Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Seo

[CF] Kagura Mutsuki Information

So from everything I have seen so far from watching JP Kaguras in BBCF this is my analysis of what things we should be doing differently in BBCF.

-5DA, C Fafnir, [8]2C, should never be used as an ender unless you want damage over oki for some reason, or you are trying to kill and don't have the meter to do it

-Most corner combos should end with 2DC, delayed B orb for oki. (Unless after C Fafnir, [8]2C you can do another [8]2C)

-I don't think [8]2C should used that much outside of mixup opportunities, and combo filler.

-A orb should be delayed a bit after 2DB to get an ideal oki situation.

-Probably best to opt for j.C IO on characters it work on then use [8]2C

-j.C is almost impossible to combo off of unless you land right in front of them.(Which means RIP CH j.C, 6C)

-When ODGCing, see whether wave super or EA would work better for the situation your in. If you have AF, probably EA. If not wave super unless you think an active move is already out on you.

-Comboing after mid-screen B Fafnir is nice.(seems like certain situations might need a small dash 5B)

-should be punishing with 3C, 2DB, RC... if 2C is would too slow for the situation.

-Have to commit a little more with pressure and mix-ups (Only if A orb pressure is dead, only saying this because I have not seen anyone do it)

Overall seems like basic midscreen Bnb does a little more damage and things that did amazing damage last version don't do as much anymore. But hey this is only week one, who knows what will be found out in the next month or so. Will probably still be a mid-tier character at best IMO.

So based off what I have been able to see It seems like CF wanted to form Kagura into a more proactive character in neutral and mid screen situations (which I personally like). This seems likely due to some of his C normals appearing to be faster and having B Fafnir now give you the ability to combo afterwards mid screen. They also have seemed to made him less heavy handed in the corner off of simple conversions, due to his Fafnir no longer wall sticking for massive amounts of damage and now making B version his go to for corner damage. While he still dishes out decent damage from his conversions it definetly is not as much as CP, but damage is still there for just a bit more work. It seems like in CF the devs decided to give him more well rounded tools overall at the trade off of less damage than what we are used to which is fair in my eyes. Also one thing Im noticing is that many players are opting do do 6B [8]2C for the quick overhead and this seems that at the right distance it can be made hard to punish (video below provides an example). Overall CF Kagura seems to be a nice improvement overall and seems like a welcome change.