Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawn of Musou

[CF] Celica A. Mercury Gameplay Discussion Thread

CF loketests are starting. I'll post new stuff here as it gets discovered.

Confirmed Changes(Thanks to Sourenga and SoWL for the first batch of info):

Loketest 1 (July 19th-20th)

Short clip of her new D3 and healing in the first PV

• Exceed Accel: Puech Vapeur (A+B+C+D when in Overdrive)
  • New System: Recovery Capability - Whenever a special superarmors through an attack, a blue gauge called Recover Cap appears on Celica's health bar. Whenever you finish a Drive combo (Ex: 5D>5D2>D3), the Recover Cap amount you gained will automatically transfer to Celica's health, healing her. Recover Cap healing will only happen when the 3rd D attack in of her Drive combo hits the opponent.
  • You can only use the charged versions of Marteau Flan (214B), Lance Quiche (214C), and Armure Sorbet (632146A) by consuming Recover Cap.
  • Drive attacks and and the above specials now have guard point to go along with the new Recover Cap system
  • 236C now has superarmor. Most likely from 1F. Can take hits and any damage taken becomes blue HP
  • 2C pulls in opponent on hit or block, still plus on block

Closed Loketest 2 (August 24th) and Open Loketest (August 28th-August 30th)

BBCF Closed Loketest 2: Celica vs. Hakumen (Sound desyncs near the beginning of the match and fixes itself later on

• 6B has a new animation, Minerva does the same action but Celica now covers herself with her cape. Looks cute.
  • 5C has a new animation, single hit now. Minerva does the same action but Celica puts her arm forward now. Jump-cancelable on hit.
  • 6C has increased range. Combo'd from the tip of crouching 5C. 5B>5C>6C>665B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>j.214A worked from max range and did 3.3k.
  • 3C has increased range, a smaller cancel window and less recovery.
  • 6A more untech time. 6A(2)>2B works now (assumed midscreen). 6A>2A>5B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C(both hits)>jc>j.C(both hits)>j.214A did 2539 damage.
  • 236B startup and projectile speed are much faster and now go full screen. Still has high recovery but can't be punished if projectile is blocked.
  • 214B bounces away on hit, if midscreen can only follow up with super. Allows for pressure afterwards midscreen, and can follow up with 5B in corner. Seems to be slower now? 214B>5B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>j.214A did 2.9k damage.
  • Powered up 214B is basically current charged 214B, but without the charge. Seems faster than regular 214B and goes farther.
  • 214C now has projectile guard point around the time active frames kick in. Damage taken becomes blue HP. Powered-up 214C looks seems to work like current charged 214C, but with less hitstun.
  • 236C's guard point likely begins on 1F. Damage absorbed turns into blue HP. Launches opponent more diagonally now.
  • 632146A (Healing super) healed all of Celica's blue HP and some extra. It also seemed a lot faster imo. Maybe it'll have actual use now? Probably can do it after D3 for a nice HP gain.
  • 632146B has faster startup but no invul
  • 632146C has less recovery and is now single hit on block. GCOD cannot punish it
  • All air normals and j.214A are unchanged. j.C>j.D combos now however.
  • D strings only have one finishing move now, blows away on air hit and slides on ground hit. You gain blue HP from attacking the opponent with D moves, whether on hit or block. Also from superarmoring through moves with 236C and 214C.
  • Blue HP does not go away even if Celica takes damage.
  • Self-healing animation will begin after new D3, can special-cancel before the healing starts though. Can do D3>236B for additional damage and run up to start pressure afterwards.
  • Self-healing after D3 converts her blue HP to 10% of her total HP (assuming that's 1000). If you let yourself heal, you don't get any pressure on opponent wakeup midscreen.
  • All D1s and D2s are the same, but have less recovery. You won't get punished for ending a blockstring in any D2
  • All D moves are now special-cancelable
  • 214C's thruster property has changed, unknown if it can still be looped
  • Blue HP also powers up 236C, 214C and 214B. Once a powered-up special is used, all blue HP is gone, meaning you can't use powered-up versions repeatedly
  • Overdrive healing is faster and you also gain blue HP for free. Powered-up specials can be used repeatedly.
  • Throw doesn't cause wallbounce midscreen and wallstick in the corner anymore, instead it shocks them like Rachel's lightning and they float. Can be followed up with 5B. Couldn't immediately follow it up with 632146C midscreen, probably have to delay it.
  • Now has pushblock on B and C normals. 2B>5B had a lot of pushblock.
  • 214B has head and body guard point.

Guard point on Ds to better frametrap with (albeit still risky to "pressure" with them) and maybe bait certain wakeup options with said guardpoint, 2C pull in for more effective midscreen pressure, an ACTUAL healing mechanic (survivability vs damage), guard point on his f 5 dp (lol). This is what happens when people actually think a character is bad. It's possible that she really did get a new D3 because once you think about all her D enders were pretty much her specials but as D normals. Ho boy they don't even know what they did with these changes

Hiago is currently tweeting a bunch of new info from Kaqn. When he's done, I'll update the first post. We got a lot of buffs~

That B/C pushblock, tho'

Most things seem much better now, but with the added pushblock, pressure seems kinda weak based on those loketest tweets alone since most of the buffs relate to passive mechanics or special moves. I guess that's what 2C's vacuum is for.

