Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Rachel Loketest Changes and Discussion

Sources:
Errol's evernote with translation - Thanks a lot for this. Wuv you!!!

Footage and Screenshots:
Pic of the new Ivy Blossom
Pic of the new Dahlia trajectory
Rachel's Exceed Accel

Normals:

• JA still an overhead
  • 6A floats even on ground hit (presumably without wind). Float is low. floats without wind, but barely. 6a>4b does not work - they'll touch the ground and tech first.
  • Suspect that 6A's recovery remains the same.
  • 6A untech seems to be reduced (?) - Seems to be conflicting reports on this one.
  • 6A are reverted to CP1 status.
  • 5B attack level 2, special untech time likely attached now
  • 5B/2B level raised? 5C connects.
  • Rachel's overhead forces crouch? (4B?)
  • 4B>5CC gatling is still there
  • CH 6B does not blow away, puts them in standing stagger state.
  • 6B has spin-down effect on CH, but dash 5B would not connect. maybe it would on a perfect 0f dash 5b.
  • 5C is slower.
  • 5CC>6C gatling still exists
  • JC untech reduced? maybe standing opponent only? does not float with 5D wind.
  • J2C becomes an overhead right after startup, even without wind. with J2D it will become a very quick overhead. J2C>5a does connect on crouch, but there is a gap if they block it.
  • J2C lv 2 startup slowed down
  • 3C normal guard is -1, reverted to CP1 status.

Drive:

• Wind recovery is pretty fast regardless of remaining wind stock.
  • Wind recovers quite fast during OD.
  • Wind regen is nerfed. 10 seconds to regen from 0 to 4. But, that's from 0 to 4. regen from 0 to 2 is much slower than in CPE. 7 seconds to go from 0 to 2 wind.

Specials:

• George has no gauge anymore. but there's probably some kind of cooldown
  • The time the frog isn't active due to being hit has been shortened.
  • Lobelia startup is not guaranteed.
  • suspected that 236B/C untech time is nerfed.
  • 236C is reverted to CP1, doesn't go full screen.
  • Lotus is unchanged, same effect as before
  • Iris are still fast like in CPE.
  • Pumpkin still gone.

Ivy Blossom:

• About a second after setting it, about 10 bats come out.
  • Ivy blossom has no hitbox, but just by being near the opponent they will take life away.  
  • You can use D to guide them towards the opponent, where the opponent will be unable to avoid the attack.
  • If you hit with ivy blossom, the small bats follow them about
  • If you use wind, bats spread out into a fan. 1 bat or 2 bats doesn't hurt very much. But if used in an oki position, it can hurt.
  • No effect from more than 1 Ivy
  • Ivy hurts quite a bit if all of the bats are on them
  • Bats won't kill
  • If you don't use wind, characters on top of Ivy (the cross thing), probably continually take 1 damage. (?)
  • Overall duration is short - maybe 2/3 of Pumpkin
  • Opponents touched by the bats take 100 damage regardless of guard. Instantly.
  • If you have ivy set on someone and you use 2d, you'll do a raw 1000 damage per wind you use, instantly.
  • Ivy is nerfed. you can't use 2D repeatedly to do damage anymore, and 1 D with it does about the same damage as a 5b.

Distortions:

• Dahlia has more cows? Dahlia comes from diagonally above. Probably won't hit at point blank?
  • Dahlia up until super flash is the same, but after the super flash, stuff comes out from behind/above at an angle. charge moves, like hells fang can hit you on reaction. worst case scenario, someone like terumi might be able to run up and grab for free. N-O says it, and ivy are trash to never be used.
  • Exceed - in normal status, guaranteed damage is probably about 800. Dunno bout active flow
  • lili > exceed - connects. adding lili in doesn't do much damage.

Misc:

• OD's jump cancels on every normal has been removed
  • 5CC>5A does not connect
  • 3C> Frog> meaty 2A worked as usual.
  • in the corner, you can combo with 5CC>8D.
  • 5BD6C > doesn't float (presumably it is JC that doesn't float.
  • 5B6A connected even on a JA starter with lots of moves inbetween (reason unknown)
  • JAJB>5B6A>aerial finish possible
  • 5B Could be fast. 5B5CDJC5B5C -> 5C doesn't connect
  • all around, less float? lvl 2 j2C > 236B> 3C didn't connect, but 5B did. likely can get 3c to connect.
  • JAB>5CC>8D>5B6A236A>6a4B>5CC works, but does not work if you did 5B5CC at the beginning.

Apparently CTs have faster startup now, but you get a shorter guard break the less you charge it. Meaning most characters cant combo off of an instant CT...but we have a frog so this sounda pretty good for Rachel. Just another mixup we have now.

It also means CT becomes all but unusable for Rachel on a minimal charge outside of frog/pumpkin. She could barely dash 5b in time with the current one.

You also get a longer guard break the longer you charge it, so you probably can get a 5B if you charge it for as long as its old startup. Speaking of the startup, im hearing most character's instant CT are under 20f startup.

I'll post some changes.  Changes are very bad this time around.

Ivy is nerfed. you can't use 2D repeatedly to do damage anymore, and 1 D with it does about the same damage as a 5b.

Wind regen is nerfed. 10 seconds to regen from 0 to 4. But, that's from 0 to 4. regen from 0 to 2 is much slower than in CPE. 7 seconds to go from 0 to 2 wind.

