Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RentalBlackout

HRAP4 Kai weird inverted input occurrence

I've got the HRAP4 Kai for a while now, and I quite like it. My first stick was the wireless tekken 6 hori stick, and compared to what I have now, I'm really happy.

However, sometimes something weird happens when I'm playing. It happens very rarely, only once in a while. There had been times when I wanted to IAD forwards, but instead, it made me IAD backwards, even though I did 956.

There was even a time I did 214214 but it became 236236, giving me the wrong super. 

I am not sure when does it happen, but if I were to guess, it happens after I hold back(when blocking for example) for a long time. I think it has happened before when I held the stick in one direction to run and wanted to IAD backwards, though it made me IAD forward.

Apparently, I'm not alone in this as well, as my friend who has the same stick did mention it happened to him before a couple of times, where he wanted to crouch but jumped instead.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone who has a stick with a Hayabusa lever?

what console are you on? Even though Im on PS3, i put my hrap4 kai in PS4 mode to reduce input lag and one time my buttons were switched and a button even did a 623A motion even though i only pressed 1 button!

I play on a ps3. Hmm, I usually put it on the respective mode for the console I'm on. The friend I mentioned earlier plays on a ps4 however.

Yeah, i got this sucker. Mine also rebounds before settling in the dead zone. I haven't investigated possible solutions yet.

Make sure the sticks set to DP and stop being so harsh, also a bad habit is letting go of the stick after doing a motion instead of putting it back to neutral yourself.

Like Dosu mentions, the #1 cause for weird lever behavior is accidentally flipping your stick into the LS or RS pseudo-analog modes instead of the DP direction-pad mode.  This is because of how the controllers try to emulate the analog signals using the digital switches and can cause some really strange outputs.  

Factoring in (what I consider to be) the Hayabusa's slightly too weak spring and you can get some even stranger outputs due to the rebound.

The button issue though makes me wonder if you're getting the PS4 controller processing lag problem I've had in the past as well.  I've hit situations where my DS4 will periodically become 'stuck' for a second or more sometimes.  In that case I was able to correct it by going into the system menu and selecting Restore Defaults (found that tip on a PS4 subreddit or something).  So that's another thing to try as far as the PS4 problem goes.

But it's really crazy how badly the DP/LS/RS switch can mess up your game.  First thing to check, always.  Also, I think a 2lb JLF spring makes the Hayabusa the best stick around.  Fixes rebound and makes it feel soooo smooth.