Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawn of Musou

[CF] Celica A. Mercury Gameplay Discussion Thread

In overdrive, the biggest difference in healing super is how long it takes to come out. It leads to some really cool combos actually. Say you have about 1/3 of your life in blue life and you hit the opponent with a 2B or whatever, you don't want to do the normal 2B 6B 2C 3C 6D 214C because the 214C will take all of that meter. What you CAN do is just finish off the 6DDD, cancel the third hit into healing super, the opponent is still flying in the air, you're still gaining life, you can then dash up and continue the combo, like a 5B 6B 5C 5D6DD. All the while, because of overdrive you're gaining life and then gaining the life you would gain on top of that by hitting them with drives, and then you heal it all. I went from a very low amount of life to a decently high amount of life by just doing one combo like that. 

Regularly, the healing super takes a bit longer to startup and you won't be able to get your life back. Also one you gain the life back from healing super, you can block. If the super animation happened, then you won't get hit by anything. You can be hit out of the startup of course and it completely ruins all your plans but yeah...

The C super is really bad on block, a lot of the cast can easily punish it even if they just sat there.

Anyways, here's the notations of the combos above:

enhanced 214B: 

214B dash up 6C j.C 6B 2C 5D 214C 6B 5C 5D 214C 6B 5D 214C

Corner combo:

(whatever into 3C) 6D 214C 2C 5D 214B 6C j.D into whatever. I want to test if you can do something like 6C jump cancel j.C 6B 5C 5D 6DD instead.

Combo off j.C Counter:

CH j.C j.C j.D6D 236B 5A 5B 6B 3C 6D 214C. After the 6D he would have been better off continuing the string and then keeping health by cancelling the 3rd hit into 236B imo. 

Corner combo with enchanced 236C in mind:

5B 5C 5D 236[C] 2B 5B 6B 2C 5D 214C 6B 5C 5D 214C 6B 5D (and im pretty sure he could continue it by finishing the drive or doing super right after that)

The other videos arent working for me so I can't write her grab or anti air combo. In general, anti air as 6B 2C j.BC j.CD into drive finisher is pretty optimal. ending it with the divekick instead of j.D isn't terrible either.

For grab right now im keeping it simple with 5B 6B 2C j.BC j.BC j.214A. 

In general tho, you can loop with her by doing 6B 2C/5C 5D 214C. After a CH 2C/5B into 6C, doing j.C 6B 2C 5D 214C seems very possible.

One thing to note for these combos is ranga is the "standard" size, but there are some characters that are bigger/smaller/not standard, so things work won't on some characters for seeming no reason sometimes.

Played a bit more today. 

For her throw combo, I found:Throw 5B 6B 5C 5D 214B 6C j.C j.C j.214A. This was her best damage by far.

I was messing around with her corner combos. This is the one that did the most damage, but I'm not quite sure it's worth it for how bad it is when dropped:

5B 2C 3C 6D 214C 2C 5D 214B 6C j.C 6B 5C 5D into either laser super or finish off drive. It did a little more than just doing j.D after the 6C but when you do the 6C too early and the opponent is too high for 6B to connect, it's bad. You can't do more hits really after the j.C in the air. Another j.B j.C will whiff, so you kinda lose out a bit. It's a couple hundred damage more than the easier version, so it's up to you.

One thing I found, too, was that if you do Celica's 214B vs rachel chair, you'll eat a big chunk of blue health, but she can't cancel and she's stuck in recovery, so you get a free CH 5B 6C or 2C 6C or whatever.

Off of raw 6C I was able to get the following to connect: 

6C j.C 6B 2C 5D 214C 6B 5C 5D 214C 6B 5C 5D6D5D. If you start with an enhanced 214B the last part (6B 5C 5D6D5D) will actually drop between the two hits of the second hit of her drive. You can prolly get a small reset if your opponent techs and doesn't block because they'll still be in the air and can easily get hit by the third hit of the drive. Not sure about if I start with 5B or 2C on CH into 6C, but something to test.

A dirty trick I found is doing and drive into the third hit, and then rapid into 2B instead of doing the overhead like I normally do. My opponent stood up right then and got nailed with a 2B.

