Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RX-0 Banshee

[FB] RX-104FF "Penelope": "Quack, quack!"

16811636689_e87351e03f_z.jpg

RX-104 Odysseus Gundam

RX-104 "FF - Fixed Flight Armor Unit" - "Penelope"

Pilot: Rein Eim

HP: 700/280

NOTE: "Penelope" is the name of the Fixed Flight Armor Unit that the Odysseus Gundam wears to increase its speed and maneuverability.  It has it's own HP similar to Gundam Alex's Chobham Armor, but unlike Alex, once it is broken off, if it is re-equipped after the recharge timer is 100%, it will stay on Odysseus and cannot be broken off again.

"Penelope" Move List

[A] Beam Rifle

Standard beam rifle shot.  11 rounds that recharge per shot.

[CSa] Mega Particle Cannon (sweep)

The Penelope shoots a large mega particle cannon beam in wide arc with its right arm.  Opponents hit by it are knocked away.

Beam Sabre melee

[CSb] Mega Particle Cannon (chop)

The Penelope shoots a large mega particle cannon beam horizontally with its right arm.  Opponents hit by it are knocked down and bounced if they are near the ground.

[AB] Funnel Missiles

Six Funnel Missile appear (three on each side) on the sides of the Penelope, and then go and seek a locked-on opponent.

[AC] Mega Particle Cannon (shoot)

The Penelope shoots both mega particle cannons in its arms and shoulders, sending out twin beams.

5 [bC] High Maneuver Dodge

The Penelope spins to the left in a short, but quick arc. 4/8 [bC] will dodge to the left and 2/6 [bC] will dodge to the right.

[ABC] Mega Particle Beam Barrage

The Penelope shoots all four of its mega particle cannons while unleashing all of its funnel missiles.

Odysseus Gundam Move List

[A] Beam Rifle

Stand beam rifle shot. 6 rounds that recharge per shot..

Beam Sabre melee

[AB] Beam Rifle Barrage

In a move eerily similar to Gundam GP01, Odysseus performs a leaping cartwheel while unloading its beam rifle.  Decent tracking.

[AC] Mega Particle Cannon (shoot)

Odysseus Gundam shoots a large single blast from its wrist-mounted Mega Particle Cannons.  2 shots before reload.

[bC] Penelope Flight Armor Unit summon

After the armor meter recharges, Odysseus Gundam can put the Penelope Flight Armor on.

[ABC] Mega Particle Cannon Blast

Odysseus shots medium-sized twin beams from its arms.

Feel free to add stuff!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that once the flight armour is purged and reapplied from Odysseus mode, it can't be destroyed. Even if you take 280 damage in Penelope mode after reapplication, it won't purge again.

Both modes have constantly reloading Mains. They don't have to be emptied first like you would expect from reading "n rounds until reload". Both Penelope and Odysseus' Subs on the other hand do have to be emptied before they start reloading.

A neutral BC in Penelope mode always moves to the left. It does not cut tracking.

While you're purged and in Odysseus mode none of your Penelope armaments will reload except your Main.

If you respawn in Cost Over you'll do so in Odysseus mode, regardless of what mode you were in when you died.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that once the flight armour is purged and reapplied from Odysseus mode, it can't be destroyed. Even if you take 280 damage in Penelope mode after reapplication, it won't purge again.

If you respawn in Cost Over you'll do so in Odysseus mode, regardless of what mode you were in when you died.

I don't own the suit, but from what I've watched of gameplay, this first part seems to be true, as once you re-equip the Penelope craft the gauge disappears from the UI. Just to list the numbers here, once the craft is destroyed there is a 7.5s CD, and then a 12s reload time before you can manually reequip with BC.

That second part though isn't necessarily correct. When you redeploy Overcost, the health penalty of your Overcost is deducted from the craft's HP - it's not just a flat "Odysseus only" rule or dependent on what mode you were in when you died.

• 2500 partner: 83% HP penalty, so you redeploy as Odysseus
  • 2000 partner: 67% HP penalty, so you redeploy as Odysseus
  • 1000 partner (1 death): 33% HP penalty, so you redeploy as Penelope with 49 gauge remaining (280-231)...if I'm applying the reduction correctly...

So Penelope has a base HP of 700 in FB. What I don't know is when you redeploy overcosted by a 2500 partner in Odysseus, do you do so with (.17*700=) 117 HP, or with (.17*980=) 164 HP. Since Penelope craft eats the HP penalty first I'm assuming it's the latter (164)??

People apparently don't post replays of matches in which they wound up getting overcosted lol

Just tested it to confirm.

Overcosted by 1000, came back with 470HP in Odysseus mode with BC at 0 and on full cooldown.

Overcosted by 2000, came back with 240HP in Odysseus mode with BC at 0 and on full cooldown.

Overcosted by 2500, came back with 120HP in Odysseus mode with BC at 0 and on full cooldown.

BC's "HP" did not affect the overcosted HP values of the suit. They're typical of a 700HP 3k. When Penelope was reapplied after each death it was perma (BC gauge vanished), and it did not purge again for the rest of that life regardless of how much damage was taken.

Thanks for testing that. Yeah, from those numbers it looks like the health penalty is applied directly to the base HP (rounded up to the nearest 10), and moreover that the Penelope craft's HP is just totally uninvolved and consumed by the Overcost.

So...either it's different in Maxi Boost because of increased health values, or the JP wiki is just wrong on this, because they are saying the Penelope unit's HP is affected by Overcost and if your partner is 1500 (or otherwise reduced in Arcade/Conquest mode as a half-Cost CPU partner) that you come back as Penelope.

But anyway, thanks for testing that, and I'll get it added to the wiki page.