Thread updated. Thank you Hiago and Kaqn~

I feel like they wanted to give a focus on midscreen and opening the opponent up in general. 2C pull-in is necessary now that we have pushblock, but 6A having an easier follow-up is nice. The reward off 214B is better and I assuming the bounce has enough hitstun so that you can continue pressure after it lands midscreen, it'll be nice for corner carry. Ds being special-cancelable means that stuff like 2D2>214B will happen and be pretty decent for mixup. The whole thing with Recover Cap and blue HP means that we gotta be smart about how we superarmor during opponent pressure as well as how we use the blue HP. Do we wanna go for good damage or corner carry with the charged specials, or heal Celica so that our chances of dying are much smaller?

Faster 236B is also pretty nice but I mainly wonder if we still have 214C loops in OD? Since all blue HP is used up if we use a powered-up special regularly, we'll only be able to use it once for combos, but in OD we can use powered-up specials repeatedly. I'm curious about how 214C was changed, but I'm hoping we still got OD loops lol. Overall, Celica's gonna play pretty differently and I'm looking forward to it. Pushblock on B and C normals still make me cry tho

We have new footage~

My impressions from the video:

-Not only is 236B faster, but it goes full screen now.

-New D3 was special-cancelled into 236B for additional damage. Celica ran up and was able to get pressure on Haku after, so it seems pretty good overall. Might be able to be mashed out of though?

-When Kaqn said 6B had a new animation, he meant Celica does something new. She covers herself with her cape during 6B now, but Minerva still does the same attack as in CPEX, so we still have our gawd anti-air~

-Throw doesn't cause wallbounce midscreen and wallstick in the corner anymore, instead it shocks them like Rachel's lightning and they float. Can be followed up with 5B. Couldn't immediately follow it up with 632146C midscreen, probably have to delay it.

214B's bounce can indeed be followed up in the corner. The Celica in the vid followed it up with 5B into an air combo for 2.9k, but I feel like we can do more. 214B also looks slower, but I'm not too sure on that? Might have been the video quality. You also get pressure afterwards if you do it midscreen. I definitely like it.

-You gain Recover Cap HP from using Ds. If you don't special cancel D3, Celica automatically heals it as health. (Was still a bit confused on Recover Cap and blue HP, but now that I've seen it, it makes sense and looks pretty strong).

-New D3 was the move shown in first CF trailer, Except in there, it caused the opponent to spin. In this new video, it blew the opponent back full screen. If you let yourself heal the blue HP you got, you don't get any pressure from it midscreen.

-6A or one of her moves might have gotten a damage buff. 6A>2A>5B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C(both hits)>jc>j.C(both hits)>j.214A did 2539 damage. I'm pretty sure that combo does less damage currently.

-5C's animation is the same for Minerva, she still hits you with her spinning hand thing, but it's only 1 hit now. However, Celica strikes a new pose with her arm forward during 5C now. Looks hella cute.

-Got a look at powered-up 214B. It's basically current charged 214B but without the charging. Looks faster than regular 214B, goes far. I like it a lot.

-6C's buffed range is hella helpful. 5B>5C>6C>665B>6B>2C>j.B>j.C>jc>j.C>j.214A worked from max range and did 3.3k.

-236C superarmor looks very strong. Beat Haku's 2A on wakeup (definitely looks like superarmor starts on 1F) and the amount of blue HP it converted into was nice. 236C also pushes the opponent out more diagonally instead of upward like it does now.

-Even if Celica takes damage, the blue HP she gets still remains. That already makes it better than Persona's blue HP and increases her healing potential by a lot.

-Got a look at powered-up 214C. Causes a pretty strong blowback on front hit. I'm sure it can be followed up but the Celica in the video dropped the 2B pickup cause she backed away a little before doing it.

-2B>5B had a lot of pushblock in the corner.....

-In Overdrive, not only was Celica healing herself at a faster rate, but she was also gaining blue HP for free. This seems like it'll be pretty awesome. This is prolly what Kaqn meant when he said we could use powered-up specials repeatedly. Looking forward to the comeback potential ehue.

-We get blue HP on both hit and block for D moves. I like this a lot.

-632146A (Healing super) healed all of Celica's blue HP and some extra. It also seemed a lot faster imo. Maybe it'll have actual use now? Probably can do it after D3 for a nice HP gain.

-Random, but blue HP disappears when the round or match finishes.

Overall, I love what we're getting so far. imo Recover Cap and better reward off a lot of her stuff make up for the loss of pushblock. Her tools have been changed to work around her specials, so she doesn't need powered-up specials as much as I thought she would. I think they're mainly gonna be used to add damage, go for the kill or corner carry. Blue HP also seems pretty nice. Choosing between powered-up specials and healing means we're gonna have to play a little smarter too. Really really looking foward to CF Celica if they keep these changes.

