Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kinkuli

[BBCF] Azrael General Discussion Thread

BBCF_Header_General_Discussion.png

You can discuss all things related to new Azrael in BBCF here. Command list can be found here

• Exceed Accel: Full Spartan
  • New move (623B): Panzer Strike

Loketest News

• Generally azrael seems to be the same as he is in BBCP (Source)
  • Panzer Strike has invuls. Claimed to have full invuls (Source)(Source)
  • Panzer Strike consists of 2 part, the knee part and falling part. Falling part seems to be plus on block (Source)(Source)
  • Might be able to followup with stuff after CH panzer strike or if only second hit connects? (Source)
  • 5C, 6B and Growler can still be used during valiant charger combos (Source)
  • 5D staggers on normal hit also. Can possibly followup with better pressure afterwards (Source)(Source)
  • 6D Bounces lower when it consumes weakpoint? (Source)
  • Due system mechanic changes, can do 5B 5BB multiple times near corner at least. (Source)
  • jD is the same as in BBCPE. (Source)

I will update this post as i find out more of his possible changes. Also if you see mistakes, please point them out!

Well, just going based on the reveal trailer the new stuff seems super beneficial for Az. If his rekka still has some serious ground-slide the slam will be a nice alternative to that to maintain pressure. The new super seems kinda weird, because I'm not sure what kind of utility it has. BHS already does great damage and scud gives points... maybe Az will be able to combo off it? Or, maybe since they go up into the air it'll be a sort of AA (could apply to the special as well)?

Word is that Azrael's Panzer Strike does have invulnerability on start up, but no mention of whether or not it's full or head only. Apparently, it's positive on block if you block the second hit, but we can assume there is a gap between the two hits, else it would sound a bit silly lol

Hard to know at this time but i would assume it would be Fully invul. And first hit and second hit will most definately have a gap between them. IIRC i read on twitter that Panzer strike would launch you "far" if opponent blocks it. So I guess it should be IAD punishable or something along those lines. 

Second hit being plus on block is interesting though. It could maybe be used to force oki in certain situations. Something like 5B 5BB TCL (opponent ends up in corner at the end of the slide) into Panzer strike. With correct spacing maybe it would tag rolls into KD (I'm assuming second hit of Panzer strike KDs), on block you get frame advantage and pressure etc. As an tool it sounds really interesting and should complement azraels gameplan really well. 

Also expecting tears about azrael possibly getting reversal (even BETTER one if you get KD and it carries) back. Maybe dogura will come back to his true roots now  :eng101: .  :f:  :d:  :df:  :bbt:  and away!

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that i did hear that 5D would stagger even on normal hit. If this is true, it should make oki from 5D normal hit WAYYYYY better, depending on the duration of the stagger of course. At least we don't have to deal with people laying on the floor if this is true. 6D bounce on weakpoint hit also might be nerfed. So probably no more 6D 6A route. Sadness but shouldn't be too big of an deal. 

EDIT2: Edited the first post to be a bit more on point.

5D stagger on normal hit would also probably give a combo if you have meter to RC it, which would be really nice, especially in the corner.

All these loctest changes seem really interesting so far. The removal of SMP in normals would open a lot of new routes. Being able to use 6A, 2C, 3C and 5BB(as mentioned above) more than once in a combo. I wonder if Drive moves like 6D and 5D are considered normals.

SMP not affecting hitstun something to look into as well I guess. No obvious applications that I can think of. Maybe useful for double weakpoint combos?

5D not knocking down is probably my favourite change thus far.

From this we do indeed see that 5D staggers on normal hit. The guy tried to combo DP in a VC combo, but it blue beat'd, although he still could follow up a little afterwords. It seems that as a starter, his DP is a very short starter or something, he couldn't RC 2B TCL afterwards, as the Rekka dropped.

Oh and his voice, like everyone else has been reworked. Now he says BUSTER like the english voice.

All these loctest changes seem really interesting so far. The removal of SMP in normals would open a lot of new routes. Being able to use 6A, 2C, 3C and 5BB(as mentioned above) more than once in a combo. I wonder if Drive moves like 6D and 5D are considered normals.

SMP not affecting hitstun something to look into as well I guess. No obvious applications that I can think of. Maybe useful for double weakpoint combos?