In overdrive, as I said in my previous post, healing super is super fast. In overdrive, I ended up hitting my opponent on the ground with the third hit of her drive on CH (so theyre standing there spinning). I cancelled that into healing super, healed, my opponent is still spinning and i had enough time to run up and hit him. You should go for a knockdown because for some reason 2B 3C doesn't connect there. Maybe just do 3C into 6D6DD or something? Depends on how much hitstun they have and how bad the hitstun actually is. Again, something else to test.

I hit my opponent with a ch j.C from pretty far away, def at a range where nothing except 5B would connect in BBCP, but I managed to get 5B 6B 2C j.BC j.BC j.214C. The 2C pulled them in from pretty far and jumping forward make it happen. Her improved 2C is a godsend for combos.

Celica Grab Combo: 5C > 5D > 214{B}> micro dash > 6C > JC > j.C (delay) > 6B > 2C > 5D > 214[C] > 6B > 2C > 5D > 214[C] > 5B > 6B > 3C > 6D.

Damage: 3.5k

Celica Anit-Air Combo: 6B > 5D > 214 > micro dash > 6C > JC > j.C (delay) > 6B > 2C > 5D > 214[C] > 5B > 6B > 3C > 6D~5DD~5DDD > (236B or Heal) 

Damage: 3k.

Yeah that grab combo is sick, makes sense. It won't work on some characters though (like carl and maybe arakune?)

After playing and testing stuff, enhanced 214B into 6C only combos against certain characters, and it doesn't combo against anyone at anything more than point blank range. One combo that does work even from far away is:

214{B} jump cancel airdash j.B j.C 6B 2C 5D 214C 6B 5C 5D 214C 5D6D5D or 6B 5D 214{C}

The timing for the jump into airdash is pretty rough but it's probably the most optimal followup imo.

Also against carl, 2D 5D just doesn't work against him so you have to just do more basic combos. I can barely reach him with 214{B} dash up 5B 6B 2C.

You can do 6B 2C j.BC (one hit of j.C) j.C j.D and the j.D will connect. It works even at full life. If you 2B them from high enough you can do 6B 2C 5D 214{C} 6B 5C 5D 214{C} 6B 5C 5D6D5D. If they're too low to the ground, the 5D will whiff. 

Also CH air to air j.C, you can also dash up, do 6B 2C 5D 214{C} 6B 5C 5D 214{C} 6B 5C 5D6D5D.

3rd hit of 5DDD only, rapid into 6C combos, too. You can just do generic 6C combo (j.C 6B 2C 5D 214{C} 6B 5C 5D 214{C} 6B 5D 214C)

Something good against Nu that I discovered is that 214C can go through one projectile hit. This means that if she tries to 5D you, you can just do 214C and go through it and possible CH her. This is huge because its easier to get in now because of that. 5DDD helps too, or 6DDD because the second hit makes celica go pretty far and I've gotten many counterhits from that. Also her overhead can eat a hit, too, so single hit attacks or counter assault will get wrecked by overhead.

A lot of players use overdrive into the new overdrive attack and it can go through a lot of my blockstrings, so just be careful. It goes through Celica's drive, but if you're doing the second hit of 5DD, then you might be able to escape depending on when the opponent actually did it. This still causes quite a bit of problems for Celica, so just be careful.

Jourdal put up a video today featuring a lot of really strong Celica gameplay which featured a lot of new enhanced 214B and 214C combos (sudo jetplane loops are back from arcade extend! lol but they do no damage by comparison) 

Some amazing stuff, I'm really looking forward to her new green health bar and how it affects her gameplay. Seems as though there's a shitload of new ways to play her and I can't wait. 

here's the video on jourdal's channel

I just transitioned to Celica as my main here in CP, after viewing all these vids and such. CF celica looks incredibly fun! alot more incredinle combo possibilities have opened up for her, not to mention interesting approach options.

Yes, she attempted to use 236C. It superarmored through all of the bugs from Arakune curse, which is why such a large amount of blue life accrued in such a short amount of time. Arakune blocked 236C itself, so she was then hit. And then she was sad.

Well, proration shouldn't apply since she's not actually getting hit in a combo. So all of their hits would apply base damage. Celica superarmor may also be inconsistent in how much life it rewards.