Pumpkin still gone.

J2C is an overhead. without wind, J2C>5a does connect on crouch, but there is a gap if they block it.

6A floats without wind, but barely. 6a>4b does not work - they'll touch the ground and tech first.

5CC>5A still doesn't work.

236C is reverted to CP1, doesn't go full screen.

5C, Iris are still fast like in CPE.

5C is slow again.

5B/2B level raised? 5C connects.

all around, less float? lvl 2 j2C > 236B> 3C didn't connect, but 5B did. likely can get 3c to connect.

3C/6A are reverted to CP1 status.

JC does not float with 5D wind.

The lotus is unchanged from the last loketest , overall unchanged - 7 count of effect (bat affecting wind)

The lotus that is left is the garbage one we didn't use, not the one we did use. The one that breaks all your combos.

suspected that 236B/C untech time is nerfed.

JAB>5CC>8D>5B6A236A>6a4B>5CC works, but does not work if you did 5B5CC at the beginning.

Dahlia up until super flash is the same, but after the super flash, stuff comes out from behind/above at an angle. charge moves, like hells fang can hit you on reaction. worst case scenario, someone like terumi might be able to run up and grab for free. N-O says it, and ivy are trash to never be used.

6B has spin-down effect on CH, but dash 5B would not connect. maybe it would on a perfect 0f dash 5b.

Many thanks for translating again Errol. Yeah, things are sounding rough so far, hopefully there will be tweaks in the next day or two to show off and test? I was at least hoping wind would have improved/been faster and still no pumpkin gives me the vibe of making us free at various attempts to get in on us.

I got work this weekend but if things work out I may be lucky to watch the first hour of the stream both days. If I see and I hope I see some Rachel I'll note down anything I find visually and put it up on here also :)

Edit: Seems JP Rachel's are starting to use the Hashtag #BBCFレイチェル on twitter. https://twitter.com/hashtag/BBCF%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%81%E3%82%A7%E3%83%AB?src=hash

Thanks for the translations Errol. Sad you have to be the bearer of bad news ;.;

Things are looking grim but it's still loketest so I won't worry too much. Though, I'd feel a lot better if I could see a pattern giving me clues towards what ASW hopes to be good about CF Rachel.

It's cute lol

old combos are definitely out. 4b doesn't juggle them high enough without wind and 236a also doesn't work from 6a juggle, though I didn't see every height, like the highest. Either the weight of gravity changed. Will j2c level 2 combos become the norm?

either we will use a wind to continue a combo from 5cc in the corner, or substitute wind for crush trigger, or it just won't be our go to staple combo extended anymore and we will have to find something else.

ivy looks like it might give a little meter as well. Even with Rachel's life low (triggering the slow meter gain), when the bats were on amane, meter gain seems to have increased substantially. Very slow move and grounded ivy summon doesn't appear to have a hitbox to keep the foe in any sort of pressure. Will hold off on judging this move too harshly for now.

wind also does look very slow. Odd because she's looking more wind intensive than before.

im getting weird premonitions of cs1 Rachel.............

wind regen is nerfed. 10 seconds to regen from 0 to 4. But, that's from 0 to 4. regen from 0 to 2 is much slower than in CPE. 7 seconds to go from 0 to 2 wind.

"Hey boys, let's nerf Rachel" icon_facepalm.gif

So far seems like another BB iteration I won't give a fuck about.

There's CS1 6B lol. Also, George seems like he got destroyed by the nerf bat as well. He only does 6 hits and his duration looks extremely short now. 10 seconds wind regen is an improvement from the current version's 14 seconds. However, I'm more concerned about her combo routes being kind of non-existent without CT and all her neutral and oki tools being destroyed. With Ivy's current design, it can't fill the gaping hole in how Rachel is supposed to even have a neutral game without pumpkin. They would have to strengthen her other tools to make up for it, but it seems like those got nerfed instead.

One thing I am fairly certain of is since Tempest Dahlia's change is in the CF trailer, that's one move that's going to stay ass. I guess we'll have to see how she fairs next round of the loketest.

10 seconds for 0-4 really isn't an improvement because 0-2 slowed down greatly. You can use wind a lot right now if you're willing to stay on low wind, which is reasonable for a lot of matchups.. It's really not good vs Nu, but more normal matchups it is reasonable.

I knew george looked worse but I hadn't pinned down exactly what it was. Knew it looked shorter, but I see, 6 hits instead of 8. Does he activate faster too? I dunno, it looks worse.  Delay tech > backdash seems like it might dodge george.. 

People did find some windless combo routes but I don't think that matters that much... Neutral, pressure, oki tools are fucked up.

Tweet from Hiago

• N-O says Rachel is still garbage

;.; I actually read N-O's original tweet earlier this morning but I was hoping twitter's translate was making it seem more grim than it actually was. ASW still could turn this around in the final release if they take feedback from Rachel players seriously though...Please don't make me dust off the CS1 wheelchair, ASW. 

Didn't get to post since I've been away at Canada Cup but from what I can gather from reading tweets from N-O and Errol whose in Japan right now, Lotus got pretty buffed to the point that they think it's really strong. Not sure about the specifics of the buff though. Think I read that it's fast startup, short recovery, plus on block.

Guess we'll know for sure soon. Game releases at the end of this month. I'll probably create a final changelist thread to compile everything that stuck when the game releases.