5D not knocking down is probably my favourite change thus far.

I'm quite fearful that SMP removal will be compensated by lower p2 values. Also by the series' nature of shortening combos in every iteration I don't think we'll see notable differences in his good/optimal combos.

5D RC 2C 6D or 5D RC 2C 5P TC Valiant seems possible now.

Full Spartan

The trajectory of Panzer Strike(the dp) looks really odd. It's almost looks more like a mix between a Tiger Knee and Adon's dp. The second hit looks really easy to punish, if you block the first hit as soon as possible. 

However, it being plus on block on the second hit, maybe it can be useful in neutral.

Got some more Azrael changes from the final loctest, which is pretty much the final build, so we're going to get to keep all of this, courtesy of our own HiagoXYZ:

Dash probably has more recovery?

j.2C doesn't knock down on hit anymore; j.2C>5A works on crouch hit or CH

Follow-up Sentinel Dump floats more on hit; can follow it up with 5C

5D staggers on hit

Ikemen vs Noze
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1448202082

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/so27646696

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/so27646698

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/so27646701

Since we don't have a CF thread yet, I'm gonna leave this here.

The amount of space dash TK Panzer Strike covers though. Zekuso wasn't lying.

Thanks Rental!

In other news.  I converted the old speculation thread into general thread. I'll get combo and video thread up and running shortly also. This time around i'll actually try to keep video threat up to date haha. 

Don't know if it was already noted, but the shock wave from the second hit of Panzer Strike has a hitbox, similar to the one of Sentinel Dump:

Spoiler

Despite that it launches the opponent into a high arch it does not seem to be able to follow it up with anything without RC. Maybe with dash > 5A/2A or Phalanx Cannon.

There was also a second thing I noticed; Azrael was not able to Rapid Cancel Panzer Strikes second hit in this situation, though it just seems to be a bug:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, narga21 said:

anyone have a link to azraels cf colors?

Your answer is inside the spoiler:

Spoiler

BBCF_Azrael_Palettes_1-11.png

#1 - #4 are available by default, #5 - #10 are purchasable in the shop with P$ and #11, the Nobody color, is available from an event.

panzer is a sexy defense tool but like all DPs can develop big habits in the players head that can hurt them in general. good on block if you spend rc and even gets you a good follow up.

you can even use panzer aggressively because of the massive hitbox. its seriously two IDs in one dp. 

players should still not abuse this dp though. backdash, up backs after brain farting opponent's pressure and random tech rolls are the best way to go. i can imagine big fatal counter punishes if dp misses. 

On 11/24/2015 at 1:09 PM, Danaiden said:

Don't know if it was already noted, but the shock wave from the second hit of Panzer Strike has a hitbox, similar to the one of Sentinel Dump:

Is it possible you'd get a meterless follow up on counter hit?  

This may just be my imagination but I was watching an Azrael match video and it looked to me like Gustaf Buster got faster. Anyone have any info on this? (Video in question is under the spoiler, due to the date it might be that even if it DID get faster, it could be outdated)

Spoiler

So what's the deal with dash-through "crossup" Growler?  Does Growler have some sort of non-projectile invulnerability again?  Why would you do this instead of some other crossup move?  It's not especially fast compared to, like, dash-through crossup 5B, so... why Growler?

The thing to understand about the dash-through Growler is that it is a TK Growler.  Azrael's forward dash is jump cancelable so if done properly it is incredibly hard to react to.

Without meter to RC you don't get much in the way of a combo but it is a very tricky mix-up option that most people won't block if you rarely do it.

Oh! So you're doing Growler because you're doing a Jump Cancel Cancel to get it to come out faster?  And IIRC, you can't JCC into a normal.

That would explain it.

I don't even think that mixup is reactable. It might be faster than the instant overheads in BB depending on how long it takes to dash through because growler became 5 frames in CPEX when they removed the invul.

OH; Okay. So Growler is really fast now. That makes the most sense. I had no data on that startup.

That said, it's probably reactable.  His dash is 20 frames long unless they changed that, so even factoring in the JCC shaving off 5 frames or so, those frames come back in the growler startup, so it's fast but not insane fast. There's no way his dash only takes 9 frames to cross up, which is what you'd need in order to beat a Rachel j.A with wind or something.