Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schneider-X

[CF] Loketest info

I come bearing more news...its good or bad depending on who you ask, but I'm fine with it

- Hotaru no longer avoids bursts; needs to jump cancel on hit if you want to bait a burst with it
- Renka's 2nd hit is whiffing a LOT. If you're a bit far away and the opponent is crouching it'll whiff already
- Guren has less untech time
- Kishuu either has longer invul or low profiles again
- Agito deals more damage
- You're pushed very far away when 6A is blocked now
- Tsubaki, Zantetsu and Shippuu no longer ignore combo rate; they aren't dealing significant damage in combos at all

- j.D can't be followed up with anything.

Is that information the entirety of what we know?  It seemed like @paakumen on twitter was tweeting a ton of information on Hakumen.  Either way, this is very interesting news.  

Hiago also had this to say:

- Shippuu is slower, doesn't deal as much damage and you can't spam Shippuu in Mugen anymore

Interesting changes, that's for sure.

Ok, so from what I can tell from Google translate; first impressions seem to be that Hakumen hasn't really had any significant changes from CPEX, aside from the obvious damage nerfs. Other than that, its mostly things already posted in this topic.

A few things not noted tho:

6A seems to have been increased from a Level 3 attack to a level 4, and I think its possible to link it from 5B?

2C's head invul starts from 9f~ (which may be more), frame advantage is -17 and its only jump cancellable on hit. Because of its new float property, its possible to 2C>Tsubaki>5C.

j.C damage was nerfed from 1300->1000

Guren floats less and has less untech time(?) I think

Kishuu has head, body invul from 5f~

Agito no longer carries momentum from hop.

Enma is free and seems to have more untech as you're able to link 5B after a it. Thinks its much stronger than in CPEX

Tsubaki fatal counters.

That's all I can really understand.

Hmm enma already has enough untech time for you to combo into 6C, so when they say you can link 5B does that mean off midscreen enma > dash > 5B? It feels like that would only be possible if it launched them higher than it does now, cause currently they would hit the ground before you can link the 5B after the dash.

Yea, I think so; also thanks to a good friend, some of the notes got translated:

6A
Start-up 12F
Normal cancelable from 5B etc, late cancel possible
SD -1
Attack Level up from 3 to 4
Don't know how good it is outside of pressure
Hitback has been increased so you get separated sooner, 6A > 6A > 6B won't reach

2C
Start-up 13F
Head invul from 9F~
SD -17 (might be more)
Jump cancelable on hit only
Untech time increased
2C > j.2C or Tsubaki works
CH leads to a painful combo
2 magatama leads to late 3000s in damage
Normal hit is a little questionable

Renka
1st hit untech time down
2nd hit aiming at the sky has an issue, it doesn't take much for you to separate and it'll whiff on crouchers
No defense yet -5 on block (don't get that no defense bit)
Horizontal hitbox is weak but vertical hitbox is better
Mid-screen, 2nd hit > jc j.2C > 5A > 5B > air combo = 2900
In corner, air dash j.2A > j.C into whatever you want
Mid-screen has an air dash combo but it's really hard
If you think the second hit will whiff, you can Zantetsu, but that's something that any person can figure out

Tsubaki
High, guard crash technique
Unexpectedly, a Fatal Counter
FC Tsubaki > 2C > air combo = 4700
Landing 2C > air combo works if you catch them from a height
Seems bad to use as a combo part
Air guard crash lets you land 5C if you're low enough

Yanagi
Uses 1 magatama
Start-up 4F~
Counter deals 1500
Bad as a reversal or to press position
Appears to leave a large margin to throw, something about using it against JCable normals, hitbox isn't very wide, it won't grab Jin cross-up j.2C or Valk descending Konig Wolf
If it hits Kishuu > 6A > 6B combo leads to 3300, Enma combo 3100
The counter portions combo time is FAST (as in, Short)

Hmm so according to this, they're making 6A more of a gatling tool. I wonder how much of a gap 6A > 5B would have. 12f startup means it's actually 1f faster than in CPEX so that helps for anti airs. (Also looking at the frame data I'm amazed 6A and 2C actually have the same startup, but it's 6As head invul that makes it feel faster. With 2C now also having invul it should be interesting how much safer and faster it *feels*.  Though the recovery is what always scared me.)

Yanagi is bad to press position? That's literally what I was expecting it to be good for. I wonder, did you guys ever hear if the new counter nerfs were just being punishable on projectile counter or something else?

Yea, its not a 1:1 translation, but Yanagi not being a good for pressing neutral is really odd, what's it supposed to be used for then. And the evernote doesn't mention anything about his counters being punishbable. Something that important I think would have been mentioned.

6A > 5B? I think the note is 6A can be gatling or late chained from 5B.  Also no mention of 6As head invincibility so I guess it's gone.

That note is weird, it doesn't even mention 6D being 1f. Makes me a bit scared it's not actually true.

EDIT: Also, yea that earlier thing about Yanagi is a mistake, its supposed to read like "Use it to press position, but don't use it as a reversal", it was a pretty wonky translation so that's my bad.