through IRC or AIM sometime! I haven't played in quite a few months, so I'm probably pretty scrub now...as if I ever wasn't. :kitty:

I, too, play Vampire Savior on GGPO every once in a while. I'm surprised more people from here aren't on it, especially since the netcode is too fucking good (WC to EC connection is great, assuming both players have good connections), plus you can spectate other people's matches. P.S. Mumm-Ra for life!

I just picked this game up a few weeks ago. I'm on GGPO but currently I suck ass. I'll be up for some matches in two weeks since severe practice is in order.

I just picked this game up a few weeks ago. I'm on GGPO but currently I suck ass. I'll be up for some matches in two weeks since severe practice is in order.

Wanna practice together? =3

good to see some love for VS. i check the VS room on ggpo a couple of times a day, mostly in the evenings (which should be after noon in the US). if any of you people from the east coast (or even europe) wanna play, drop me a line. i need competition.

Kind of a late reply, but I just wanted to point out that the link posted is only a match up chart, not a tier list. Though they are usually very similar, they mostly always have differences. Match up charts are only based on match ups in a mathematical sense. Tier List have a few other factors thrown into the equation. Koogy Explained tier list pretty well, so I'll just quote him...again...

I'm sure there is more factors that come into play, but that's a good general idea. Anyway, here is the widely accepted Tier List...

http://www.vampire-dcc.com/column_3.shtml

Notice the differences?

If anyone wants to play on GGPO, lemme know through IRC or AIM sometime! I haven't played in quite a few months, so I'm probably pretty scrub now...as if I ever wasn't. :kitty:

Great post. There is a difference between matchup charts and tier lists and i see the one you sent the link for matches my list almost exactly. The great thing about this game is that all teirs can compete real well. I've seen some tough Jedah, Anakaris and Victor players and some downright vicious Liliths in Japan. One of my mains is Anakaris and in my local arcade people just cant cope with him well (he's a whole sarcophagus of tricks and unblockables).

One thing - what makes Felicia so good? Yeah she has speed and nice chains but can she do high damage or lock you down? I never pick her but i'm suprised she's rated in the same bracket as Bishamon who can be MONSTROUS used properly....

felicia gives me a huge amount of trouble. her jump is really vicious - nice angle and fast. her normals are good, especially in the air. and mind you, i play gallon. im not surprised that the matchup list says that its a good matchup for feli. damage is ok, i mean, she has chain combos after all, just like everyone. the problem imo is that a jumpin from feli will yield 3 x the damage than the AA you can do in most cases. reminds me of kof (smalljump into combo vs., lets say, a LP as AA).

Felicia makes me cry. P.S. Fuck you Purrin. :(

Felicia makes me cry.

P.S. Fuck you Purrin. :(

Whatever Mr. Instant Overhead/Low Mixup Mindfuq!! :gonk:

I felt pretty rusty last night, forgot how to fight Mummy Man...

Fun games though, I'm up for more if you're willing.

One thing - what makes Felicia so good? Yeah she has speed and nice chains but can she do high damage or lock you down? I never pick her but i'm suprised she's rated in the same bracket as Bishamon who can be MONSTROUS used properly....

A simple answer is that Felicia is a toned down version of Talbain...and Talbain is really really good.

A simple answer is that Felicia is a toned down version of Talbain...and Talbain is really really good.

I play Talbain. Talbain is awesome.

Sign in to follow this