Edit: Changes and video added to first post.

(Bring back pushblock tho plsss)

-Even if Celica takes damage, the blue HP she gets still remains. That already makes it better than Persona's blue HP and increases her healing potential by a lot.

Of all things, that's what stood out most to me. Like damn, You can just have that shit on the back-burner throughout the match. 

So from the first part of the loketest streams today.

-5C is jc-able on hit.

-j.C>j.D combos now (I like this a lot)

I'll prolly update this post as the stream goes on, then add it all to first post

Edit: Stuff from above added to first post.

I told myself it they gave her B/C normals pushback in CF that there would be no reason for me to play this character. But all these other buffs still seem enticing enough for me to at least try her out for a good amount of time. 

They seemed to have traded her explosive damage for consistency. D3 looks interesting. Might still be able to get a good spaced oki game off the ender in the corner. Not sure how I feel about it midscreen since you'll always be knocking your opponent away and resetting neutral

j.C > j.D combong is a much needed change and rewards air to air confirms considerably (depending on what route she gets from j.D now). Only worked on FC or CH j.C before so j.D might be much faster. 

Jump canc. 5C will help with burst baiting and airborne confirm. Which will lead into the aforementioned j.C > j.D. 

So in the new videos of the closed loketest, Celica gets a CH powered-up 236C and a CH normal 236C. Looks like the only difference is damage, so following up CH Celica uppah is donezo for now?

Also 236C adds additional blue HP in addition to what it superarmors through. It might refill whatever remains of Celica's red-health? As the same thing happens in the Hakumen video, but the added blue HP after superarmor is much lower and Celica has much less red-health. But who knows, maybe it's a percentage thing based on attack level/damage or something, and the red-hp stuff was just coincidence.

Pls bring back CPEX CH 236C. I guess the regular version is fine since we get a lot of blue HP for superarmor'ing through stuff even if we get no pressure/combo afterwards. But if I'm spending blue HP on 236C and I get a CH, I would like to convert that into a combo or at least get pressure off it. Otherwise I don't see myself using it much lmao.

The blue HP gimmick sounds really neat.

I like some of the new properties on her moves. I thought her projectile was solid in CPE but full screen + faster is nice. I was kinda hoping for another kind of projectile or making her projectile chargeable like her other specials but this is fine.

No more wall bounce on mid screen throw is kinda disappointing but hopefully the follow-ups are still good enough.

More footage from the closed loketest~

Nothing really new here, however powered-up 214B can be followed up midscreen, which makes it very worth it to use imo. Caused an air spin state and the Celica player followed up with 5B but dropped afterwards. But it looks like you get enough time to run-up 6B for a full combo. Also seems like you can get some sort of pressure after regular hit 236C? The diagonal angle causes em to tech pretty close to Celica, maybe enough so that she can run-up 5B/6B for pressure? Idk, I could just be hoping.

Also that color is really really cute

Well there's a few interesting things there. It confirms that 236C can armor through multiple hits, as well as disproving my red-hp thing.

236C just straight up adds extra blue health when armoring through stuff, rather than only converting super-armored damage into blue health.

https://twitter.com/HiagoXYZ/status/659994240517332992

Thanks to Hiago, we now know that 214B has head and body guard point. Definitely thinking this can be used to beat DPs when timed correctly. And since we can follow 214B without resources now, I like this. Especially since we don't have charged 236C anymore, and 236C CH is bad now anyways.

5 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Celica gonna be high tier in first release of CF

Gonna be glorious

YES!!!! I loved her from day 1, and happy she is getting better. Never thought there was going to be a character more fun than tsubaki. Beside the pushblock changes, i m looking forward to her if the changes stick.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s660/sh/60bcf7c3-9fbc-4345-97e5-4a35e48cd036/fcb8fe6db58eae3206d730f6b27dd236

According to ArcRevo winners her overall strength is a 6/10.. healing gimmick helps her, but existence of pushback hurts (though we knew that). Considered the same base character but just more stable.

A good amount of Celica matches (sadly the Video Thread is still missing so I post them here):

[20.11.2015] https://youtu.be/xKzKPli9vIE?t=2504 
[20.11.2015] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PPxM0OtoWI (until 9:03)
[20.11.2015] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xQatyVh5k (until 30:05)

They changed the animation of the recovery off a whiffed Casque Veloute. Likely because of the missing invincibility.

About an hour footage of Celica vs. Hazama:
[26.11.2015] http://www.twitch.tv/nanajo_live/v/27758982?t=01h17m05s

There were also some matches against Izayoi:
[26.11.2015] http://www.twitch.tv/nanajo_live/v/27758982?t=02h14m26s (until 02:21:15)
[26.11.2015] http://www.twitch.tv/nanajo_live/v/27758982?t=02h38m02s

I noticed that sometimes Celica's Recovery Capability was around half of her health bar. I wonder if there is an upper limit for it and if it is even possible to regenerate all her health at once.