Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreiko

BBCF Bang changes

There's a new article about Bang in CF, it shows his new DD/Exceed Accel too, it's hype.

http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=95346

I translated the listed changes we have so far:

I might be missing somethings but the gist is this:

-5A>2A revolver action gone

-2A>2A revolver action returned

-B nail feels faster/nicer to use

-2B>5D doesn't combo on crouching

-Mussasabi no jutsu (scarf fly/hover) is doable twice in a row now, doable after airdash/itself/etc (my interpretation is that it does not consume air options now and rather just has a flat 2 usage rate), things like J2C>J22A>J2C>J22A>J2C  are possible

-C-nail webs you even if you block it (of course this means huge blockstun will ensure when that happens)

edit: more stuff from article:

Pressing D after guard point (the explosion) is extremely fast and almost always hit . They mentioned not every case has been tested out though

If the D move hits, the followup is guaranteed to hit also

If the D move is blocked you can/and should still do it because its safe on block (in this case if just the explosion hits you dont get a seal)

You can move after the explosion when your clothes come back, if you're mid air you keep your air options too

2C > ABCD (hold) connects, so is OD Daifunka > RC > Exceed Accel and it does huge damage during Active Flow

They also mentioned you can cross up 3 times for doing J4B > 22A > J4B > 22A > J4B (but I dont see how that works in a real match)

Thanks to ryu-bi!

Good 10 to 15 minutes of bbcf Bang stuff from the stream archive

Yeah, I noticed that too, they buffed the max damage though. All the more reason to end things in daifunka I guess.

On 11/16/2015, 11:40:41, GreekAngel said:

Famitsu article:  http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcf/diary01.html

Has some sick things in it

O__O...

So from Google Translate, Bang has a somewhat new interesting property where he can cancel the end of normals, specials and distortions on hit or block with a nail dash.

Examples given in the corner (note that number in front of nail dash is direction of the dash):

• [D bumper at corner already setup]: 3C > 4-nail dash > 3C > 4-nail dash > 3C (This combos apparently...)
  • [D bumper at corner already setup]: 6B > 2-nail dash > 2B (Not a counter hit from 6B!)
  • Corner combo > 623B Ender > 214D then on Oki: 2B [Blocked] > 623B [Blocked] > X-nail dash (You can do a 6-nail dash which extends to a grab or 5B or instead of a 6-nail dash, do a 9-dash nail and then j2C right after.)
  • Air combo ender > j214B then on Oki: 623C > 2-nail dash > jC > 5B > ... (No rapid required =D!)
  • [D bumper at corner already setup]: Daifunka > 6-nail dash > Ashura > X-nail dash (HA! CS SACRED COMBO IS BACK!)

Flying squirrel is now easier to use on baiting anti-airs. It looks like it can cancel the momentum of an air dash but I am not sure...

Can anyone correct me if I am wrong?

J22A is not tied to jump stock any more (we've known this since some old loctest months ago I believe, you can see me mentioning above that it doesn't consume air options in fact! :D) so yeah you can use it in more situations, such as after an airdash.

The bumper cancel is both on block and on hit it seems since you see 623B get blocked. What I wanna see is if you can bumper dash cancel his CT since in this game CT guard crush doesn't let you punish them with a good button but maybe Bang can do it with a bumper in there by just dash canceling the CT like he does 623B.

Wowwwww

So excited for bumpers in this version.

I guess this is the trade-off for them disappearing after 3 uses. Otherwise you'd have like permanent pseudo-FRKZ for the cost of 2 nails.

Bang gameplay starts around "1h4m12s"

Explosive Shadowstep (D follow up after getting drive guard point) seems to be fatal.

Bang's Counter Assault got nerfed.

34 minutes ago, Pen_Ninja said:

Wowwwww

So excited for bumpers in this version.

I guess this is the trade-off for them disappearing after 3 uses. Otherwise you'd have like permanent pseudo-FRKZ for the cost of 2 nails.

Did they say they disappear after 3 uses? That would explain why the bumpers are gone from different pictures...

Also, forgot to specify that it works on block from my post, gonna edit that if possible...

10 minutes ago, Solemen said:

Did they say they disappear after 3 uses? That would explain why the bumpers are gone from different pictures...

Also, forgot to specify that it works on block from my post, gonna edit that if possible...

I don't recall anyone mentioning it but you can see it around 37:03 in the video Darkrush posted in this thread above.

https://youtu.be/vPViovh2YPw?t=2222

Daifunka nerf hurts my heart and 5D seems very slow now but everything else looks great. Kinda expected the 5D change due to the removal of SMP to be honest lol.

5C>5D is a thing now apparently since 5D launches on hit. I wonder how unsafe it is on block.

edit: B nail glide is back. It seems to have no landing recovery like A nail too.

edit 2:

2D jump cancel on block is back

Air command grab can be extended without bumper and RC.

Combos even into Ashura distortion...

Apparently you can now do 5B after doing 6C > jD which was usually doable during certain grab combos?

3C seems to pop the opponent up but because of this, the untech time has been decrease to the point where they can tech when they hit the floor. This seems to be the case for the fatal version and I am not sure if it pops them higher. Someone confirm this I guess?

Curious to know if the explosive shadow step has a big start up or something...

It seems that combos that once uses 22A to connect is no longer needed.

Will edit if I notice something more...

6C>jD>5B worked when the jD connected with the foe at a certain height and above since that prolonged the hitstun enough to allow for it. If it's just doable now it would either mean jD causes more hitstun or 6C pops them up quite a bit higher up than it used to.

Nudity explosion seems fast, I have NO idea why he wasn't going into it off of 6D, I'll chalk it up to just being not used to the option or something.

j623B has a LOT more hitstun now so you don't need to mussasabi or delay it significantly to get 5B to connect off of it but it might still be a thing worth doing for an optimization purpose.

More video showcasing!

A cool corner combo that uses a B nail during the middle of the combo. He uses it again in the next match.

Fatal combo that uses all 3 different nail types =D!

Explosive 2D combo.

Bumper mix up with command grab and nail dash cancel during the move.

Sorry if I am spamming this, too excited =D!

Oh yea, air distortion command grab got nerfed to 2.3k where I believe the previous version was a bit higher?

The explosive show step activation might be after guard point which I hope is not the case...

Oh yeah we have known this for a while. Explosion is a D followup after you GP something like the teleports. It's invincible and fatals and is very very very safe though so if he could just do it for free it'd be beyond stupid.

Poison from A-nail now goes away if you connect a Distortion.

Bang's Astral is slightly different. (See second video, last combo)

New vids!

Poison nail effect duration seems to be a lot shorter than before.

Any idea if it does less damage now or whether it just does 800 over a shorter amount of time?
Maybe there's some other rule in place.

A good friend of mine (@GreekAngel5A on twitter) made this pastebin post about all the changes between CPEx and CF Bang!

http://pastebin.com/pe3mAfB6

On 24/02/2016 at 3:02 AM, Pen_Ninja said:

Poison nail effect duration seems to be a lot shorter than before.

Any idea if it does less damage now or whether it just does 800 over a shorter amount of time?
Maybe there's some other rule in place.

Poison nail (J.236A) ticks faster now, so damage is now more pronounced.